Jump to content

Bristol City (H) - Saturday 20th June - 3pm KO


Recommended Posts

Blackburn Rovers vs Bristol City
Saturday 20th June 2020
Ewood Park (Behind Closed Doors)
15:00 Kick Off - Available on iFollow free for ST holders, £10 for non ST holders.


Wow! Finally a real match thread. It's been so long.

I guess this feels a little like a reset for everyone and every club in the division. Form out of the window, more players back fit and ready to play. So many questions to mill over before Saturday! I just can't believe that in 6 days we'll finally be seeing Rovers play again. Whilst we'll all disagree about club policy, and BCD football - lord knows we've spent 2 months disagreeing over it - it's nice to know that there'll finally be something tangible to discuss throughout this next week.

Who would you like to see play? Who do you think will thrive in the final 9 games? What do you make of the race for 6th, who grabs it, is it us?

Excited to discuss below :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love this version of Brereton 

The old badly advised excuse rears it's head again. There is a letter in circulation signed by John Williams, Tom Finn and Martin Goodman which was sent to them telling them exactly what was happening

Gutted for Brereton not getting the goal he deserved. He definitely wasn’t the only player to slip though. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Riversider28 said:

Such a shame Columbo or Miss Marple aren’t Rovers supporters. 

I may be showing my age  here but Wasn't there an early 80's private eye tv programme called Shoestring set in Bristol ,maybe he could have helped lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • K-Hod pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

I may be showing my age  here but Wasn't there an early 80's private eye tv programme called Shoestring set in Bristol ,maybe he could have helped lol

Yes, it was based in an unnamed West Country town and filmed in Bristol. Trevor Eve played the lead part. (Showing my age too ?)

Link to post
Share on other sites

                     Walton

nyambe.   Tosin.  Lenihan.   Williams

             Travis.      Davenport

rothwell.           Holtby.         Downing

                  Armstrong

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am excited for the restart to the season. I truly hope Rovers can make a big noise in the run to the playoffs, but even if they don’t, I am content just for the season to conclude.

I like the lineup already stated, Williams a shade better. Also, I’m convinced if Bennett is with Rovers next season, it’s in a greatly reduced role. 

Edited by WacoRover
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

                     Walton

nyambe.   Tosin.  Lenihan.   Williams

             Travis.      Davenport

rothwell.           Holtby.         Downing

                  Armstrong

Daveport? Is he ready? Evans is a little hard done by if Jacob starts ahead of him IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Daveport? Is he ready? Evans is a little hard done by if Jacob starts ahead of him IMO.

IMO yes he’s ready, he’s played quite abit of championship football and I’ve been watching him when he was at city in the youth set up. He also impressed me when he made his debut for us. I don’t rate Evans and he has had enough opportunities to impress. Evans is mediocre at best and if we are to move forward players like Evans need to go. Davenport , like travis, could bring a freshness to the team and is no worse than Evans and worth the gamble if you want to call it that.  We signed him to be pushing players like Evans out, give him a proper run of games and I believe he would be a far better option than Evans . Just needs a chance 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I've not been paying much attention since March. Did we extend Tosin's loan until the end of the season?

Correct. Along with Walton. Out of contract players also got an extra month through a scheme.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see how Rovers play and how well (or not) they have been looking after themselves during the pandemic.

Has Mowbray been pro-active in keeping his players focused and ready for when play resumes? Has the club been making sure players are keeping fit and sticking to strict regimes during the lockdwon?

Rovers have never looked the fittest squad under Mowbray so the layoff is unlikely to have done much good for the players.

My bet is we'll look vastly under-prepared, not right mentally, and go 2-0 down in the first 20  minutes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

It will be interesting to see how Rovers play and how well (or not) they have been looking after themselves during the pandemic.

Has Mowbray been pro-active in keeping his players focused and ready for when play resumes? Has the club been making sure players are keeping fit and sticking to strict regimes during the lockdwon?

Rovers have never looked the fittest squad under Mowbray so the layoff is unlikely to have done much good for the players.

My bet is we'll look vastly under-prepared, not right mentally, and go 2-0 down in the first 20  minutes. 

Then we come back and end up with a last minute winner. Three points, and we’re on our way.

Edited by rigger
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

                     Walton

nyambe.   Tosin.  Lenihan.   Williams

             Travis.      Davenport

rothwell.           Holtby.         Downing

                  Armstrong

I'm a fan of this.

Minus Williams, who if anyone remembers gets RIPPED APART every game he plays at Left Back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Forest will definitely get in the play offs, on the same points as Brentford, whereas Swansea are level with us on points.

Between Preston and Millwall for 6th place I think.

Millwall have a very easy run-in on paper. But mentally adept fans will know that sometimes a game against a Hull side fighting relegation towards the end of the season is harder than a game against a side in 10th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Millwall have a very easy run-in on paper. But mentally adept fans will know that sometimes a game against a Hull side fighting relegation towards the end of the season is harder than a game against a side in 10th.

Not that Hull side it isnt, without Bowen and Grosicki you really see how shit their squad is. But in general playing teams with nothing to play for can be better at this stage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm a fan of this.

Minus Williams, who if anyone remembers gets RIPPED APART every game he plays at Left Back. 

Who would you have instead of Williams. We all know he is not the answer, but who is.

Edited by rigger
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So does Bell.

I thought Bell was much improved before the season shut down. Might have had something to do with him trying to impress enough to warrant a new deal but still miles better than the dreadful Williams at LB imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.