BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 hours ago, Blue blood said:

You know Chaddy it's a wonder why all these clubs have been doing them for all these years despite some (most?) of them having the facilities themselves. Either blind tradition or something useful about going away for a time? 

Am fairly certain I've not heard you or anyone else criticise these as a waste of money prior to Rovers not doing one either... 

I can understand why clubs in a normal non Covid season but this isnt the case currently which is more my point. But with such a small pre season going away for a few days isn't worth it. 

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Why do other clubs need them? I'm not a coach so I don't know but they must feel it is worth the effort.

Our pre season preparations usually see us playing catch up once the season kicks off (no opening day wins in a decade). So i think we need to approach this carefully. 

Do they really need to do in in this current Climate with a Coronavirus around? 

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can understand why clubs in a normal non Covid season but this isnt the case currently which is more my point. But with such a small pre season going away for a few days isn't worth it. 

Do they really need to do in in this current Climate with a Coronavirus around? 

What does coronavirus have to do with it? It's either good for the squad and players or isn't.

If it is in then one can be organised in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What does coronavirus have to do with it? It's either good for the squad and players or isn't.

Coronavirus has plenty to do with it. why take any risk of any players getting the virus and having to quarantine for number of days

Clubs can't go to their normal places for pre season like us going to Austria. 

Why go to Scotland that might not be covid safe? 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Coronavirus has plenty to do with it. why take any risk of any players getting the virus and having to quarantine for number of days

Chaddy.

There's a lot less risk involved if they're booking out a whole hotel and bringing the kitchen staff with.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's like saying they can't train at Brockhal because it isn't safe being in Blackburn....

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Christ they have only been off a few weeks what's the need for a training camp.

Personally I want Mowbray here getting deals done not going away to Scotland so they can have a few beers together in the evening.

Our first pre season game is on Saturday no need for them to be going away.

Plenty of reasons to be concerned over next season this is not one of them 

You have to give chaddy his due.

With less than a month to go before the season starts, we've no season tickets, on sale, no season ticket holders, no new kit, no kit sponsor, no senior goalkeeper, one first choice centre back and no first choice left back.

And he's on here applauding the fact we might not be going on a pre season training camp!

• Like 8

Just now, islander200 said:

Christ they have only been off a few weeks what's the need for a training camp.

Personally I want Mowbray here getting deals done not going away to Scotland so they can have a few beers together in the evening.

Our first pre season game is on Saturday no need for them to be going away.

Plenty of reasons to be concerned over next season this is not one of them 

The only reason for not going on training camp this week is the lack of money.  There is no other reason.Lack of money is every reason to be more than concerned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Chaddy.

There's a lot less risk involved if they're booking out a whole hotel and bringing the kitchen staff with.

less risk but the same risk as being at their own training ground.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's like saying they can't train at Brockhal because it isn't safe being in Blackburn....

Wrong. Rovers have made safe that Brockhall is covid safe after putting the work in to ensure this

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

You have to give chaddy his due.

With less than a month to go before the season starts, we've no season tickets, on sale, no season ticket holders, no new kit, no kit sponsor, no senior goalkeeper, one first choice centre back and no first choice left back.

And he's on here applauding the fact we might not be going on a pre season training camp!

I have my opinions knew on season tickets sales as I don't see the point at all in putting them on sale unless we know the government guidelines on the amount of fans going to be allow in. If a club has sold 80% of the capacity as Season Ticket holders but only allow 10 or 20% allowed to attend, how are clubs going to decide who gets to go or not? 

I'm sure the kit and sponsor will be announce in the next couple of weeks. Would I like the shirts on sale? Yes I would as I want to buy one and my step daughter has asked for me already. 

We will get a new number 1 keeper, centre back and left back before the start of season. A number of clubs are after a new number 1 keeper whether its us, Birmingham, Derby, Rotherham 

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why don't you ask Klopp who has taken Liverpool away or the multiple other Championship managers who have all done it? 

As ever, we're falling short.

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yeah but apart from this we're playing a blinder. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

The only reason for not going on training camp this week is the lack of money.  There is no other reason.Lack of money is every reason to be more than concerned.

There is absolutely no need for them to go on a training camp.They have been off for 3 weeks.

Yeah money is tight so why waste any of the little we have going on a jolly up for a few days down in Scotland?

I mean maybe it would have been beneficial if we had made a few signings and getting them integrated into the squad, team spirit etc but we have the same squad as last season and they have had 3 weeks off.

We play our first game on Saturday,they would have been at brockhall today doing tests etc, so ye wanted them to travel all the way to Scotland tomorrow,spend a couple of days there then return for a match on Saturday?Explain how in anyway that would be beneficial?

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why don't you ask Klopp who has taken Liverpool away or the multiple other Championship managers who have all done it? 

And plenty of other teams haven't gone to a training camp.

Not going on a 3 day jolly up isn't going to determine how we do this season.

The players have had 3 week off not 7 week like usual and our first pre season match is on Saturday.

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I just randomly  looked Liverpool up as well and guess where they are....... Austria, where chaddy says you can't go now! He'd better get on to Kloppy and tell him we're right and they're wrong!

There must be a reason why Clubs have always used pre season training camps, it must be judged good for morale and we've all heard the old saying "a change is as good as a rest"

In the general scheme of things this doesn't even register on the scale of our list of problems but it's just indicative of the general feeling coming out of Ewood that there's nothing going on and we're closed for business.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

There is absolutely no need for them to go on a training camp.They have been off for 3 weeks.

Yeah money is tight so why waste any of the little we have going on a jolly up for a few days down in Scotland?

I mean maybe it would have been beneficial if we had made a few signings and getting them integrated into the squad, team spirit etc but we have the same squad as last season and they have had 3 weeks off.

We play our first game on Saturday,they would have been at brockhall today doing tests etc, so ye wanted them to travel all the way to Scotland tomorrow,spend a couple of days there then return for a match on Saturday?Explain how in anyway that would be beneficial?

In the first place it is not the same squad as last season. 

In the second, even a couple of days away is a change of scenery and beneficial

In the third place, the first week back for players has been spent away at training camp for as long as I can remember under Venkys.

When did I mention Scotland? We play our first pre-season game away at Fleetwood. We don't even have to leave Lancashire to go on a training camp.Players do kind of expect it.

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

In the first place it is not the same squad as last season. 

In the second, even a couple of days away is a change of scenery and beneficial

In the third place, the first week back for players has been spent away at training camp for as long as I can remember under Venkys.

When did I mention Scotland? We play our first pre-season game away at Fleetwood. We don't even have to leave Lancashire to go on a training camp.Players do kind of expect it.

Change of scenery? They've been off for the last 3 weeks and been in 1 day...