BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

11 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Some players just seems to hit it off everywhere. Who can ever forget his perfect cross that MGP volleyed in.

4DA5B306-8F78-487D-9131-731FF4854F5C.jpeg

i liked kuqi,he was an effective target man who always put 100% in,my mates dad though absolutely detested him for some reason,he called him an slow,clumsy pudding (that`s the printable version!!)

13 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rare Rovers pics on Ebay - For Sale and Wanted - BRFCS.com - By Blackburn Rovers fans, for Blackburn Rovers fans.

Thread there ^ with old Rovers pictures for sale on ebay.

This one is an absolute belter....

Ronnie-Clayton-Of-Blackburn-Rovers-Leads-The-Team-Out-OLD-FOOTBALL-PHOTO

I think that's in the first season back in the old First Division. Arsenal at home Oct 25th 1958.

Players from the bottom - Matt Woods, Mick McGrath, Ken Taylor, Harry Leyland, Ronnie Clayton.

Att 37,747. Won 4-2,  scorers - Dobing 3, MacLeod 1.

Team -

Harry Leyland.

Ken Taylor, Bill Eckersley.

Ronnie Clayton, Matt Woods, Mick McGrath.

Bryan Douglas, Peter Dobing, Tommy Johnston, Roy Vernon, Ally MacLeod.

Those were the days, it seems light years away from where we are now.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think that's in the first season back in the old First Division. Arsenal at home Oct 25th 1958.

Players from the bottom - Matt Woods, Mick McGrath, Ken Taylor, Harry Leyland, Ronnie Clayton.

Att 37,747. Won 4-2,  scorers - Dobing 3, MacLeod 1.

Team -

Harry Leyland.

Ken Taylor, Bill Eckersley.

Ronnie Clayton, Matt Woods, Mick McGrath.

Bryan Douglas, Peter Dobing, Tommy Jognston, Roy Vernon, Ally MacLeod.

Those were the days, it seems light years away from where we are now.

What was the crowd? 

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

1975, CHAMPIONS!

Note Derek Keighley in the background, his son is one of US.

I'm in the melee somewhere, can you spot yourself?.....

156825703_10208166260470499_7319940297631761798_n.jpg

I was chatting to Gordon Lee's son the other day. Gordon is still alive and well into his late 80s and itching to get on the golf course. He has very fond memories of his time at Rovers.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

1975, CHAMPIONS!

Note Derek Keighley in the background, his son is one of US.

I'm in the melee somewhere, can you spot yourself?.....

156825703_10208166260470499_7319940297631761798_n.jpg

I was on the Riverside that night. I had to leave at the final whistle to catch my last bus home.

It still irks me that Mowbray thought scenes like this weren't worth playing for and the title of " Champions " wasn't worth trying for.

I knew then he wasn't the man to lead my team into the future.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was on the Riverside that night. I had to leave at the final whistle to catch my last bus home.

It still irks me that Mowbray thought scenes like this weren't worth playing for and the title of " Champions " wasn't worth trying for.

Yep it crossed my mind then too, although to be fair it took another 12 months before I had decided for definite that he wasn't the right man.

It might have only been the third division, but unless you are one of the elite clubs, how many times do you get to see your team win a league title? It should have been pursued and cherished.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

my thoughts exactly, should have annihilated league 1 by 10/15 points,we had by far the best squad in the division,we played with the choke in though all season,i first started to have doubts when pne beat us 4-1 and we looked completely unprepared,the final straw was at huddersfield christmas 2019,bullied off the park by a limited but determined side and we did nothing to try and match them,there is nothing more annoying to a fan as lack of effort,both player and manager have been guilty of both,multiple times

• Like 2

Love this pic, you don't see many pics from this side of the ground, Infirmary in the distance also. 

Blackburn Rovers supporters queueing for tickets outside Ewood Park for the FA Cup 5th Round tie between Blackburn Rovers and Manchester City in Blackburn, England, circa February 1969

1gettyimages-1227684279-2048x2048.jpg

• Like 4