BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good News!

• Backroom
9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think it was accidental.

It was, and as a big fan of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, I'm disappointed in myself for it!

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

It's my birthday, the sun is shining, I'm off work 'til tuesday & there's beers chilling in the fridge!

Iirc someone else on here shares the same birthday as me. (K-hod?) So happy birthday to you also! ???

What a good memory you’ve got, Windy!

Happy Birthday to you as well!

Yep, 36 today! Still feeling 18, apart from the day after a big session on the ale....

• Like 4

• Backroom

Happy Birthday fellas!

Hope you both have a good un.

I'll use you as today's excuse with the missus to start drinking early. 

Her - "Beer at 2pm Silas?!"

Me - "I'm celebrating the birthdays of 2 blokes from the internet I've never met before." 

Her- "?????"

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Silas said:

Happy Birthday fellas!

Hope you both have a good un.

I'll use you as today's excuse with the missus to start drinking early. 

Her - "Beer at 2pm Silas?!"

Me - "I'm celebrating the birthdays of 2 blokes from the internet I've never met before." 

Her- "?????"

?. Love it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

What a good memory you’ve got, Windy!

Happy Birthday to you as well!

Yep, 36 today! Still feeling 18, apart from the day after a big session on the ale....

Many happy returns to you both. 

• Like 2

The golfers (Mike E) and anglers in the Brfcs fraternity can now return to the links and river banks.

Never underestimate the importance of being outside in whatever capacity, its essential to maintain good mental wellbeing.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Mike E said:

I'm thrilled to bits! Don't think I'll risk playing with a mate just yet, but I'll ask Mrs E to caddy for me, or if she wants to learn to play herself :)

Make sure she is well bored and she might agree.

• Like 1

My tooth bridge fell out yesterday - it was a temporary fix that should have been replaced at my check-up in April which never happened. So I rang my dentist.

She said that she is not allowed to do the work right now but she could give me a kit to do it myself! She said it was easy.

So I picked up the kit this morning and it came with two bags of sterilised tools, the sort you see in the tray when you go to the dentists - somewhat alarming. My wife has just done the work after taking the precaution of watching a YouTube video.  It seems hard to find a subject you can't get a YouTube film on these days. Half an hour later and everything seems fine!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, gumboots said:

I'm brilliant at it. Do all the gloss painting in the house. Taught my husband to wallpaper too. My dad taught me. I had no brothers so did all those sort of jobs with my dad.

She's barred from wall papering as well now after her last attempt. I'd gone out for the day. When I got back I saw that right in the middle of one of the chimney breast alcoves the paper butted up at the top and overlapped by an inch at the bottom !  She didn't have a clue about plumb bobs or chalk lines, she just guessed.

52 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

She's barred from wall papering as well now after her last attempt. I'd gone out for the day. When I got back I saw that right in the middle of one of the chimney breast alcoves the paper butted up at the top and overlapped by an inch at the bottom !  She didn't have a clue about plumb bobs or chalk lines, she just guessed.

Shes obviously a very clever woman.

The lad that plays drums for Paul Weller - Steve Pilgrim - is also a very talented musician in his own right (guitar based folky-type stuff). He's going to play some tunes live on Facebook this Sunday night at 9pm and he's promised to dedicate a particular favourite of mine called Love On Your Side to my son, who is a doctor in the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow.

• Like 1