BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Tin hat time - in current financial climate and with shirt sponsor exercising break clause, would it really be that bad if rovers signed a shirt sponsorship deal with Venkys?

Edited by Grez
Typo

4 minutes ago, Grez said:

Tin hat time - in current financial climate and with shirt sponsor exercising break clause, would it really be that bad if rovers signed a shirt sponsorship deal with Venkys?

I would buy one - as long as 'Venky's' was followed by the word OUT.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Grez said:

Glad you asked because I was thinking that ?

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I think that’s what they call putting the cart before the horse.

Does that not mean to do things in the wrong order. Win and keep winning is the correct order. And I don’t care who provides that order.

21 minutes ago, rigger said:

Does that not mean to do things in the wrong order. Win and keep winning is the correct order. And I don’t care who provides that order.

Who plays (who is recruited, trained and selected) affects the results in matches.

34 minutes ago, rigger said:

If we win our first game and carry on winning , I don’t care who plays.

odds on tinkering tony would change the side and tactics even if we win our first five games 5-0?,i think thats part of our problem,no one knows where they are playing and what their jobs are,be nice if we did get off to a winning start though?,big ben smashes a hat trick in rovers flying start to the season

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

In regards to signings that have gone elsewhere, Morgan Fox, George Friend and Tyler Blackett are all better than any of the left backs we have, Chey Dunkley, James Chester and Grant Hall would all currently get into our team next to Lenihan,  Kieffer Moore, Lyle Taylor and Steven Fletcher would all be better than Gallagher and Brereton, Ryan Woods and Jack Colback would be useful in midfield and Kieran Sadlier looks a decent winger which is something we lack.

The vast majority of them players, we can definitely do better than and I dont think any scream out as outstanding but working in a tight economic climate, the challenge is now on to see if Mowbray can get any better.

Like I said to you yesterday is Morgan Fox any better than Bell? We put 7 past Sheffield Wednesday and he was part of that defence. 

Out of all that list the one player I would want is Ryan Woods. Very good player and would be good partner for Travis. But we were never going to get as he was always going back to Millwall as he has played Rowett twice already. 

from the players we are being linked would suggested our budget is so what bigger than we thought. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said to you yesterday is Morgan Fox any better than Bell? We put 7 past Sheffield Wednesday and he was part of that defence. 

Out of all that list the one player I would want is Ryan Woods. Very good player and would be good partner for Travis. But we were never going to get as he was always going back to Millwall as he has played Rowett twice already. 

from the players we are being linked would suggested our budget is so what bigger than we thought. 

Most transfer links end up being false. We will see how much we spend. And yes, basically every left back in the league is better than Bell.

• Like 2

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Yet you were advocating us singing a keeper on the back of a performance in a game where he conceded 5.

wasn't advocating anything Ewood. I discussed the player and the games I watched him in. Thats the problem on here that some people think you are endorsing or advocating a potential signings cos you are discussing a players we are linked with

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Most transfer links end up being false. We will see how much we spend. And yes, basically every left back in the league is better than Bell.

Transfers links happened cos clubs have an interested in the player. Yes an interested. Not thats we are deffo signing them. thats an Important difference

on Fox? So you would have liked him here?

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Liam Lindsay end up here. TM tried to sign him last summer, Stoke don’t want him, and I can’t imagine his wages are that big. Never really seen him play so I can’t comment on his ability but pretty much everyone is underperforming at Stoke, so I wouldn’t write him off just because he’s had a tough time time there. Could be a smart move. 

• Like 8

Transfers links happened cos clubs have an interested in the player. Yes an interested. Not thats we are deffo signing them. thats an Important difference

90% of transfer links are complete nonsense and are just agents putting their clients name out there to try and generate interest. Take this lad Hoffman, we've probably never even heard of him as I doubt that out European scouting network has yet reached the Isle of Wight. But he probably fancies another crack at the Championship so his agent has seen Rovers release Graham so he starts circulating our name with being interested in him, then others clubs knows that he is open to a move. 

• Like 4

on Fox? So you would have liked him here?

Not sure. Definite upgradre on the useless Bell so would have played here. My point was that the onus is now on Mowbray to find better from somewhere across Europe than a standard Championship LB like Fox.

Most transfer links are bollocks. Par for the course in the off season. Often lazy links, maybe an agent fuelled to try and get their client a club, an assumption that a player will go to a former team/manager, something totally made up, who people want to see signed etc, either way most of the players we have been linked with will have never been under consideration.

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Liam Lindsay end up here. TM tried to sign him last summer, Stoke don’t want him, and I can’t imagine his wages are that big. Never really seen him play so I can’t comment on his ability but pretty much everyone is underperforming at Stoke, so I wouldn’t write him off just because he’s had a tough time time there. Could be a smart move. 

Was that ever confirmed or just speculation? What makes you say it could be a smart move?

He made quite a number of mistakes at Stoke and at Barnsley in League 1 it was Pinnock who took all of the praise. Maybe be could build a solid partnership with Lenihan but I suspect with his lack of pace, he would need to be protected by a change of tact in terms of the way Mowbray sets us up.

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Minus £19million instead of minus £20million !!!???

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

90% of transfer links are complete nonsense and are just agents putting their clients name out there to try and generate interest. Take this lad Hoffman, we've probably never even heard of him as I doubt that out European scouting network has yet reached the Isle of Wight. But he probably fancies another crack at the Championship so his agent has seen Rovers release Graham so he starts circulating our name with being interested in him, then others clubs knows that he is open to a move. 

C'mon, be reasonable. Our European Scouting network has only had 12 months(!)

Give them 3 years. It's a slow and steady build.

• Like 7

Just now, Atko's Engine said:

I do think many of our players are vastly undervalued on this site sometimes, just like Mowbray himself is.

eg Bell is frustrating at times, but not without ability, and he was looking much improved last season until his injury.

eg Williams is an Eire international; that doesn't happen without having ability, and the manager who gave him his debut for them followed by subsequent caps in qualifying matches is one whom many on here would swap Mowbray for in a heartbeat.

eg Evans is a fulcrum of NI's success. He has his limits & has also been frustrating during his tenure, but again is a good quality player at this level and probably played his best football for us last season.

They're players other managers will want. They're not irreplaceable and should be improved upon if we are to have a realistic chance of top 6, but to suggest that we are relegation fodder if we start the season with a back 4 of Nyambe, Lenihan, Williams / Wharton & Bell, with Travis & Evans in front of them, is a bit far fetched IMO.

Evan and Travis formed a good partnership together he was missed the last few games. In my opinion he’s under-rated Evans 

• Like 5