BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Derby County (A) - Sunday 8th March [3pm KO]

9 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

LINEUP111582999861384.png

I like that formation, the Klopp style. I would have Downing out for a rest and have Johnson kicking people at Defensive Midfield and have Rothwell and Travis, both with energy supporting forward.

• Like 1

Would prefer to give Carter a chance and have Nyambe in his best position like the team above. Brereton had his best performance so far in a Rovers shirt with his appearance of the bench so would like to see what he can do from the start.  Johnson could maybe play in front of the back four with Rothwell and Travis in midfield 

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Not sure i'd be starting Johnson in this his head has looked like its still been back in Derby since he's been here.

I think Johnson has shown his worth these past 5 or 6 games he's started. His left foot gives us a natural balance to midfield with the right footed Travis.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's not a thin lad, so our famous chippy friday training regime won't be suiting him..

Please don't tell me they're now weighed down with chips instead of donuts these days....

On 03/03/2020 at 07:31, JHRover said:

We need a win. We aren't going to move upwards by drawing or losing and hoping our rivals all drop points.

Sooner or later we need to make up the ground. We've wasted 3 good opportunities in the last week to do so, and now the requirement is to do it away from home at a ground not many teams win at. 

A draw is a good result if you are happy with a mid table finish. If you want promotion then 0 wins in 4 games isnt good enough. 

I agree. Drawing these past few games is the worst kind of deja vu.
But then again, I just looked at the table on the BBC site. If we ignore Leeds and West Brom, our recent results compare very favourably to our neighbours. In positions 3rd to 18th, no other team has earned more points than us over the last 5 games......only QPR has earned the same (9 points). Apart from the top 2, only Wigan in 19th and last placed Luton have earned more points! 

Somehow I don’t feel too bad now!

Edited by tonyoz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyoz said:

I agree. Drawing these past few games is the worst kind of deja vu.
But then again, I just looked at the table on the BBC site. If we ignore Leeds and West Brom, our recent results compare very favourably to our neighbours. In positions 2nd to 18th, no other team has earned more points than us over the last 5 games......only QPR has earned the same (9 points). Apart from the top 2, only Wigan in 19th and last placed Luton have earned more points! 

Somehow I don’t feel too bad now!

Wow, this inconsistency really has been rampant lately. In a way this only makes me reflect even more on how much of a missed opportunity it has been though :( and how lucky we are to still be in the race.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The kind of guy that never runs out of brown sauce ?

Very rare I 'like' and quote but, this really made me chuckle. I guess that says more about me than anything else! ??

In fact, mods, can we have a poll please on brown or red on your bacon butty? ?

Edited by windymiller7
Poll request
  • Like 1

Surely its last chance saloon for Rovers this weekend against an unpredictable Derby County.  Much harder matches ahead for Rovers, and I feel if we slip up here we could be left out to dry over the coming weeks.  Not sure who will get the nod from the gaffa, but I would love the young guns to fire us to the BIG W.  Preview, build up and more.

24 minutes ago, @roverseas said:

Surely its last chance saloon for Rovers this weekend against an unpredictable Derby County.  Much harder matches ahead for Rovers, and I feel if we slip up here we could be left out to dry over the coming weeks.  Not sure who will get the nod from the gaffa, but I would love the young guns to fire us to the BIG W.  Preview, build up and more.

Been starting to think similarly, that we need to start getting wins pronto. In theory I should be fairly relaxed, as we are only 3 points off and that can turn in a weekend. But I've been looking at the fixtures to come, and the home and away forms of the teams in question, and I'm thinking if we can't get wins soon we risk falling too far behind.

Only 4 home games left, two of them against the best two teams in the league who also have the two best away records. Another is Bristol, who have the 4th best away record. The other is Reading, 10th in the away table, just above us.

It's likely to come down to what we can do away in those 6 games. Derby first, who have the 3rd best home record. Also Cardiff to come, with the 6th best. Millwall with the 9th best. Then Barnsley (23), Wigan (22), Luton (17), all thankfully a bit more gash at their own grounds.

We have the 7th best home record, 11th best away.

Anything can happen on any given day, but I'm suspecting when the season ends we are going to really rue not getting any wins from those last 3 run outs we had.