BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

1 minute ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Thanks for that Nick! I’m surprised we never went to any games together in the mid to late 60s. Not sure if you remember Alan Bates and his family. Mad keen Rovers fans, Alan worked with my dad before he moved to the Leeds area through work. My dad was never keen on football and it was Alan who took me to my first away match, a win at Bury in 1967. I also got taken to Everton for the 3rd round FA Cup tie when we lost 2-0, in 1972. That was with Bill Cocker (RIP) and his two lads, Simon and Tim? 

Like you say, Nick, they can’t take away our memories. Mostly painful during the first 26-27 years I followed the lads but every now and again you had a great day out, usually away in the cup!

I remember you getting acquainted with Max, our German Shepherd (who was soft as anything btw!) one day when we were both out walking years back🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

5th Rnd, Feb 26th 1977

Rovers team-

Bradshaw

Fazackerly, Keeley, Hawkins, Wood.

Hird, Metcalfe, Waddington, Parkes.

Byrom, Mitchell.

Sub - Taylor. Goal - Colin Todd og

What a strange team - full of centre halves - looks like we went for a draw.

bit before my time but is that paul bradshaw the  wolves keeper who played for them for  years,he was a top class goalie if i remember correctly

3 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Not sure that was the same season , remember Byrom scoring very late on to equalise ...

Just referenced the excellent Mick Jackman Waggy:

You're right, '77/78 was the season I was referring to and Blackpool beat us 5-2.

'76/'77, 2 weeks before the 5th Round tie at The Baseball Ground, we drew 1-1 with Blackpool and John Byrom did indeed score the equaliser for us.

We didn't do too badly though for 2 old geezers!

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

bit before my time but is that paul bradshaw the  wolves keeper who played for them for  years,he was a top class goalie if i remember correctly

It was the one and the same Paul Bradshaw. I was an Associate Schoolboy at the time and all the players used to call him 'Uggy'. One of the lads wrote 'L' and 'R' in felt tip on the soles of his boots, so he knew which foot to put them on.

Fair to say he wasn't 'the fizziest drink in the fridge'!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Bloody Hell Gav, you've surprised me there: I always thought you were a similar age to me for some reason! 😉🤣

First game 1975 - C H A M P I O N S 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

First game 1975 - C H A M P I O N S 👍

Indeed Gav, '66 me v Crystal Palace.

I was 'on the pitch' following the 0-0 draw with Wrexham in the final match of '74/75, when the players appeared in Private Box A afterwards and held a placard each which spelt out Champions!

Still got all of my season tickets, see one below!

£4 for the season Waggott!

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

• Like 1

On a QPR theme:

Who remembers Tim Flowers debut at QPR in 93 I think it was? Just signed him from Southampton and we filled the place.

I seem to recall us singing "Flowers in the rain" by The Move for large parts of the match, a few fans presented Flowers with bunches of flowers at the start of the match which we lost 0-1.

They can't take our memories away. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gav said:

On a QPR theme:

Who remembers Tim Flowers debut at QPR in 93 I think it was? Just signed him from Southampton and we filled the place.

I seem to recall us singing "Flowers in the rain" by The Move for large parts of the match, a few fans presented Flowers with bunches of flowers at the start of the match which we lost 0-1.

They can't take our memories away. 

Yep, I was there with my missus and a few mates. The wife bought a bunch from M&S before hand and duly threw them on to Flowers' netting as they were kicking in pre-match.

We're one hell of a bloody good and famous Football Club.

WE'RE BLACKBURN ROVERS AND WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Yep, I was there with my missus and a few mates. The wife bought a bunch from M&S before hand and duly threw them on to Flowers' netting as they were kicking in pre-match.

We're one hell of a bloody good and famous Football Club.

WE'RE BLACKBURN ROVERS AND WE'RE ON OUR WAY BACK!!! 

I remember that like it was yesterday darrenrover.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Bob Hatton scored a hat-trick for The Seasiders that day, I think they scored 5?

I remember Bob Hatton playing for Bolton at Ewood in the late 60's. They were losing 2-0 I think and they wanted to sub Hatton for another forward. This was in the days before holding the number up for substitutions. Hatton was waiting to take a throw on the Riverside near where I was stood when Francis Lee came over to tell him to get off. The two of them had a row about it with plenty of effing and jeffing at each other. Hatton eventually went off but not before he'd given Lee a mouthful which mentioned the facts that he wasn't the tallest man in football and his mum and dad may not have been married !

I remember thinking what a good player Lee was and within the week he'd signed for City.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Indeed Gav, '66 me v Crystal Palace.

I was 'on the pitch' following the 0-0 draw with Wrexham in the final match of '74/75, when the players appeared in Private Box A afterwards and held a placard each which spelt out Champions!

Still got all of my season tickets, see one below!

£4 for the season Waggott!

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

Just look at the names on the season ticket. Every one of them totally committed to Blackburn Rovers. What we would give to have them running our club now. Shame on the current bunch of idiots “in charge” now.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Riversider28 said:

Just look at the names on the season ticket. Every one of them totally committed to Blackburn Rovers. What we would give to have them running our club now. Shame on the current bunch of idiots “in charge” now.

Don't forget the manager Gordon Lee ....

21 hours ago, Gav said:

Last one for now - Anyone recognise the ground 1968?

ad391d8bf7b48937a2ee25164b2a35e4.jpg

Just look how classy that shirt is, even the cuffs are reversed to the sleeves, and why are long sleeved shirts not made these days ? The thing that gets my goat now is the sight of some soft arse wearing a short sleeve shirt with bloody gloves!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

Just look how classy that shirt is, even the cuffs are reversed to the sleeves, and why are long sleeved shirts not made these days ? The thing that gets my goat now is the sight of some soft arse wearing a short sleeve shirt with bloody gloves!!!

Definitely our best ever kit. Everything about it is perfect. Even  the " Puma " boots. For all the technicolour boots today they can't hold a candle to Sir Keith.

• Like 1