BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good News!

16 minutes ago, wolfie said:

I'd been in my old job for 23 years and was getting totally fed up with it. I'd just started to look for another job when they announced they were looking for voluntary redundancies.

I managed to get 4.25 weeks per year redundancy pay, took a month off and walked straight onto another job. 

Now only working 30 hours a week and enjoy the new job much more than the old one.

Happy days 

R E S U L T :tu:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wolfie said:

I'd been in my old job for 23 years and was getting totally fed up with it. I'd just started to look for another job when they announced they were looking for voluntary redundancies.

I managed to get 4.25 weeks per year redundancy pay, took a month off and walked straight onto another job. 

Now only working 30 hours a week and enjoy the new job much more than the old one.

Happy days 

Congratulations Wolfie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So pleased for you, Mike. Was going to ask yesterday because I knew he was due around Christmas but didn't want to put my foot in it if anything wasnt quite right. Itll be a hard few months ahead but will be so worth it. I should know - I have 4, 2 planned, one half planned and one out of the blue that we still dont understand! My grandma always used to say ' Babies bring their own love with them' and she was right. You think you've no more to give and then they look at you and you're overwhelmed with love. Enjoy being a daddy! And get that Rovers sleepsuit on him as soon as you can

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2021 at 04:33, Mike E said:

He's here at long last, was due on 22nd December! I'm in love all over again.

Congratulations Mike, thrilled for you.

Hot on your heals, another Darwen Blue is due at the back end of next week, with the impending birth of our first grandchild.

Darwen Blues We are here woah, woah..............

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A mate for mine dabbles in crypto currency, for those who aren't familiar with crypto, its like the modern take on stocks and shares, but can be very dodgy as its not really regulated, fortunes are won, lost and robbed in some cases.

He's been buying and selling crypto coins for years and is a member of several forums like this one, but for people who are interested in crypto, you have no idea who you're talking to, they could be anyone.

He got talking to a chap about 12 months ago, an American who was based in Mexico, the guy was down on his luck and was looking for bus fare back to San Diego to move back in with his parents and start a new crypto platform and coin, yes it is that easy to do. My mate sent this guy $75 for the bus fare and bought him a domain name for his new coin website (Internet address) and didn't think much more about it.

They continued to chat and the lad was talking about his new venture, well in December he contacted my mate and gave him 100,000 coins in preparation for the launch last week, to thank him for $75 he was desperate for.

The coin launched and the 100,000 coins value came in at just under £10,000!

It just goes to show, sometimes you are rewarded for being kind and considerate. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

On behalf of darrenrover, who’ll be back with us shortly, I’m delighted to announce the arrival of his first grandchild, a girl at 12.30pm today, weighing in at 6lb 4oz. Mother and baby in good health. Hopefully the 6th generation of the darrenrover Rovers following family! He’s rather happy and so he should be!

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

On behalf of darrenrover, who’ll be back with us shortly, I’m delighted to announce the arrival of his first grandchild, a girl at 12.30pm today, weighing in at 6lb 4oz. Mother and baby in good health. Hopefully the 6th generation of the darrenrover Rovers following family! He’s rather happy and so he should be!

Brilliant news Mark. Congratulations to the darrenrover family 👶

• Like 2

Thanks to CLB for doing me the honours. With a bit of luck our Grand daughter will be coming home today and we may be able to be introduced tomorrow before we thump PNE!

Edit: To cap a brill all round day, I got a last minute dot com Covid jab too (reserve list at pharmacy).

The stars are aligning, Nobbers be afraid, very afraid!!!

COYB!!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/01/2021 at 20:41, Gav said:

A mate for mine dabbles in crypto currency, for those who aren't familiar with crypto, its like the modern take on stocks and shares, but can be very dodgy as its not really regulated, fortunes are won, lost and robbed in some cases.

He's been buying and selling crypto coins for years and is a member of several forums like this one, but for people who are interested in crypto, you have no idea who you're talking to, they could be anyone.

He got talking to a chap about 12 months ago, an American who was based in Mexico, the guy was down on his luck and was looking for bus fare back to San Diego to move back in with his parents and start a new crypto platform and coin, yes it is that easy to do. My mate sent this guy $75 for the bus fare and bought him a domain name for his new coin website (Internet address) and didn't think much more about it.

They continued to chat and the lad was talking about his new venture, well in December he contacted my mate and gave him 100,000 coins in preparation for the launch last week, to thank him for $75 he was desperate for.

The coin launched and the 100,000 coins value came in at just under £10,000!

It just goes to show, sometimes you are rewarded for being kind and considerate. 

That’s a great story.

I too trade in Bitcoin and the returns at the moment are amazing although I agree it is high risk. It eclipses by far from what you get betting on footy or horses.

The current price for 1 Bitcoin is £36,000 as of a few minutes ago! So I’m wondering what crypto coins your friend has got?!

He’ll be able to buy out Venky’s; own the club, relay the pitch and dish out free season tickets if he’s got Bitcoin!

On 08/03/2021 at 13:57, tonygreenbank said:

That’s a great story.

I too trade in Bitcoin and the returns at the moment are amazing although I agree it is high risk. It eclipses by far from what you get betting on footy or horses.

The current price for 1 Bitcoin is £36,000 as of a few minutes ago! So I’m wondering what crypto coins your friend has got?!

He’ll be able to buy out Venky’s; own the club, relay the pitch and dish out free season tickets if he’s got Bitcoin!

Its a good story yes.

PM'd you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead
10 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I've been given 3 months notice of redundancy, no that's not the good news as I've only three years in wth them but... I pay the mortgage off in 2 months.

Little wins 👍

What a pisser (the redundancy). Sounds like you’ve had more notice than I got last year. Was on furlough from May to August, then got an email from my then manager asking for a meeting with her and HR the next day, where they broke the news!