BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

It was an anecdote related to the topic of transfers and a previous post.about false transfer rumours.

You don't need to try and create an argument about everything!

Why don't you Join a debating society? . Today's topic : Owen Coyle is a better manager than Neil Warnock - 

1 hour ago, Crimpshrine said:

It was an anecdote related to the topic of transfers and a previous post.about false transfer rumours.

You don't need to try and create an argument about everything!

Why don't you Join a debating society? . Today's topic : Owen Coyle is a better manager than Neil Warnock - Discuss.

Bit harsh, seemed to me he was saying Warnock was the smarter manager, the facts at the end of the season proved he wasn’t.

53 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Whoa, someone needs to set the record straight on Evan's, he's absolute garbage and been stealing a living at the Club during his time here. Yet he has a half decent game every few months or so and some people think he's a decent player. He only looks passable when being carried by a proper player such as Travis and like Bennett he epitomises everything that's wrong about the Club - consistently one of our highest earners yet worst performers.

And like Lowe before him we'll never do anything with him in the side. Apart from that he's all right........ 

Probably our best player this season,till he got the horrendous injury, still think O’Neil will try to sign him for Stoke.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

Lyle Taylor and Tyler Blackett two decent signings for Forest. May as well just discuss everyone else’s business in here because we aren’t doing f**k all and don’t have a pot to piss in. ?

I've rated Taylor since his wimbledon days, saw him live at Accy one evening.  Looked a class apart then and won the game with a classy finish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Whoa, someone needs to set the record straight on Evan's, he's absolute garbage and been stealing a living at the Club during his time here. Yet he has a half decent game every few months or so and some people think he's a decent player. He only looks passable when being carried by a proper player such as Travis and like Bennett he epitomises everything that's wrong about the Club - consistently one of our highest earners yet worst performers.

And like Lowe before him we'll never do anything with him in the side. Apart from that he's all right........ 

Absolutely spot on. Get rid 

• Like 1

Christ, I was just reading that article about what next for our sponsorship options and a series of thoughts occurred to me.

The pre-season match schedule starts on Saturday and we have...

No sponsor

No shirt

No season tickets

No signings

No senior goalkeeper

No budget yet (it appears)

It makes you want to add 'no hope' at the end, but it's early for that call. Has to be said though that even by the standards of the last few seasons, and even with the shadow of covid over us, this is particularly precarious. It's been a long time since we had this sort of shambles when the pre-season was getting underway, even under Venkys. Things need to start happening.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I doubt he would have won 59 caps for Northern Ireland in an era when they are doing pretty well if he really was "absolute garbage".

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Our European scouting team were in one of the dinghies filmed going into Dover. They set off from Hull and got lost. Never made it to Europe. Nixon exclusive. 

'Bit in paper'

8 hours ago, Butty said:

Lyle Taylor and Tyler Blackett two decent signings for Forest. May as well just discuss everyone else’s business in here because we aren’t doing f**k all and don’t have a pot to piss in. ?

I don't think Blackett is decent, he got destroyed by Ben Brereton at Ewood whilst he scored his only goal of the season..

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It appears to have disappeared behind a paywall?

IoBet decided we were noBet

Is the reason that Lancashire Telegraph his the story behind a firewall that someone is too embarrassed to have the story 'out there'? Strange how the local reporters don't ever ask the now ex-sponsors, kit manufacturers, corporate sponsors or any other supplier to Blackburn Rovers how they look upon our club.There's hardly a story about what the Community Trust is doing out in the community.Yes, very strange for owners that make so much of their community outreach.

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Christ, I was just reading that article about what next for our sponsorship options and a series of thoughts occurred to me.

No sponsor

No shirt

No season tickets

No signings

No senior goalkeeper

It makes you want to add 'no hope' at the end, but it's early for that call. Has to be said though that even by the standards of the last few seasons, and even with the shadow of covid over us, this is particularly precarious. It's been a long time since we had this sort of shambles when the pre-season was getting underway, even under Venkys. Things need to start happening.

I was about to post something similar.

I keep going on about this but assuming we're not going out of business imminently, I can't for the life of me understand why no effort whatsoever has been made to get supporters on board for next season. Get people signed up on DD for a nominal amount and adjust the figures upwards accordingly when it becomes clear what we can and can't do.

As things stand the Government are probably going to make a last minute decision on fans in stadiums and we're going to be left completely high and dry with zero season ticket holders or members and faced with the impossible task of having to sign ST holders up from scratch within a matter of days.

It's incompetence of the highest order from Waggott and his team imo.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

No sponsor

No shirt

No season tickets

No signings

No senior goalkeeper

No rush for anything in the pressureless Ewood vacuum.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Seems to be a ‘China thing’ rather than a ‘Rovers thing’

Yes I would imagine is a furthering of the negative stance the Chinese government have taken towards English/foreign football over the years. Not only has Chinese betting industry taken a huge hit, but government there is desperate for their own businesses to invest in the CSL league, and probably imposes strict regulations, taxes and pressures on companies that don't "comply".