BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brentford (A) - 12:30pm KO (Sat 22nd Feb 2020)

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s no contradiction.

The result on Sat ISN'T a season changer. It’s a chance to gain 3pts. The fact of the matter is that we can lose three on the trot and still get into the playoffs with a run of wins. It’s the seven wins and three draws which matter most over a 13 game season for us now.

BUT considering there are people on here hell bent on the idea that Sat is a ‘must win’ game, the point I was making is that I personally hope the manager and players feel more pragmatic about the situation and possibilities regardless of the score, rather than hanging their hat on Saturday and feeling the season is over if we don’t win. 

No, see now you're just deflecting. You said WE have to hope that losing to Brentford doesn't derail our season, which means there's the potential for that to happen, something which you previously denied. Stop digging.

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

All hypothetical anyway isn’t it. 

I’ve got a good feeling...

3-1 Rovers

3 Raya OGs with Big Sammy G terrifying the crap out of him from long balls.

They’ll get a consolation that has something to do with Amari Bell.

Ha

I mean we could do worse than get DG and SG in the box and put a few testers in. A few Stewie Downing specials. Hopefully a few Raya specials then. 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

The result on Sat ISN'T a season changer.

You keep telling everyone you understand football, yet you sound as if you don't.   

If we go to brentford at this stage of the season, play better than them and beat them with style, the amount of confidence that would shoot through the team would propel them, or should propel them into a real chance of play offs. Momentum is everything now, right here, end of February,  the business end of the season.

And you don't think it matters much?☹ 

Some people just argue for the sake of it...you consistently contradict yourself.

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

There’s no contradiction.

The result on Sat ISN'T a season changer. It’s a chance to gain 3pts. The fact of the matter is that we can lose three on the trot and still get into the playoffs with a run of wins. It’s the seven wins and three draws which matter most over a 13 game season for us now.

BUT considering there are people on here hell bent on the idea that Sat is a ‘must win’ game, the point I was making is that I personally hope the manager and players feel more pragmatic about the situation and possibilities regardless of the score, rather than hanging their hat on Saturday and feeling the season is over if we don’t win. 

Whilst it isn’t a must win game a win certainly changes our season. Confidence is key at this stage of the season and more often than not teams that go into the play offs with that confidence get promoted - see Aston Villa. 

a loss and our season isn’t over, so in that case it isn’t must win. The Stoke and Swansea games are though. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As a few of us said when he came back, we won’t see Mulgrew in a first team shirt again.

Pay off or a move to Australia/America etc in the summer, you’d imagine.

Mulgrew knew last summer he was never going to part of the squad..why stay at his age. I see a move to Blackpool on the cards after we pay him off. Still in lives in Wrea Green area doesn't he? 

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Maybe Vale will drop out, meaning heaven forbid, we need CB cover Nyambe would go to CB and Bennett or JRC to right back. 

Vale is a forward

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mulgrew knew last summer he was never going to part of the squad..why stay at his age. I see a move to Blackpool on the cards after we pay him off. Still in lives in Wrea Green area doesn't he? 

Vale is a forward

Not Vale then, the young lad who was on the bench. I can't remember his name. 

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Defo the latter.

We are never far from a conspiracy theory on here ?

It's not a conspiracy theory. Mowbray and Mulgrew are involved in the cover up. Everything they have said to contradict it is all a ruse. Balaji is involved too, someone rang him last week and he admitted it. This goes right to the top!!!