BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

No rush for anything in the pressureless Ewood vacuum.

Serious lack of ambition at Ewood these days. Time soon catches up with clubs that show no ambition. I can only see a relegation battle this season...You can only tread water for so long.

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Scored a hat trick for Wigan against us in 2007, apart from that, no I don't think so.

Was that in the same game Roque scored a hat trick? 5-3 to them I think wasn’t it. Crazy game. Even though we lost it, iconic moment when Santa Cruz put the Santa hat on. Great memories. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Joe Hart signing for Spurs.

"I just want to play football" he cried on BBC Sport. Load of tosh. Hate players like that. Going to sit on the bench at Spurs now just like he was always going to end up doing, these players are ridiculously fake, it's ALL money.

Just now, JoeH said:

"I just want to play football" he cried on BBC Sport. Load of tosh. Hate players like that. Going to sit on the bench at Spurs now just like he was always going to end up doing, these players are ridiculously fake, it's ALL money.

Hart's been sussed out now, he'd never get a starting spot anywhere higher than top half Championship at best imo.

At least if the Clubs have any sense.

Sit there a Dingles second choice drawing his 30k pwk now go and do the same at Spurs and may even end up 3 rd choice.

Sums up modern era top level players it's like Tyson said about HW boxers these days - they're businessmen the business side of it always comes first.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, unsall said:

Probably our best player this season,till he got the horrendous injury, still think O’Neil will try to sign him for Stoke.

Our game against PNE was our 27th game of the season and that was just his 12th appearance of the season. Not sure how you can say he was our best player when even pre injury he missed over 55% of matches.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Yes I would imagine is a furthering of the negative stance the Chinese government have taken towards English/foreign football over the years. Not only has Chinese betting industry taken a huge hit, but government there is desperate for their own businesses to invest in the CSL league, and probably imposes strict regulations, taxes and pressures on companies that don't "comply".

Apart from a couple of state lotteries gambling is illegal on mainland China so I don't think it's anything to do with that.  Are 10bet a Chinese company? I don't think there are any.

12 minutes ago, Butty said:

Was that in the same game Roque scored a hat trick? 5-3 to them I think wasn’t it. Crazy game. Even though we lost it, iconic moment when Santa Cruz put the Santa hat on. Great memories. 

Not great memories for me! I'm from the Wigan/Standish area so I'd gotten used to seeing Rovers impose our effortless superiority in my most local away game (the Ince 3-0 being an anomaly at that stage!).

Coming from 3-0 down to 3-3 was amazing, only for a disgraceful bit of play acting from Ryan Taylor to get Emerton sent off, and at least one offside goal from Marcus Bent take away from one of the great comebacks. I don't even like seeing the Roque Santa hat thing because it reminds me of the rest of the game!

31 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Apart from a couple of state lotteries gambling is illegal on mainland China so I don't think it's anything to do with that.  Are 10bet a Chinese company? I don't think there are any.

10bet is owned by Blue Star Planet limited. 

https://www.10bet.co.uk/contactus/

Edited by chaddyrovers

6 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Not great memories for me! I'm from the Wigan/Standish area so I'd gotten used to seeing Rovers impose our effortless superiority in my most local away game (the Ince 3-0 being an anomaly at that stage!).

Coming from 3-0 down to 3-3 was amazing, only for a disgraceful bit of play acting from Ryan Taylor to get Emerton sent off, and at least one offside goal from Marcus Bent take away from one of the great comebacks. I don't even like seeing the Roque Santa hat thing because it reminds me of the rest of the game!

Don’t worry, I’ve been to Wigan away a few times and I’ve seen us pick up one solitary point in all my visits there ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheKitGuy said:

You do realise 90% of all gambling companies are registered in Malta? 

Mate of mine has worked in gambling for years, straight from school went working in a bingo hall and progressed from there, the parent company of said hall is registered there and now he’s there living the life of Riley... after a few years in the other European alternative for gambling companies... Gibraltar.

Bastard.

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Christ, I was just reading that article about what next for our sponsorship options and a series of thoughts occurred to me.

The pre-season match schedule starts on Saturday and we have...

No sponsor

No shirt

No season tickets

No signings

No senior goalkeeper

No budget yet (it appears)

It makes you want to add 'no hope' at the end, but it's early for that call. Has to be said though that even by the standards of the last few seasons, and even with the shadow of covid over us, this is particularly precarious. It's been a long time since we had this sort of shambles when the pre-season was getting underway, even under Venkys. Things need to start happening.

New season begins 3 weeks from now, not sure how it's too early for the "no hope" call. We are in critical trouble and I don't see anyone running the club who can get us out of it. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Our game against PNE was our 27th game of the season and that was just his 12th appearance of the season. Not sure how you can say he was our best player when even pre injury he missed over 55% of matches.

In my view Evans is invariably a 6 or occasionally 9/10 when we need him to be a 7 or 8/10 in every game. Aside from his injuries the inconsistency is what is uppermost in my mind.

• Like 5

Just now, arbitro said:

In my view Evans is invariably a 6 or occasionally 9/10 when we need him to be a 7 or 8/10 in every game. Aside from his injuries the inconsistency is what is uppermost in my mind.

Yep, the reason you can't  rely on him is not  because he is injury prone, it's because you can count the number of really good games he's had in eight (?) years at the Club on your fingers!

• Like 3

Evans is just your stereotypical upper mid level championship player who's runs of form usually coincide with the rest of the team hitting a purple patch. Doesn't drag the team up a level or drive it on when it's floundering he just flows up and down with it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

New season begins 3 weeks from now, not sure how it's too early for the "no hope" call. We are in critical trouble and I don't see anyone running the club who can get us out of it. 

Because technically all of these can be fixed by then...

...not looking too bloody likely though.

Bit of a round up:

Article on Kieran O'Hara, which also says current plan is for Fisher to play first pre-season game in net
https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-goalkeeper-ohara-transfer-18781064

Carabao Cup details as Rovers enter draw tomorrow alongside all Championship, League One and League Two sides
https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18655847.carabao-cup-draw-details-rovers-enter-round-one/

Some newer articles surrounding Phillip Hofmann and his proposed Rovers move
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-considering-move-for-17-goal-forward/
https://the72.co.uk/186821/blackburn-rovers-set-sights-on-ex-brentford-striker-from-karlsruher/

Tosin set to sign a new deal with Pep and be promised some form of first-team action, making Rovers loan less likely
https://www.90min.com/posts/man-city-to-offer-tosin-adarabioyo-new-contract-with-promise-of-first-team-action

Northampton have reportedly turned down a fourth bid for Charlie Goode, seemingly waiting on a Wharton update
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-reject-fourth-bid-goode-curle-insists-clubs-must-meet-his-asking-price-2940270

Everton fans react to Blackburn and Blackpool friendly news
https://everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/fans-react-blackpool-blackburn-rovers-pre-season-friendlies-confirmed/

Potential Coventry City return for Dominic Samuel
https://everton.vitalfootball.co.uk/fans-react-blackpool-blackburn-rovers-pre-season-friendlies-confirmed/

Everton to stream pre-season friendly to club members only, no Rovers announcement on streaming for any pre-season games yet
https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1753342/evertons-pre-season-friendlies-confirmed

No specific link but seeing a bunch of tweets about Jayson Leutwiler potentially joining Swindon Town too
https://www.twitter.com

Just now, JHRover said:

Will Rovers be having a training camp somewhere? I note that Stoke are in Northern Ireland and quite a few clubs have gone to Scotland.

Silly question really.

why do we need one when we are playing local teams in friendlies? 

and we have the facilities at Brockhall we have?

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why do we need one when we are playing local teams in friendlies? 

and we have the facilities at Brockhall we have?

You know Chaddy it's a wonder why all these clubs have been doing them for all these years despite some (most?) of them having the facilities themselves. Either blind tradition or something useful about going away for a time? 

Am fairly certain I've not heard you or anyone else criticise these as a waste of money prior to Rovers not doing one either... 

• Like 2