BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Are you referring to the original one? If so can you remember the street name?

Edit: Just found this.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/6041750.mystery-old-yatess-wine-lodge/

Was on one of the streets behind the Sun etc, on the circuit round the Barbary.

I went in the one in Bradford in the mid 70s and it still had a spitoon!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, renrag said:

I think you’ve got it there Tony. If my memory serves me right, Lord Street ran parallel with Church Street from Ainsworth Street to King William Street, and at the top end faced the old market square. Thwaites Arcade ran between the two streets, round about where the top door of the new market is.

You've nailed it Jack.

5 hours ago, Gav said:

No photo description available.

I remember going in there one night in 1974 with my mate. Our game at Bolton had been postponed and in came most of the Rovers squad. They were quite happy to chat to us. I was surprised -even then-at how many of them smoked!

I remember having a good natter with Terry Eccles and that John O'Mara took the piss ( in a nice way) out of my mate's hippie ( Vulcan /Queen's)clothes.

Kit Napier and Barry Endean were great to talk to and even dropped me off at home at the end of the night.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I remember going in there one night in 1974 with my mate. Our game at Bolton had been postponed and in came most of the Rovers squad. They were quite happy to chat to us. I was surprised -even then-at how many of them smoked!

I remember having a good natter with Terry Eccles and that John O'Mara took the piss ( in a nice way) out of my mate's hippie ( Vulcan /Queen's)clothes.

Kit Napier and Barry Endean were great to talk to and even dropped me off at home at the end of the night.

Did he use a dumper ?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

couple of glasses of aussie white wine was guaranteed to get the night off to swinging start!!!!!!!!!

I once took a mate from London to Blackburn Yates's and said you have to try this Aussy white wine. He had a dock and said 'Well, it may be Australian, and it may be white, but I don't think it's wine."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Did they buy the drinks Leonard?

32 minutes ago, Gav said:

We are slightly digressing here now, trying to think of a Rovers link - Bovver boots maybe 👍

No photo description available.

Skinners parallels were the order of the day along with, as you allude to Doc Martens (cherry red of course).

AG-AGR-AGRO 😁😁😁😁😁😁

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Skinners parallels were the order of the day along with, as you allude to Doc Martens (cherry red of course).

AG-AGR-AGRO 😁😁😁😁😁😁

"I was born in The Blackburn End, I was born in The Blackburn End, Knives are made for stabbin', guns are meant to shoot, If you come in the Blackburn End, We'll all stick in the Boot!

Dean Martin, eat yer bloody heart out!

Only exception I recall, were the Chelsea skinheads climbing out of The Blackburn End bit of The Nuttall Street stand and through The Enclosure, and the black leather, trench coated, Bolton Gestapo Mob, who all paid on to the Blackburn End in twos!

They can't take away our memories!

What did I just eat for tea?

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

You’re lucky Barry got you to the right street! I’ll never forget him putting one over the bar from an inch out away at Rochdale.

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

"I was born in The Blackburn End, I was born in The Blackburn End, Knives are made for stabbin', guns are meant to shoot, If you come in the Blackburn End, We'll all stick in the Boot!

Dean Martin, eat yer bloody heart out!

Only exception I recall, were the Chelsea skinheads climbing out of The Blackburn End bit of The Nuttall Street stand and through The Enclosure, and the black leather, trench coated, Bolton Gestapo Mob, who all paid on to the Blackburn End in twos!

They can't take away our memories!

What did I just eat for tea?

Lee Marvin ?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rigger said:

Lee Marvin ? Yeh, him as well!

Oh bugger, who do you think you are rigger, Oldjamfan? 🤣

Why are you always fecking right?! in mitigation, similar era, deep gravely voice etc.....

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 1