BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

Let's get some of the old songs rocking round Ewood and away grounds once again when we're eventually let loose.....forever-and-ever-1-fanchants-free.mp3.webloc

we-shall-not-brfc-fanchants-free.mp3.webloc we-love-you-rovers-fanchants-free.mp3.webloc

Edited by darrenrover

On 13/02/2021 at 13:29, rigger said:

To the same tune I seem to remember something like:

I walk like a chicken or a knock-kneed hen

Original was..............

I'm a bow-legged chicken, I'm a knock-kneed hen

Never been so happy since I don't know when

I walk with a wiggle and a giggle and a squawk

Doing the Tennessee wig-walk

Put your knees together..............etc.etc.

In the charts around 1960

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Whats the chances of a get-together when we are allowed back on Ewood ?

I'm on Riverside and every half time I meet up with 4 other fans near the halfway line, Uddersfelt Blue being one of them. You're welcome to join us Rigger.

Oh, I see your BBE. We'll have to meet at the fence, then like we did with a Rovers fan from Sweden once.

Edited by bazza

28 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm on Riverside and every half time I meet up with 4 other fans near the halfway line, Uddersfelt Blue being one of them. You're welcome to join us Rigger.

Oh, I see your BBE. We'll have to meet at the fence, then like we did with a Rovers fan from Sweden once.

I used to drink with Woj, a long long time ago.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bazza said:

Bazza I don't think we will be in our normal places on Ewood next season.

On 15/02/2021 at 19:01, bazza said:

Me and my pals are Riversiders too bazza, when we're let loose once more, who's gonna bring the teddy bear?!

• Like 1

Christ, it's me talking to myself again?!.

Just having a brew and a break from work, I cast a glance at The Championship League table and then had a cursory look at my favourite corner of my office.

5 points adrift and a game or two in hand? We're fecking having' this, COYB!!!BRFC.thumb.JPG.fc390255f81ac5a816dda1e6bf874d0b.JPG

WE ARE THE ROVERS!!!!

Does anybody of a certain vintage remember RATC? It was an acronym for Rovers Away Travel Club and although it pretty much bombed I remember getting my membership card. It originated at a supporters meeting with Ken Furphy and the then commercial manager Keith Cafferty. The idea was to offer subsided travel to away games and at the meeting there were lots of enthusiastic young Rovers fans (including me and several mates) who signed up to it. As I said it died a death but I remember Furphy at the meeting bouncing lots of ideas around.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Does anybody of a certain vintage remember RATC? It was an acronym for Rovers Away Travel Club and although it pretty much bombed I remember getting my membership card. It originated at a supporters meeting with Ken Furphy and the then commercial manager Keith Cafferty. The idea was to offer subsided travel to away games and at the meeting there were lots of enthusiastic young Rovers fans (including me and several mates) who signed up to it. As I said it died a death but I remember Furphy at the meeting bouncing lots of ideas around.

I just went with Ribblesdale. The RATC meant rules that had to be followed. Ribblesdale was a free for all. At Southampton our coach got bricked, the driver hit the brakes, opened the door and shouted, "get the bastards".     

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I remember that Tony. I'm pretty sure I travelled to Notts County in an end-of-season 0-0 draw as a member of RATC.

11 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I remember that Tony. I'm pretty sure I travelled to Notts County in an end-of-season 0-0 draw as a member of RATC.

You could well be right Andy. We were also at that game, perhaps even the same coach. That was the game when Roger Jones made probably the best ever save I have seen live. I also remember some Forest fans taking the piss out of my Rovers OK badge sewn on my Levi's jacket.

• Like 2