BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

11 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

The way i look at it is if we got automatic promotion we'd have missed out on the amazing day we had at Wembley,if you are going to get promoted doing it at Wembley is the best way.

Getting promoted at Ewood would be a better place than Wembley for me. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, renrag said:

Both Blackburn born and both part of the ‘Marshall misfits’. Although misfits isn’t an appropriate description for those two

I was so gutted when Fred left, but totally baffled and deflated when Byrom was sold to Bolton. I really didn’t get that.

Edited by den
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rigger said:

Getting promoted at Ewood would be a better place than Wembley for me. 

Winning a title yes but just getting promoted,i'd rather have the day out and win at Wembley,it's been so long since we played at Wembley we must be one of the few teams in the top 2 leagues never to have played there since they redeveloped it.

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

Winning a title yes but just getting promoted,i'd rather have the day out and win at Wembley,it's been so long since we played at Wembley we must be one of the few teams in the top 2 leagues never to have played there since they redeveloped it.

Because we won a play off at Wembley doesn't mean we automatically win another. As for the new Wembley, the reason so many teams have played there is because they play so many games there, so that Wembley can make money. Would you have preferred the play-offs, to the Donny night out celebrating promotion.  

19 minutes ago, rigger said:

Because we won a play off at Wembley doesn't mean we automatically win another. As for the new Wembley, the reason so many teams have played there is because they play so many games there, so that Wembley can make money. Would you have preferred the play-offs, to the Donny night out celebrating promotion.  

Winning at Wembley or winning at Doncaster,100% Wembley

30 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Winning at Wembley or winning at Doncaster,100% Wembley

Doncaster was fantastic, a brilliant night Darren.

Promotion is promotion, both equally as good for me, throw Preston and Bury into the mix also.

• Like 2

On 18/12/2020 at 12:49, oldjamfan1 said:

Ha ha this reminds me of two classic jokes:

Wife - "Sometimes I think you love Blackburn Rovers more than you love me!"

Husband - "I love fooking Burnley more than I love you darling!"

and

My wife left me stating that I thought more about football than I did about her. Sixteen seasons we'd been together as well......

Cheered me up no end that pal.

The news yesterday that Rovers legend Ronnie Hill had sadly passed away has really knocked us for six in our house. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/18945952.ronnie-hill-tributes-paid-devoted-family-man-legend-blackburn-rovers-supporters-scene/

Wonderful guy - RIP Ronnie - Rovers Legend.

Edited by Gav

4 hours ago, den said:

That’s a joke I presume. I’m sure you know who both of those two are.

Anyone else?

I honestly don't recognise the fellow making the sale but I know Duggie. From reading subsequent posts I think it is Pickering but I didn't know up until that. I assumed Whelan because having read his book I think he says he started in business with a market stall.

43 minutes ago, Gav said:

Doncaster was fantastic, a brilliant night Darren.

Promotion is promotion, both equally as good for me, throw Preston and Bury into the mix also.

Wembley gives 40k Rovers fans the chance of the 'being there' moment rather than the lucky few thousand that got tickets for Donny,Preston etc

1 minute ago, rigger said:

There isnt 40K Rovers fans

Yes there are,are there 40k that would go to the game at Wembley,you cant say one way or the other unless we got there.108k followers pn instagram 245k on twitter,are you saying most of them arent Rovers fans?

• Like 1

Just now, renrag said:

You got it half right scored a few goals for us then the trotters

Ah I get it now - it's John Byrom. It's only a few years ago I had a brew with him at the Breezeblock but he looked different that day 😁😁😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I honestly don't recognise the fellow making the sale but I know Duggie. From reading subsequent posts I think it is Pickering but I didn't know up until that. I assumed Whelan because having read his book I think he says he started in business with a market stall.

Surprised you didn't spot John Byrom.  Smashing player. 

• Like 1