BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Venky’s continuing to put the money in makes perfect sense!

They run a conglomerate worth upwards of 2 billion. Part of that conglomerate, and that value is their £200 odd million shareholding in BRFC.

They liquidate Rovers tomorrow, that wipes £200 million plus off the value of VH group.

We need a £10 million signing, they move some money around, send it over to Rovers account, and in a month or two convert it to an extra 10 million shares. They lose nothing.

Obviously in real terms the club is not worth north of £200 million, but it has that value to them. This isn’t food off their plates, rollers out of their garages or the chains of Balaji’s neck. It’s certainly not altruism either. It’s common sense for billionaires.

That said, it can’t carry on indefinitely... and then being able to find an exit strategy that doesn’t cost them seems impossibly far away. God knows when, why or how breaking point will arrive.

Maybe you’ve solved it! Makes sense and would explain why they pump shit loads of money into something they don’t care about.

Dont know if this is of interest to anyone but it shows the goals for and against with various players playing. Obviously flawed because many players may not have played that many games, but those who play every week will be if anything of less value as they will be average.

Stand out for me is Cunningham and how good he is for our defensive record. Nothing we didnt know but would love him back. Lenihan important in that regard too. Brereton bringing in some Kevin Keegan style football at both ends.

Sheffield Wednesday despite his mistakes concede much less with Westwood than with Wildsmith and presumably Dawson.

Stoke concede plenty and Lindsay doesmt come off well. More solid with Chester in the team.

20200821_001648.jpg

20200821_001716.jpg

20200821_001737.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

They run a conglomerate worth upwards of 2 billion. Part of that conglomerate, and that value is their £200 odd million shareholding in BRFC.

They liquidate Rovers tomorrow, that wipes £200 million plus off the value of VH group.

We need a £10 million signing, they move some money around, send it over to Rovers account, and in a month or two convert it to an extra 10 million shares. They lose nothing.

Obviously in real terms the club is not worth north of £200 million, but it has that value to them. This isn’t food off their plates, rollers out of their garages or the chains of Balaji’s neck. It’s certainly not altruism either. It’s common sense for billionaires.

That said, it can’t carry on indefinitely... and then being able to find an exit strategy that doesn’t cost them seems impossibly far away. God knows when, why or how breaking point will arrive.

I'm not a money guy - so I just texted my friend, who's a Financial Director. He couldn't explain why they'd continue throwing money at it either: "it might be worth £200m on a balance sheet, but that's not a reason to continue throwing money at it" were his exact words. 

Their ownership of the club is just.... baffling. Either they have F you money, or they pretend to have F you money and eventually this house of cards comes crashing down. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s a weird set up. Always has been...I don’t know how much autonomy Mowbray has but bearing in mind they’ve backed him with roughly £15m in fees and not sold any of the Crown Jewels other than Raya and that was defo Mowbrays decision - I’d say he’s pretty well I’m there, wouldn’t you? 

Do you genuinely have the inside track at the club? 

43 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

That’s it though....weirdly they don’t just pay the bills. They’ve given the manager money to spend and invested in the Cat A academy...why bother? Why not just pay the basics and keep the lights on? I don’t know the answers btw 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Without going back over what went on with those who shall not be named it’s quite clear to anyone with a bit of sense that V’s were sold a pup. Lots of bad decisions and political agendas later we’re still in the shit (and most of it is V’s fault) BUT one things for sure EVERY single time they need to put their hands in their pocket they do....speak to some of those directors if you can. Based on what I’ve heard I’ll guess they’ll prob say, absolutely mental set up but in fairness, they never refuse to pay...

Thats why you have Sharpe and Crooke saying in spite of COVid, ffp, no sponsors, no season tickets etc...that Waggot and Mowbray and then club’ seem “relaxed” about the money....that’s because they all talk about the fact that the owners WILL pay when it comes to the crunch 

Bowyer did an interview after he left Rovers. He stated he was forced to sell Gestede by the owners and then the day after was told he had to achieve the play-offs. I don't for a minute buy the fact they always cough up the money when asked by managers. 

As for paying the bills, if they didn't they wouldn't have a club. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'm not a money guy - so I just texted my friend, who's a Financial Director. He couldn't explain why they'd continue throwing money at it either: "it might be worth £200m on a balance sheet, but that's not a reason to continue throwing money at it" were his exact words. 

Their ownership of the club is just.... baffling. Either they have F you money, or they pretend to have F you money and eventually this house of cards comes crashing down. 

But if they stop throwing money at it, it ceases to be worth anything on a balance sheet as we cease to function. I think they are in too deep to cut their losses, but not deep enough to have to!

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

But if they stop throwing money at it, it ceases to be worth anything on a balance sheet as we cease to function. I think they are in too deep to cut their losses, but not deep enough to have to!

I'd imagine that's exactly why they do it. They'd also make every penny back after a couple of seasons in the Prem. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'd imagine that's exactly why they do it. They'd also make every penny back after a couple of seasons in the Prem. 

Yep, that is the one exit strategy. You’d think there would be a bit more urgency 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Ahhh, I see it’s been confirmed by the LET and Sheffield examiner that we’ve made inquiries for Westwood. Odd considering ‘it’s obvious’ that Mowbray doesn’t know his budget!? ???

But no offer which would tend to indicate he's not within our 'budget" whatever it may be. 

We could 'enquire" about Lionel Messi but I doubt we'd get very far!

If we had an adequate budget to land the players we wanted you'd imagine the first time we'd be hearing about it would be after they'd signed.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

• Backroom
5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Jeez, what a waste of space...doesnt look like that thing could be used for anything practical. Just for leaning on whilst you admire the view I assume.

Bruce, forgive me but I need to ask.

Did you think the white thing was a large futuristic leaning spot with the brown being the floor?

I wish it was but Its a lamp, a small lamp, on a table

9ezMQnoCLTJVXzH_mt6CsFvPGhP9FUCvZAUK3qDP

• Like 2

Just now, Tom said:

Bruce, forgive me but I need to ask.

Did you think the white thing was a large futuristic leaning spot with the brown being the floor?

I wish it was but Its a lamp, a small lamp, on a table

9ezMQnoCLTJVXzH_mt6CsFvPGhP9FUCvZAUK3qDP

Hah, that makes way more sense now ? Feel daft now but yeh the angle etc made me think it was a huge window with some weird leaning spot. Hey I don't know how the upper classes live, fine sitting on the economy class with the scum ;)

• Like 2

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Hah, that makes way more sense now ? Feel daft now but yeh the angle etc made me think it was a huge window with some weird leaning spot. Hey I don't know how the upper classes live, fine sitting on the economy class with the scum ;)

Brill 

Funnily enough I once bumped into Steve Waggott on one of those trains, he was in standard class, on the first off peak out of London, had the same idea as me and saved a few quid!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Don't know if it's just me or not but that explanation still doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever unless they're worth way way more than £2 billion, I'd suggest that a loss making liability that on paper formed as much as 10% of your net worth would be a massive concern.

If it formed a far smaller percentage of your business empire, maybe not quite so much.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Traviscon said:

Maybe there's the option to drop the offer to Downing who doesn't seem interested, to give Westwood a decent wage (less than the reported 30k he's on). It's what I'd do if I was Mowbray. 

That would be the logical thing to do. Downing was good prelockdown but there is no guarantee he will be as good due to being a year older. We also have more depth in midfield so can get by without him. I would definitely trade him in for a goalkeeper of Westwoods experience for a couple of seasons.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I really can't see how this explains anything. They know the real value of the shares, they know the money is gone and so does everybody else.  

The balance sheet may reference the £2 million pounds spent on shares but, surely, their accountants will be pointing to the fact that these are losses for the company.  

If they know they will eventually have to sell up or liquidate and accept that the money has gone, why not do it as soon as possible to prevent further losses? 

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Ahhh, I see it’s been confirmed by the LET and Sheffield examiner that we’ve made inquiries for Westwood. Odd considering ‘it’s obvious’ that Mowbray doesn’t know his budget!? ???

This is the kind of chutzpah that can come back and bite. Let’s see if this actually goes anywhere before throwing emojis around.

Our approach to SW could well be a question of how much Westwood is likely to cost. Then a value negotiated and then Rovers will have to put this in front of Venkys for sign-off as part of the entire budget requirements.

Of course, you could be right that they have already signed this off but the tickets and shirts should also be moving along too, and it also contradicts the info that Kamy has. Someone with a very good reputation on here.

I actually hope your intel is good on this one because Westwood is exactly what we need at this time.

Don't know full fixture list but just found out who we've got first day, a tough fixture.

Full list is out at 9am for anyone who still has any kind of excitement about the season!

37 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I really can't see how this explains anything. They know the real value of the shares, they know the money is gone and so does everybody else.  

The balance sheet may reference the £2 million pounds spent on shares but, surely, their accountants will be pointing to the fact that these are losses for the company.  

If they know they will eventually have to sell up or liquidate and accept that the money has gone, why not do it as soon as possible to prevent further losses? 

I think they are clinging on to the hope that they can recoup their outlay. Get promoted and they can. That and pigheadedness.

I feel perhaps too much is being put on this idea that Venkys haven't sold any assets since 2017 and that suggests that they care etc.

First off you need a serious bid before selling anyone. With the exception of the Lenihan Sheffield United interest in 2017 when they were a Championship club and not a wealthy one at that i don't recall any serious reports of interest in our players. The Dack stuff in the Sun/Mirror little more than space filler.

They obviously like and trust Mowbray so if he advises them to hold firm for now with the promise of bigger money down the line they are likely to go with that.

We sold Raya last summer which was an asset as soon as Brentford came calling. We are led to believe that it was because Mowbray was happy to be rid but financially that money effectively covered the payment on Gallagher. So maybe last summer there was no transfer cash without sales first?

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Grow up. You should be able to see past your anger and hatred. No rovers fan in the world confines what they’ve done. But they have paid every single bill...

And yet we are nearly £200m in debt.

It would be possible to let go of the anger, distrust and fear if they were no longer here. As it is, we are wedded to our kidnappers and not all of us have Stockholm Syndrome. I could actually think of a worse hyperbolic metaphor but in the interests of taste and decency I’ll refrain.

Until they go you are pissing up the wrong tree with these kinds of posts.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Don't know full fixture list but just found out who we've got first day, a tough fixture.

Full list is out at 9am for anyone who still has any kind of excitement about the season!

Who've we got?

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Tough game for Rovers first match.

Football.

• Like 1