BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

9 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

So glad we got to see that down at Ewood. Souness was a the perfect manager for us at that time.

I recently watched the League Cup final on YouTube as I hadn't actually seen it since the day we were there. Can't believe what a great game it actually was. The only thing I remember from the day was that most of the Spurs fans had left with 10 minutes still to play. I couldn't believe it since we were only one goal ahead and it was a close game.

Souness also let Tony Parks lead out the team. Top bloke.

The atmosphere at Ewood back then was absolutely amazing.

we were a serious pest to man utd,arsenal and liverpool under souness regime,they hated coming to ewood😂,wenger especially had complete hatred for us and bolton,i honestly think he and ferguson thought we should just jog out of the tunnel and give them 3 points

18 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

1985-1991 charlton shared selhurst park as the valley was in serious disrepair and failed it`s safety cert,the club did`nt have the money to start the repairs

1991-93 charlton moved into upton park as wimbledon took their place and shared selhurst park

93-to present supporters and business men raised enough money to repair the valley and they moved back

Thanks for clearing that up mate. 

27 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

we were a serious pest to man utd,arsenal and liverpool under souness regime,they hated coming to ewood😂,wenger especially had complete hatred for us and bolton,i honestly think he and ferguson thought we should just jog out of the tunnel and give them 3 points

Apparently that's what everyone thought we should have done at the cup final too.

38 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

£2 on the BBE eh!

If memory serves me right, YTS (Youth training schemes) paid about £27 a week at the time, apprenticeships a bit more. People say football was more affordable back then, I'm not convinced, especially for the younger supports, many who didn't have jobs.

Still 23,000 on that night, I can still see Branagan standing on the ball and Strachan curling it into the top corner......Gutted!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gav said:

Some very poor footage of the FA Cup 4th Round tie at Oxford 1985 - We drew United in the next round above.

The game was played in the knowledge that the prize was a home game against United as the draw had already been made. I was at that game - A few of us finished work at lunchtime and we drove down. It was a brilliant atmosphere in the away end. We seemed to play Oxford about 6 times that season!

Edited by oldjamfan1

48 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The game was played in the knowledge that the prize was a home game against United as the draw had already been made. I was at that game - A few of us finished work at lunchtime and we drove down. It was a brilliant atmosphere in the away end. We seemed to play Oxford about 6 times that season!

Oxford had a good side back then ojf, think they went up eventually.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2021 at 11:06, Gav said:

Still 23,000 on that night, I can still see Branagan standing on the ball and Strachan curling it into the top corner......Gutted!

Massive away support infiltrated the Riverside that night which caused concern to my 14 year old self.

Think it was Baz rather than Branagan who stood on the ball leading to the bit of quality from Strachan.

16 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Massive away support infiltrated the Riverside that night which caused concern to my 14 year old self.

Think it was Baz rather than Branagan who stood on the ball leading to the bit of quality from Strachan.

Memory not what it used to be clearly......

I remember a group United fans at the Darwen End of the Riverside, lots of trouble before and after the game, a few stabbings I seem to remember. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 17:57, simongarnerisgod said:

fantastic memories,vince o`keefe deputising for the injured terry gennoe if i remember,he was man of the match as well,30000 rovers fans and not many charlton fans☺️,loved the mackay years,he nearly got us to the promised land of the first division on a budget that was virtually non existant

In this video, at 0.30 it shows Ronnie Clayton, Dave Whelan and a person who looks like Russ Abbott. I was expecting Dougie to be with Ronnie but not so. Any ideas?