BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Westwood an absolutely fine choice for me. Much like Marshall who I'd advocated for, he offers something we've not seen in nearly a decade between the sticks at Ewood in blue and white, experience and know-how. Easily get another year, if not two, out of Westwood, gives Fisher chance to grow and learn from a true goalkeeper.

49 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The heat maps and formations support my theory that we expect a hell of a lot of Nyambe.

That's not necessarily the case.

Take Darnell Fisher, Preston North End's starting right-back, who has a nearly identical heat-map to Nyambe - I think it's the general pace of things at higher clubs at full-back really. However in most areas Nyambe comes out on top from a data perspective, better passing (surprisingly given forward play is one of Nyambe's weaker areas), and much better at retaining possession. Those Errors Leading To Shots Against figures do make for worrying reading however, but there's an age disparity between the pair that may even that out over time.

1019543571_RYANNYAMBEvsDarnellFisher.thumb.png.241fd269e9d54cb0142db0b25f711b0c.png   1499489204_RYANNYAMBEvsDarnellFisher(1).thumb.png.b47ba028bff82ef4aed29668a8a7e15b.png

Just now, JoeH said:

Take Darnell Fisher, Preston North End's starting right-back, who has a nearly identical heat-map to Nyambe - I think it's the general pace of things at higher clubs at full-back really. However in most areas Nyambe comes out on top from a data perspective, better passing (surprisingly given forward play is one of Nyambe's weaker areas), and much better at retaining possession. Those Errors Leading To Shots Against figures do make for worrying reading however, but there's an age disparity between the pair that may even that out over time.

1019543571_RYANNYAMBEvsDarnellFisher.thumb.png.241fd269e9d54cb0142db0b25f711b0c.png   1499489204_RYANNYAMBEvsDarnellFisher(1).thumb.png.b47ba028bff82ef4aed29668a8a7e15b.png

The fact that Nyambe is a defensive full back, whilst I agree that he needs to improve going forward a lot, I feel that our main priority has to be stopping the goals leaking at the other end. So I think there will need to be compromise on this idea of having 2 full backs almost as wingers.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

One of the things that stood out to me was this... Too often he is literally the only player anywhere near the right hand side of the pitch.

0CAC51C2-DA14-41CA-8187-D6985FEFF821.jpeg

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would have rather had Marshall or Etheridge because there is a doubt that Westwood has spent too long not playing to regain that form. But its so much better than getting someone like Muric on loan.

I may be heavily influenced by seeing the lad at Carlisle (I think it's the same one?) but back then he seemed to have bags of talent and would be happy with him. Agree questions surrounding whether he can get back to what he was but in terms of talent it's most definitely there. 

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Heard a couple ‘bad apple’ labels with regards to Westwood. Will he pass Uncle Tony’s character test?

Supposedly out of favour with Monk for off-field problems but honestly Monk seems like a bit of a rotter so I feel like I'd be inclined to go against him too

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Haha, again rehashing things.

What would you make of that chaddy? Not fitting your long term criteria? 

I think an experienced keeper is the way to go.

Well if you actually look at the time both article went live online its was the same time and both papers are owned by the same company. If you actually listened to the Rovers chat podcast you will find out how he find out his info as the same goes for Rich Sharpe. 

Let's wait and see whether we can afford Westwood's wages first which will be much higher than we be able to afford. Supposedly to be 30k according some online websites. So before you get ahead of your self. We have an interest in this player so lets see if it goes anywhere. Other Championship teams struggling to bring in number 1 keeper like Birmingham, Bournemouth, Boro, Huddersfield and Rotherham all wanted keepers to be their number 1. 

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would have rather had Marshall or Etheridge because there is a doubt that Westwood has spent too long not playing to regain that form. But its so much better than getting someone like Muric on loan.

Isn't Etheridge wages 30k a week at Cardiff. Do you really think we can afford those sort of wages? 

1 minute ago, Theaxe15 said:

Supposedly out of favour with Monk for off-field problems but honestly Monk seems like a bit of a rotter so I feel like I'd be inclined to go against him too

Been going on a while, under last few managers.

The owner Chansiri is the Tuna Venkys so I believed the rumour that it was to do with triggering a contract extension.

Wages would be the big stumbling block. Loads of them on 20k+ at Hillsborough 

23 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

And no, if you have no time for other fans opinions then fair enough, just scroll past. I and others consider them a valuable source of information as to a new player in terms of how they are viewed at their previous club, of course not treating them as a sure indicator of what would happen here or an alternative to judging them in a Rovers shirt.

I never necessarily said that I am sad that we missed out on those players. Mowbray now has to go out and get better than those standard Championship defenders. Although I do doubt that he will have the resources nor the ability to find them and get them here.

I do scroll past every time you post other fans opinions. 

Hall, Fox and Chester are no better than we have got here. Fox conceded 7 goals against us and you really think he is better than we got, for example? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well if you actually look at the time both article went live online its was the same time and both papers are owned by the same company. If you actually listened to the Rovers chat podcast you will find out how he find out his info as the same goes for Rich Sharpe. 

Let's wait and see whether we can afford Westwood's wages first which will be much higher than we be able to afford. Supposedly to be 30k according some online websites. So before you get ahead of your self. We have an interest in this player so lets see if it goes anywhere. Other Championship teams struggling to bring in number 1 keeper like Birmingham, Bournemouth, Boro, Huddersfield and Rotherham all wanted keepers to be their number 1. 

Isn't Etheridge wages 30k a week at Cardiff. Do you really think we can afford those sort of wages? 

Would you be happy signing someone of Westwoods age? If it happened.

And did Fox single handedly concede those goals?! You overestimate our current players. Fox is better than the inept Bell and the other 2 are better than Derrick Williams. Hardly a glowing endorsement I admit!

I dont think we should necessarily have signed them but I am unconvinced that Mowbray has either the finance or the ability to find better.

Edited by roversfan99

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Apparently we had a 1 million transfer budget in January but Mowbray decided not to spend it(according to Rich Sharpe anyway )

1.3 million transfer budget according to Waggott's comments to the Lancashire Telegraph in February

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18218502.rovers-transfer-window-budget-targets-disappointment/

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

1.3 million transfer budget according to Waggott's comments to the Lancashire Telegraph in February

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18218502.rovers-transfer-window-budget-targets-disappointment/

Well he would, wouldn't he. He's hardly going to come out and say we haven't got a pot to pee in. The fact speak for themselves we haven't signed a player for nearly a year, clearly the tap has been turned off in Pune.

43 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

One of the things that stood out to me was this... Too often he is literally the only player anywhere near the right hand side of the pitch.

0CAC51C2-DA14-41CA-8187-D6985FEFF821.jpeg

What stood out to me is the formation in the top right being in the shape of an arrow pointing to where our weak point is!

Edited by Miker
  • Like 9

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would you be happy signing someone of Westwoods age? If it happened.

And did Fox single handedly concede those goals?! You overestimate our current players. Fox is better than the inept Bell and the other 2 are better than Derrick Williams. Hardly a glowing endorsement I admit!

I dont think we should necessarily have signed them but I am unconvinced that Mowbray has either the finance or the ability to find better.

Didn't I answered this sort of question before about Marshall age! Do you think my answer has change?

and what is that based on that Fox is better than Bell and Williams? Fox was part of the defence that conceded 7 against us. 

Well you will only know whether we signed better than Fox and Chester after the Transfer window closes

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Well he would, wouldn't he. He's hardly going to come out and say we haven't got a pot to pee in. The fact speak for themselves we haven't signed a player for nearly a year, clearly the tap has been turned off in Pune.

Has no reason to lied to the fanbase. 

No Josh Boswell and Kamy have posted we didn't have much financial room to spend before reaching FFP limits.