BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

2 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Too right. Players wore Adidas in the 1958 World Cup but it wasn’t until the 1962 competition that the style of Adidas boots morphed into the more modern version and what became the ‘industry standard.’ 

I’ve recognised PUMA boots in photos of the 1958 World Cup. I don’t see and ADIDAS or PUMA boots on display there in that photo.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is there any footage floating around the net of our epic cup ties against coventry and aston villa in 1980??any info would be epic,iv`e never been able to track any down,been trying for years😫

I've never seen any sadly, but more and more old footage is coming out all the time, the Liverpool 83 game is new, so we live in hope. 

Everton away FA Cup mid 80's should be around somewhere, on an Everton season review.

Edited by Gav

1 hour ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I went to the FA Cup tie at Goodson in January 1971 and sat in their (fairly new at the time) triple decker stand down the side. Everton won 2-0.

I've been in that stand during the Premiership years when the old away end was knocked down, they put us in the top tier, nose bleed stuff.

Picture from 1986 - FA Cup 4th Round - Everton 3 Rovers 1 - Best team in the land Everton at the time under Howard. 

d84c658f5dc3e52ebefa1a0eee610228.jpg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gav said:

Everton away FA Cup mid 80's should be around somewhere, on an Everton season review.

Haven't seen it since, but I always think of our goal being a cracking headed og from van den Hauwe. But then again if it was that good maybe it would have made it onto one of those og VHSs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

I went to the FA Cup tie at Goodson in January 1971 and sat in their (fairly new at the time) triple decker stand down the side. Everton won 2-0.

I went to one a couple of years later at Goodison , lost 3-0...Was 71 that the day of Ibrox wall collapse??

11 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is there any footage floating around the net of our epic cup ties against coventry and aston villa in 1980??any info would be epic,iv`e never been able to track any down,been trying for years😫

I'd love to see those too. I don't recall the Coventry fixture being televised but the Villa replay definitely was.

There weren't too many home video recorders in 1980 and the format may have been a soon to be obsolete Betamax or V2000 which makes a YouTube upload unlikely. 

We can live in hope though. I digitise old 8mm cine film in my spare time. It would be fantastic if some silent colour footage from the terraces of say the Bryan Douglas era were ever to be unearthed. 

There will be loads of stuff like that in wardrobes and lofts around the town I bet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

I'd love to see those too. I don't recall the Coventry fixture being televised but the Villa replay definitely was.

There weren't too many home video recorders in 1980 and the format may have been a soon to be obsolete Betamax or V2000 which makes a YouTube upload unlikely. 

We can live in hope though. I digitise old 8mm cine film in my spare time. It would be fantastic if some silent colour footage from the terraces of say the Bryan Douglas era were ever to be unearthed. 

There will be loads of stuff like that in wardrobes and lofts around the town I bet.

Yes you’re right about the Villa replay.

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Me too !

I remember that too Ian. We travelled as normal on Ribblesdale Coaches and for some unfathomable reason were dropped off by the Littlewoods Pools building in Aintree and had to walk from there to Goodison Park and back. We ended up on he Gwladys Street Stand and I saw an Everton fan attacking some Rovers supporters with a broom. 

It was a real Beam Me Up Scotty moment.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic

I was on the Park End terrace for that cup game in 86, and it was the most tightly packed crowd I think I've been in. I don't remember a great deal about the game, you could barely see much of the match apart from when play was at our end. One abiding memory though was at full time as the Rovers fans tried to make their way towards the exit tunnels - the crush was frighteningly tight and it became impossible to even lift your arms up. As the crowd from left and right merged together toward the exit my mate in front of me could see that a bloke with a lit cigarette between his lips was heading straight for him, unable to remove it. Inevitably they became squashed together face to face, the hot end of the lit fag finding its target right in the middle of my mate's chin. He sported a fine burn mark under his bottom lip for the next couple of weeks, and a couple more on his chest where the burning embers had fallen down inside the front of his t-shirt. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, den said:

I would love to see footage of our 8-2 away win at Wham in 63. I know there was some because I remember the goals being shown on BBC news.

What about the 3-1 defeat a couple of days later!😉

2 games in 3 days against the same team, all that travelling, no Christmas Day with the family....... ridiculous was the cry!

These current young pups don't know they're born by comparison.

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 3

On 14/01/2022 at 16:29, Claytons Left Boot said:

I remember feeling so short changed that day. The fog was so bad we couldn't see the ball, once it went into the other half....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I remember feeling so short changed that day. The fog was so bad we couldn't see the ball, once it went into the other half....

I was 10 years old, other than an away game at Bolton and being scared to death under the bridges en route to Burnden Park, the fog at Goodison is my earliest recollection of an away day back then.

20 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I recall a game at Ewood in the Full Members cup run where the fog came down and you couldn't see the Darwen end, was it Oxford?

Thankfully we finished the game and rest is history.

• Like 1