BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

15 hours ago, bazza said:

Yes. I have that book. My father owned it and I inherited it. It's a question and answer book. It's brilliant. Read about the Rovers strip through the years and then tell Jim Mk2 and others that our shirts are blue and white quarters. 😁

Make what you want of this information. Personally, I am going with halves as I have no intention of cutting my shirt open just to settle a discussion  

4174438E-74B9-40C5-94D4-7BF5E0D7D8C8.jpeg

• Like 2

On 20/03/2021 at 11:49, 47er said:

Suppose I'd been born in 2010---how on earth could my Dad have bribed me to watch us?

Where are our future fans to come from?

It can be done, my lad was born in 2010, started taking him 2015 and he loves it. Looked forward to going the games each week pre covid no matter how we were playing, comes the odd away game with me too so looks forward to seeing new grounds etc.

Getting to the point where he bangs on about formations now and where/ how certain players should play.

Of course whether he keeps this up into his teens and adult life is another question, but he's certainly made a good start.

• Like 4

On 20/03/2021 at 11:49, 47er said:

Funny you saying that. Was just thinking today when I was reading the Nostalgia thread, how lucky I was to be born and watch our great club in all those various times and divisions. The play we see on those clips and the excitement of the crowd is nothing like what we see now.

Suppose I'd been born in 2010---how on earth could my Dad have bribed me to watch us?

Where are our future fans to come from?

I totally agree with you 47er, who's currently tackling that issue (fecking nobody I suspect!)

Unlike other clubs, who have similar issues to face and endeavour to overcome, as you eluded to: We as a proud but depleted fanbase have also to consider other factors in to the equation (of a sky blue and 'Jimmy Hill' connection, nod nod, wink wink), unite and as one body, fucking see them off!

WE ARE BLACKBURN ROVERS FC    (For the oldies, ie most of us: BR, BRF, BRFC OK!!!)

FFS, Gird up your loins, keep the faith and fight the fight!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 3

On 20/03/2021 at 11:36, Exiled in Toronto said:

I’m in that picture somewhere in the DE Enclosure - got a hailstorm of coins at the end from the Villains in the Darwen End. Cracking game though.

I was on the DE enclosure that day, what a great game. Seem to remember Alan McInally warming up in front of us with what looked like a boiler suit on.

On 20/03/2021 at 09:35, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That was the only time I took my eldest son to Ewood. He’d be about 11 and he spent the whole game just looking around the ground and hardly watched the football at all.

He’s never been interested much in football.

I took his younger brother to an end of season game a few seasons later and he’s been hooked ever since.

We’re both trying really hard to maintain my grandson’s interest in the club but given the rubbish on display recently it’s not easy.

Tommy Doc (Wolves manager at the time) got some real grief in that game....'who's up Mary Brown'

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

34 years ago today was one of my happiest days as a Rover, when we defeated then first division Charlton 1-0 at Wembley to win the Full member's Cup. Nice to see Colin Hendry posting on Facebook about it today. In many ways I enjoyed that day more than Anfield 95.

Don Mackay's Blue and White Army!!!!

Great time to be supporting the Club.We outnumbered the Charlton fans nearly three to one on what was virtually their own patch...so much Northern pride on show.

Something was driving the Club on it seemed,fortunes appeared to be on the up...little did we know a certain man residing in Jersey was just getting his 'Ducks in order' down Ewood way.

Happy days.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Great time to be supporting the Club.We outnumbered the Charlton fans nearly three to one on what was virtually their own patch...so much Northern pride on show.

Something was driving the Club on it seemed,fortunes appeared to be on the up...little did we know a certain man residing in Jersey was just getting his 'Ducks in order' down Ewood way.

Happy days.

vince o`keefe the hero of the day😍

Chris Sulley couldn't believe how many fans turned up. He said. :Why don't they come every week?"

I was sitting next to a lovely oldish couple who lived in Devon, didn't follow football but originated in Blackburn. They had travelled up to London all that distance just to support the Rovers. Amazing.

I wonder where that was taken. It could be a canal somewhere. It looks too wide for a canal.

The River Stour in Constable country between Suffolk and Essex is like this. There must be lots of British rivers like this.

51 minutes ago, bazza said:

I wonder where that was taken. It could be a canal somewhere. It looks too wide for a canal.

The River Stour in Constable country between Suffolk and Essex is like this. There must be lots of British rivers like this.

The text that came with it said it was in Blackburn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonesrick said:

Dave Mackay, Bobby Moore, Alan Kelly Snr, Eamonn,  Don’t know (any ideas?), Denis Law, Geoff Hurst, Sir Keith, Roger Hunt, Fred P, Mike E.

Just can’t work out the guy between Eamonn and Denis Law.

It’s not Ronnie’s brother is it?

23 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It’s not Ronnie’s brother is it?

No, Ken didn't play again after breaking his leg in '57/'58 against Middlesbrough (I think(. I'm good mates with his son and often go to away games together,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stonesrick said:

Dave Mackay, Bobby Moore, Alan Kelly Snr, Eamonn,  Don’t know (any ideas?), Denis Law, Geoff Hurst, Sir Keith, Roger Hunt, Fred P, Mike E.

Just can’t work out the guy between Eamonn and Denis Law.

Derek Temple - ?

Edited by AllRoverAsia

20 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I think that's a great shout ARA

Great player. I really liked watching him play. Saw him a few times in my younger days on trips to Goodison with mates.

Long term memory is still functioning ok. I just forgot about last nights game!

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Great player. I really liked watching him play. Saw him a few times in my younger days on trips to Goodison with mates.

Long term memory is still functioning ok. I just forgot about last nights game!

Your lucky!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, darrenrover said:

No, Ken didn't play again after breaking his leg in '57/'58 against Middlesbrough (I think(. I'm good mates with his son and often go to away games together,

I knew Neil as a youngster, was in the same school class as Lynne

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1