BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Some decent Rovers footage at the start  of this, away to Watford 73 with 600 Rovers fans who travelled on the league liner name checked and filmed, were you one of them?

Apologies if it’s been posted previously. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gav said:

Some decent Rovers footage at the start  of this, away to Watford 73 with 600 Rovers fans who travelled on the league liner name checked and filmed, were you one of them?

Those shorts… (anyone who read my piece in the last 4000 Holes will understand…😉).

F688AD20-06D8-4753-8974-3845E13AC9E7.jpeg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gav said:

I was at the game, though not on the league liner. I was living in London at the time and remember getting absolutely drenched on the way to the ground. My hair was as long as Hutchins's but I am now almost bald..Happy days!!

• Like 1

I see George Cohen has died. An ever present in the 1966 World Cup team. I always though Keith Newton was a better all round right back but George Best thought Cohen was the best right back he ever played against. Who am I to argue ? Sir Alf was an ex right back and he picked the players. Drawing the short straw in marking Jimmy Johnstone in the Scotland v England match just prior to that World Cup did for Keith unfortunately. Jimmy was unstoppable that day. One of the best wingers I ever saw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Two of my all time hero’s Duggie and Jinky. 

Yeah Johnstone was something else on his day. Unbelievably tricky and with amazing pace from a standing start. Unusually for a right footed player he was completely one footed. Normally that would give you a chance but with Jimmy it didn’t help much. He was really on song that day and Keith got a bit of a chasing.

As a result Alf chose Gerry Byrne as Ray Wilson’s stand in for the 22 man World Cup squad. Gerry was a decent pro but not in Newton’s league. I think he ended up with one England cap. Ray Wilson was a class act and a better defender than our Keith.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

We had just played United in FA Cup live in BBC, hence all the flags on the railings. 

Mate if mine sent me this a few months back, City fan, it was his first visit to Ewood watching City, he's certainly had mixed results since he pointed out.