BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • J*B unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, slowmo said:

I'm not sure where to put this , but I just wanted to say how good the  brfcs site is and well done to everyone 👍 

Was looking at a few other clubs forums recently and really noticed the  difference. 

Great work 👏 

Agreed. I've tried many sites of other clubs and BRFCS is light years ahead  of all of them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I'm always on the lookout for any old Rovers clips that appear on YouTube. Just watched the following. I love the breakaway goal starting at 4:50. Duffer's goal at around 9:00 is sheer class.

Ta.  Think that's the first time I've seen that game since the day.  Remember that Duff goal well.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2021 at 16:28, SuperBrfc said:

I'm always on the lookout for any old Rovers clips that appear on YouTube. Just watched the following. I love the breakaway goal starting at 4:50. Duffer's goal at around 9:00 is sheer class.

I was there at Hillsborough that night, with my Dad & my old best mate from uni and his dad who were staunch Wednesday fans. We sat in the stand, and each time Rovers scored, my mate's dad put his head in his hands and shouted '"BUGGER!" at the top of his Yorkshire voice 🙂

Both dads long gone now, off to the football stadia in the stars, but still remembered fondly here. 

That Rovers side had some quality! I guess it was still very much the bones of the Premiership winning team, with a few new faces (Henchoz, McKinlay, Anders Andersen, Duffer). It was the spirit and attitude to the game that was such a draw for me, with a feeling that we would get something from any game we went into. We get that feeling a bit now, although there are more nerves these days, as history has taught us caution on the Rovers' front, rather than blind optimism.

Hurrah for the Rovers though! 

Where did Tim Flowers go after Rovers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

What a player that Simon Garner was, remember the game like it was yesterday.

Sadly events at Hillsborough would overshadow the day.

RIP the 96.

That afternoon was one of those that you always remember.....sadly for the wrong reasons on this occasion.

I can't remember why, but unusually on this day, I was sat in the old Nuttall Street Stand directly in front of the old press box towards The Darwen End. As Rovers were hammering Man City, news was coming out of the press box behind regarding the unfolding tragedy at Hillsborough. The Rovers performance and result that day meant nowt!

As Gav said, RIP the 96.

missed the bloody game because my dad insisted i go to work with him🥲only got a tenner for a days work as well,i did`nt speak to him all day,events rendered our silence pointless and petty when events in sheffield came through on the radio

hillsborough always did have a reputation as dangerous,leeds fans after the 87 semi final claimed it was a deathtrap,it had already failed it`s safety inspection and should`nt have been staging a match that big tbh

Unfortunately it's 97 now.

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

That afternoon was one of those that you always remember.....sadly for the wrong reasons on this occasion.

I can't remember why, but unusually on this day, I was sat in the old Nuttall Street Stand directly in front of the old press box towards The Darwen End. As Rovers were hammering Man City, news was coming out of the press box behind regarding the unfolding tragedy at Hillsborough. The Rovers performance and result that day meant nowt!

As Gav said, RIP the 96.

6 hours ago, Gav said:

What a player that Simon Garner was, remember the game like it was yesterday.

Sadly events at Hillsborough would overshadow the day.

RIP the 96.

• J*B unpinned this topic
  • J*B pinned this topic