BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Football League Suspended

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

First off smack down on the agents, next surely they've got to look at the other snouts in the trough. Do lge 1 & 2 clubs need CEO's etc on 1/200k ?

Finally yes a wage cap and that should start at academy level so that when lower league clubs want to take those from academies further up who haven't quite yet made it they can afford it. 

Back to the days of sourcing players from grass roots and actually employing scouts again, fook agents off altogether and build from the bottom up !

We have scouts at the club. We are scouting players from all over Europe

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have scouts at the club. We are scouting players from all over Europe

I'm talking about league 1 and 2 clubs and football in general lower down the pyramid.

Edited by tomphil

• Backroom

According to this article There may be a plan to have all games played in short succession in the midlands with teams locked down in training camps  

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-premier-league-isolated-camps-remaining-fixtures-dates-suspension-latest-a9432961.html

The fun thing is Liverpool’s title win will always have an asterisk next to it 

• Like 2

Season 19/20 really has to be finished in 2020 otherwise null and void. I don't like voiding obviously but it's much better than deciding championships, promotions, relegations on current standings. There can be moderations made to the next couple of seasons until the calendar is worked back to normal. 

Edited by Vinjay

On 29/03/2020 at 22:03, Tom said:

According to this article There may be a plan to have all games played in short succession in the midlands with teams locked down in training camps  

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/coronavirus-premier-league-isolated-camps-remaining-fixtures-dates-suspension-latest-a9432961.html

The fun thing is Liverpool’s title win will always have an asterisk next to it 

Lifting the trophy in an empty Villa Park would be very amusing 

Remember when Liverpool finished 5th and won the "Champions" League? Everton finished 4th and there was a debate over whether the FA could "nominate" Liverpool instead of Everton. Ultimately Liverpool were given special dispensation but had to enter in first qualifying round. 

So if the season is null/void couldn't the FA just "nominate" the top 4 as it stands for the next CL? Whether they get awarded a title or not?

Edited by Vinjay
  • Like 1

I suppose they could call Liverpool 'lineal' champions or something if they null and void it now. They won it but didn't win it kind of thing so in a lot of eyes they'd be the peoples champs.

In reality though they'd still be the nearly men ?

Apologies if already discussed.

Imo this season has to be finished to maintain the integrity of the competition. No matter when that may be.

Scrap or reduce next season, whatever.

Sad, as it would have been hellishly funny to see this season expunged from the record and Liverpool 31 years without a PL title.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apologies if already discussed.

Imo this season has to be finished to maintain the integrity of the competition. No matter when that may be.

Scrap or reduce next season, whatever.

Sad, as it would have been hellishly funny to see this season expunged from the record and Liverpool 31 years without a PL title.

I totally agree with the first 3 sentences.

I am one of those who want Liverpool to be correctly crowned as PL Champions and if they somehow mess it up then do that to themselves by self-imploding in games.

Say NO to an ASTERIX!!

So if I understand correctly what Gordon Taylor is saying (LT article), any club deferring players wages due to insufficient funds (due to coronovirus) will be given an FFP transfer embargo.

The PFA also advising players not to agree to pay cuts or deferrals.

Meanwhile if club owners inject cash it also goes against FFP which in our case is a no go.

Seems harsh yet the reality is after this crisis is over, we need as many clubs as possible to still exist. Not least Rovers.

• Like 1

I am appalled that the riches of the PL are not being disseminated down to employees, who are now being expected to be furloughed out. Big team player's abroad are taking pay cuts.....I understand contracts, but player's on £100,000 a week, surely can live on £50,000 a week for a short time? I know so many folk struggling on next to nothing, and are scared shitless about their short term future. I think the PL should be trailblazer's, not asking for handouts!

National league and National Leagues north and south suspended Indefinitely.

My hometown club, York City currently sit top of the National League North. Be Interesting to see what happens here, they already Null and Voided the leagues below, how can they do any different here (or anywhere else)?

10 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I am appalled that the riches of the PL are not being disseminated down to employees, who are now being expected to be furloughed out. Big team player's abroad are taking pay cuts.....I understand contracts, but player's on £100,000 a week, surely can live on £50,000 a week for a short time? I know so many folk struggling on next to nothing, and are scared shitless about their short term future. I think the PL should be trailblazer's, not asking for handouts!

If the PL were made of chocolate...

Disgusting organisation. Football family? Don’t make me laugh. A poster child for capitalism. The few taking 80%, the leeches taking the next 19%, and the real people sharing the rest.

All that will happen is League Two will get a few more non-league promotees and famous old clubs can go to the wall for all they care. “It’s just business, old boy” ??

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

This is an interesting idea. Probably fair.

Assume the same points per game ratio and forget the play-offs.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/fa-sent-new-proposal-would-18011122

I don’t quite understand the ‘no relegation’ bit though.

Means the Premier league would have 23 teams next season. That's just odd.

All the other leagues would tally up with promoted teams replacing promoted teams.