BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I get the ‘need’ to get football back for ‘sporting integrity’ reasons, a definitive answer to promotion/relegation/CL places etc.

But is anyone (Chaddy aside) actually missing watching the Premier League?

I am missing going to the Rovers, especially the Brown Cow before and after 

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I get the ‘need’ to get football back for ‘sporting integrity’ reasons, a definitive answer to promotion/relegation/CL places etc.

I'm not missing it at all Matty. In fact I almost want enough clubs to rebel against the proposals of 'Project Startup' and really put the jitters up the lot of them. I still feel bitter about the league's and Scudamore's lack of action when we so desperately needed them.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Not missing the premier league but I am missing Rovers in the Championship.

I haven't complained about a Mogga lineup in forever!

Most importantly, I'm missing playing football.

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not missing the premier league but I am missing Rovers in the Championship.

I haven't complained about a Mogga lineup in forever!

Most importantly, I'm missing playing football.

I have been missing playing football for the past twenty years. You don’t get over it!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/09/premier-league-footballers-receive-coronavirus-test-results-quicker-key-workers-12677023/

The PL are paying a reported £4m for testing of players and staff and are expected to get the results back within 24 hours. The frontline NHS staff and care workers are having to wait longer according to the article.

If this is true it's another reason to dislike football.

£4m to get to the front of the queue ahead of NHS staff. ‘Colonel’ Captain Tom put more money in than them!

And all because of Liverpool and Leeds IMHO.

Here we all were hoping that the pandemic might have seen a massive change in football but it’s just the same as ever.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/09/premier-league-footballers-receive-coronavirus-test-results-quicker-key-workers-12677023/

The PL are paying a reported £4m for testing of players and staff and are expected to get the results back within 24 hours. The frontline NHS staff and care workers are having to wait longer according to the article.

If this is true it's another reason to dislike the people in football.

Edited by Vinjay

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I'm not missing it at all Matty. In fact I almost want enough clubs to rebel against the proposals of 'Project Startup' and really put the jitters up the lot of them. I still feel bitter about the league's and Scudamore's lack of action when we so desperately needed them.

So do I. Abject failure of leadership and lack of moral courage.

I am really opposed to declaring this season null and void and also opposed to this AI approach to working out the results of matches still to be played.

Why can we not wait for the all clear before resuming football? This may entail waiting for a vaccine or perhaps the new tracker app may ease everybody’s fears and lead to an ending of lockdown.

The Government see football as “bread and circuses” to raise the morale of a significant portion of society.

How can football resume within the social distancing guidelines even behind closed doors?

It may take many more months and the EFL clubs need financial support but in my opinion we have to wait. The 2020-21 season can be put on hold. This current season has to be completed properly however long that might be.

22 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

I am really opposed to declaring this season null and void and also opposed to this AI approach to working out the results of matches still to be played.

Why can we not wait for the all clear before resuming football? This may entail waiting for a vaccine or perhaps the new tracker app may ease everybody’s fears and lead to an ending of lockdown.

The Government see football as “bread and circuses” to raise the morale of a significant portion of society.

How can football resume within the social distancing guidelines even behind closed doors?

It may take many more months and the EFL clubs need financial support but in my opinion we have to wait. The 2020-21 season can be put on hold. This current season has to be completed properly however long that might be.

Seemingly all of the players are being tested. Once they are given the all clear they’ll need to stay away from other (non-football) people. Should be very easy when they don’t need to go to the supermarket.

I certainly don’t see behind-closed-doors matches raising morale for anyone but Liverpool and Leeds. Which seems to be all that matters.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Not missing football in general? Really?

I can’t believe any genuine football fan would say that! 

The fact so many long standing football fans are saying just that should make the PL and the wider game very worried.

• Like 2

Just now, Mattyblue said:

The fact so many long standing football fans are saying just that should make the PL and the wider game very worried.

I am not saying it will, but maybe this will lead to a decrease in attendance, but an increase in passion, from the ones that do attend.

25 minutes ago, Uddersfelt Blue said:

Not missing football in general? Really?

I can’t believe any genuine football fan would say that! 

I think there is a wider issue that traditional fans are sick of. They're sick of the game turning into a Hollywood style set up where people idolise the player (or actor) above the team (or film). They are sick of such players being the gods of know nothings from India or Canada because they once saw a Real Madrid vs. Man City game. They're sick of Paul Pogba being an Instagram star as much as playing the game. They're sick of clubs like PSG, only formed in 1975 being supported by people from Huddersfield who have no idea the latter have ever won the league. They're sick of the money, the corrupt agents and all of that sort of thing.

I find it difficult to care about the game beyond this club when it is so broken myself at times.

• Like 5

The other issue with the testing is that it isn't enough. Given it only spots positive tests between days 1 and 5 of symptoms whilst it is far, far better than nothing, it is far from failproof. Obviously weekly testing hugely increases the chances of catching those with the virus (although for any amount of money why on earth this possibility should go to the footballers over the NHS is beyond me) but for the first couple of weeks, the chance of cross infections are pretty high imo. 

8 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The other issue with the testing is that it isn't enough. Given it only spots positive tests between days 1 and 5 of symptoms whilst it is far, far better than nothing, it is far from failproof. Obviously weekly testing hugely increases the chances of catching those with the virus (although for any amount of money why on earth this possibility should go to the footballers over the NHS is beyond me) but for the first couple of weeks, the chance of cross infections are pretty high imo. 

So these tests tell you that you have an infection that has caused you no physical effect whatsoever