BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

35 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Just seen the pic on the next page. That's in 1st Class on one of the Pendelinos mate.

Jeez, what a waste of space...doesnt look like that thing could be used for anything practical. Just for leaning on whilst you admire the view I assume.

52 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

One of the things that stood out to me was this... Too often he is literally the only player anywhere near the right hand side of the pitch.

Just highlights what I have said time after time that our full backs provided the width and we don't play with natural wingers or wide players. 

11 hours ago, Stuart said:

“Mowbray feels Rovers are at a rebuilding phase”

No shit Sherlock!

Failure whitewashed and we start again. How many managers would love to be in Mowbray’s privileged position? Never gets the blame, losses covered, accountable only to himself.

The current favourite excuse in the LT comments section is now “you can’t blame Mowbray for Covid-19”. ??‍♂️ 

Tbf you really can’t .. that’s a fact

you can for everything else though..also a fact 

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Are you really so naïve? 

so old comments when people don't agree with yourself

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Just a shame that they provide so few assists. 

I shown you how many assists each full backs did last season. 

Nyambe has none. I gave my opinion on his attacking threat which isn't at the level we need

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didn't I answered this sort of question before about Marshall age! Do you think my answer has change?

and what is that based on that Fox is better than Bell and Williams? Fox was part of the defence that conceded 7 against us. 

Well you will only know whether we signed better than Fox and Chester after the Transfer window closes

Has no reason to lied to the fanbase. 

No Josh Boswell and Kamy have posted we didn't have much financial room to spend before reaching FFP limits.  

Williams and Bell are shit, weve seen that consistently over the last couple of years. I dont think they could get a move to another Championship side although id love to be proven wrong.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Just highlights what I have said time after time that our full backs provided the width and we don't play with natural wingers or wide players. 

No one has ever doubted that. What you cant grasp is that people can see that we dont play with wingers, yet feel that Mowbrays approach is the wrong one. To say that we dont play with wingers would not be up for debate, its a fact. But to say "I dont agree with the way we play" or "I think we need natural wide players who can be more effective" or "our current full backs are not suited to providing assists" are all (commonly held) opinions.

Neither full back gets assists and we have had problems getting our "wide" players to score and assist too. The likes of Gallagher, Brereton, Samuel (formerly) dont work well there, Armstrong ideally needs to be central and players like Rothwell struggle to score or assist due to a lack of quality end product. Plus it is not helping in terms of leaving the centre backs exposed. I know that we dont play with wingers

Our only competent full back is Nyambe who is a defensive full back. He and Lenihan could form half of a much tighter defence in my opinion, very much a needed one, and I would look for attacking threat from the wide areas and would love a winger or 2 there. I would also give Rankin Costello and Chapman more of a go. Brereton and Gallagher should only play centrally when they play.

Get a goalkeeper and CB with Lenihan, Evans, Travis, Dack and Armstrong and its a very good spine. Have more defensively minded full backs like Nyambe and someone like Cunningham (who can also attack but he helped us keep clean sheets) and some natural width and I think we would be much better off. My opinion. I dont think that is how we play.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

so old comments when people don't agree with yourself

If you want to believe every word that comes out of Steve Waggott's mouth then you carry on. He could say we had a budget of £100 Million it doesn't mean it's true. If we did have a budget of £1 Million it is a bloody awful show by him and Mowbray that they could find a player to improve the team and negotiate a price, as there were plenty of areas where players were and still are needed. The fact is we have not spent a single penny on a transfer fee for over a year and to me that speaks volumes about are funds or rather lack off. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I shown you how many assists each full backs did last season. 

Nyambe has none. I gave my opinion on his attacking threat which isn't at the level we need

Nyambe picked up the ball on half way, beat two men and low crossed it for Gallagher for 1-0 vs Swansea?

Edited by Angry_Pirate
Unnecessary.
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Jeez, what a waste of space...doesnt look like that thing could be used for anything practical. Just for leaning on whilst you admire the view I assume.

At the risk of being called a real train geek (I'm not btw, just had to travel down to London too many times with work) it is completely useless, but it's a light. A very dim one at that!

My god, transfer news is slow! ?

• Like 1

Westwood would be decent he fits what a lot of us would like as a no 1 here and now. Has a bit of attitude on the pitch which is needed we've had enough of the shrinking violets.

Trouble is they are the types the Mowbrays and Bowyers of this world just love to manage.  

No need to worry though the wages will frighten our mon off.

• Like 2

File Westwood in the tray with Darlow and Hart. A nice idea but practically won't happen. Not unless he halves his wages, Sheff Wed release him on a free or loan him here whilst paying 50%.

I expect Mowbray will be trying to get a deal done there to save them wages on an out of favour player. 

Notwithstanding the dingle issue with Hart all have the experience and quality we desperately need. Sadly when it is all about the money we will end up with the opposite like we did last summer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Williams and Bell are shit, weve seen that consistently over the last couple of years. I dont think they could get a move to another Championship side although id love to be proven wrong.

You enjoyed calling our players shit and both have been part of our squad that have improved league position.  

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No one has ever doubted that. What you cant grasp is that people can see that we dont play with wingers, yet feel that Mowbrays approach is the wrong one. To say that we dont play with wingers would not be up for debate, its a fact. But to say "I dont agree with the way we play" or "I think we need natural wide players who can be more effective" or "our current full backs are not suited to providing assists" are all (commonly held) opinions.

Our only competent full back is Nyambe who is a defensive full back. He and Lenihan could form half of a much tighter defence in my opinion, very much a needed one, and I would look for attacking threat from the wide areas and would love a winger or 2 there. I would also give Rankin Costello and Chapman more of a go. Brereton and Gallagher should only play centrally when they play.

I grasp what you are saying cos you keep posting weekly and repeating yourself for months about wingers. Andy Watson and @JoeH produced a very detail data analysis of potential players we could sign in the wide forward role Mowbray used. But we need a keeper and centre back in first

Nyambe is a defensive full back I agree but not ideal when you need him to assist from that position. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Westwood would be a very decent signing. Could get a couple of good years out of him and a chance to groom a number 2. Appearantly a lot of Wed supports still rate him as the best keeper in the Championship.

An experienced vocal keeper would improve the young defence as well. Probably not worth to get the hopes up..yet

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You enjoyed calling our players shit and both have been part of our squad that have improved league position.  

I grasp what you are saying cos you keep posting weekly and repeating yourself for months about wingers. Andy Watson and @JoeH produced a very detail data analysis of potential players we could sign in the wide forward role Mowbray used. But we need a keeper and centre back in first

Nyambe is a defensive full back I agree but not ideal when you need him to assist from that position. 

I dont enjoy watching sub par players because they make us as a team worse and are big contributors in us conceded over 120 goals in 2 years. By that reasoning, Walton, Brereton, Leutwiler, Mulgrew, Bennett etc were all equally important too.

The main priority for the defence is to stop conceding so many goals. Why is the main "need" for him to assist?

Lets hope the wide striker idea is knocked on the head because not only do Gallagher and co not contribute from that position (he got a measly 6 league goals, 2 in the last 2 games playing central, one at Preston central, one as a sub v Stoke central, one v Swansea from central and one when 4 up and v 10 men at Sheffield Wednesday when he had gone more central, hes a limited striker but a totally worthless wide player) but they place additional and unreasonable reliance on full backs to compensate for that, especially when our full backs are not capable of doing that.

Rather than looking for strikers who might be less ineffective as wide men, we should adopt the novel idea of signing wide men. They dont have to be like Ripley and Wilcox types, just players who want to play wide. Sign players who affect games positively there and not only is that a benefit, but we can be more conservative and solid with our use of full backs.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Me too in fairness, although reading between the lines it looks as though there's more competition for Marshall than there is for Westwood.

On the whoscored.com website the ratings for these and a couple of goalkeepers last season were :

David Raya   6.68

Christian Walton 6.63

David Marshall   6.47

Keiran Westwood     6.41

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/garry-monk-reveals-why-keiren-westwood-isnt-training-sheffield-wednesday-plus-update-sam-hutchinson-2873580%3famp

Article from June saying that when asked for more information on Westwood, Monk replied, “He has a shoulder injury… He was nursing that before all this. Speaking to the medical guys, he is coming more and more back to full health now, but In terms of his return to fitness, I think he is still a little bit of a way off that.”

If he is injured then theres no point.

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nobody has disputed that we don’t play with wingers and that our full backs provide width. You haven’t pointed out anything to anybody they didn’t already know, you have used this point as an argument as to why signing a winger would be a bad idea. Whenever anyone mentions a winger you regurgitate that line again and again as if it is and must be completely set in stone that we can’t possibly have a wide midfielder. Other people question the fact. You are so eager to form all your opinions based on what Mowbray will most likely do, he’s become infallible in your mind.

What it really highlights is that we go into games with no balance whatsoever. Nyambe is often expected to do the work of three players (see below). I know you are going to go on about his lack of goals and assists (how many corners has he ever gone up for by the way), completely ignoring the fact that he is probably the best player we have for getting us up the pitch, or the fact that he often runs the length of the pitch, overtaking whichever striker is playing in front of him while they stand around dawdling on the edge of the box. 

12FB8DD6-1662-40CF-BDCF-D5A1EEAD97A0.jpeg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

Defeated playoff finalists, who had twice defeated Fulham in the regular season.

And I didn’t even make that up.

Which gives them precisely zero points in the Championship on kick off day, I’m sure they are delighted. We also took four points off them.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Which gives them precisely zero points in the Championship on kick off day, I’m sure they are delighted. We also took four points off them.

You do know that argument cuts both ways when praising Mowbray for our "progress?"