BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

No surprise there.

Think it tells you all you need to know about the state of Rovers and our manager.

A PERMANENT number one goalkeeper with some experience and proven ability should be our number one priority.  Instead, it seems we are p1ssing about with novices from PL clubs with neither experience nor proven ability at league level.  IMO, absolutely diabolical - full stop. 

Whilst I 100% believe Mowbray isn't good enough to get us promoted I think he's operating in an almost impossible situation with our owners in regards to transfers. You simply can't ignore them when blaming people for the state of our recruitment.  

• Like 1

On 31/07/2020 at 12:00, Hannoverover said:

Little update from yesterday. Now been confirmed that Zieler and Marvin Bakalorz, plus Felipe (old defender) and Prib (current captain, midfielder) will train with the hannover reserve team and will leave the club. I would take Zieler and maybe Prib 

Zieler almost gone to Cologne on an initial loan. Apparently they are only paying half his €600 000 per year wage!

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Whilst I 100% believe Mowbray isn't good enough to get us promoted I think he's operating in an almost impossible situation with our owners in regards to transfers. You simply can't ignore them when blaming people for the state of our recruitment.  

IF, and I think it's a big IF, Mowbray is so restricted then, IMO, any manager with integrity and a degree of self respect would walk instead of continuing to take the dollar and, perhaps, mislead the fans.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IF, and I think it's a big IF, Mowbray is so restricted then, IMO, any manager with integrity and a degree of self respect would walk instead of continuing to take the dollar and, perhaps, mislead the fans.

I agree, but he knows he's about as high up the football food chain as he is going to get though doesn't he, why would he walk now? 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Wasn't the owners fault Mowbray fell out with and scapegoated Raya, sold him for peanuts, wasted the proceeds on an abysmal forward, then found securing a permanent replacement was going to be a lot more difficult than he had anticipated!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

No surprise there.

Think it tells you all you need to know about the state of Rovers and our manager.

A PERMANENT number one goalkeeper with some experience and proven ability should be our number one priority.  Instead, it seems we are p1ssing about with novices from PL clubs with neither experience nor proven ability at league level.  IMO, absolutely diabolical - full stop. 

Yes, a quality keeper is our top priority, I'd be reasonably happy if there were no major sales and we only brought in a keeper who was actually half decent.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wasn't the owners fault Mowbray fell out with and scapegoated Raya, sold him for peanuts, wasted the proceeds on an abysmal forward, then found securing a permanent replacement was going to be a lot more difficult than he had anticipated!

Was it Mowbray's fault that they dismantled a well run Premiership club? We've ended up shopping in the basement bargain bin because of them, Mowbray will always be a symptom of the disease. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Tony is guided by his pensions advisers. 

• Backroom
20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

no chance. 

Mowbray's comments was damning of him

So why did he keep playing him?

Most of us could tell throughout the season he was no good, his command of the box on crosses is decent and rarely dropped a cross but overall he’s poor 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tom said:

So why did he keep playing him?

Most of us could tell throughout the season he was no good, his command of the box on crosses is decent and rarely dropped a cross but overall he’s poor 

He had the edge of Raya in that dept which is what was needed unfortunately lacked the cat like reflexes and had similar number of clangers and concentration lapses.

That was evident early on but it looked like he'd settled in well at one point so it was odd how he went right off the boil post lockdown. 

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

Somebody explain sarcasm

Very familiar with it thanks. Didn't come across. Seemed more like he was implying they were in the bargain basement because they're shite. But tbf I had just woken up.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Another Boro rookie now

Nice lad, fit straight in, friendly agents etc etc 

wow what an ambitious forward thinking set of guys we have in charge. Warnock hunts for a proper keeper meanwhile.....

Unfortunately, the last Boro lad we signed can't get a game for love nor money.

Maybe this new guy is more of a meat and potatoes, straight up and down, Beef Wellington, don't trust the Argies, d*** in the v*****, cheddar cheese and chicken tikka masala man.

• Like 1