BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12361279/gent-igor-plastun-stitches-penis-horror-injury/

BELGIAN league star Igor Plastun needed stitches in his PENIS after being kneed in the groin by his own teammate.

The Gent defender was left doubled up in agony after colliding with keeper Thomas Kaminski as they attempted to deal with a cross.

I doubt that our defenders will be too happy...

Just now, roversfan99 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12361279/gent-igor-plastun-stitches-penis-horror-injury/

BELGIAN league star Igor Plastun needed stitches in his PENIS after being kneed in the groin by his own teammate.

The Gent defender was left doubled up in agony after colliding with keeper Thomas Kaminski as they attempted to deal with a cross.

A knee in the groin is just what a few of them need.

• Like 4

"The Ukraine international was substituted before Gent medics sewed up his manhood by the side of the field."

ouch ?

• Like 2

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors

If you arrive in England from Andorra, The Bahamas or Belgium after 4am 8 August you will need to self-isolate.

So wouldnt be able to train until the week before the season.

Keepers train separately anyway. I don’t see that as necessarily a problem. He could dial into any sessions where defenders and keeper work on tactics. (Although based on last season I’m not sure we have any!)

I’ve never heard of the guy so I’m hoping @JoeH will come up with some encouraging stats and comparisons to previous keepers. :tu: 

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Keepers train separately anyway. I don’t see that as necessarily a problem. He could dial into any sessions where defenders and keeper work on tactics. (Although based on last season I’m not sure we have any!)

I’ve never heard of the guy so I’m hoping @JoeH will come up with some encouraging stats and comparisons to previous keepers. :tu: 

Its probably best to keep him away from injuring anyone as he did last week!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Here are his appearances and clean sheets from.last season

Screenshot_20200821-110646_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Its probably best to keep him away from injuring anyone as he did last week!

Bloody hell it was only last week? Wonder if that's why they're selling...I'd be wary working in front of the lad now if I were one of the other defenders! ?

• Like 1

Sounds like he might be a decent punt this lad.

Kneeing people in the gnads, i'm sure there'll be a song for him soon ?

As for the timing well if they string it out long enough they won't have to start him on the payroll till next month. That appeals to the loons money men apparently.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Sounds like he might be a decent punt this lad.

Kneeing people in the gnads, i'm sure there'll be a song for him soon ?

Or has a decent punt on him at least.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

On the Westwood link (if that's was ever real) there's a lot of talk about compromise on wages scuppering it. Might be true, but perhaps length of contract is going to be an important factor. Clearly he's not going to get anything like the same terms once his contract expires in 12 months, but 2 years at Rovers on a decent wedge (albeit much lower than the 30k he's on) could make a deal much more attractive. 

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Simply put, the data shows that this is an incredible deal if Sharpe is right with a 6-figure offer. If this comes off I'd be mightily impressed. 10 Europa League games for Kaminski last year, as well as incredibly better stats than Christian Walton. His save percentage would put him in the top five keepers in our division, his passing is much better amongst other stats.

He's 6ft 3" tall, 27-years old.

121815468_ThomasKaminski.thumb.png.a5993001433827c58c30f5f3dba9ad45.png

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

"The way we play under Mowbray" can you please stop saying this. A lot of people dont think that Mowbrays way works 100%. His full backs have never really scored or assisted during his time here and we have always been reliant on central players to get us goals. Graham, Dack, Armstrong when he moved central and Mulgrew. Wide striker potential targets? No thanks. 2 full backs who dont offer much going forward asked to provide the width with strikers on the wings? No thanks. Do you think we should play with 2 attacking full backs (that would need to be signed first because they arent here) and 2 strikers out wide? I suspect another "ive told you before!" answer will greet this question and you will again dodge giving your own opinion and repeat that Mowbray needs attacking full backs as he doesnt play with wingers which we know.

Mine is that Nyambe DOES need to improve going forward, but his main priority should be being part of a defence that concedes less, with a natural wide player in front of him providing width rather than another season of Gallagher there.

Hard to see anyone taking such a big pay cut. Whether we pretend that we would not be willing to do nothing at work for twice the money or not. Any compromise could come around a 2 year deal, or even a golden handshake fron Wednesday. So he would still get the same money.

Did you ever complain about playing Armstrong or Antonsson on the wing cos they were both strikers by trade?

So you agree with me that Nyambe does need to improve going forward? 

I mention the wages of Westwood being a problem as soon as we were linked with him. Does he want to play regular at some level or happy to collect his wages and leave next summer when his contract is up, thats the question for himself

Just now, JoeH said:

Simply put, the data shows that this is an incredible deal if Sharpe is right with a 6-figure offer. If this comes off I'd be mightily impressed. 10 Europa League games for Kaminski last year, as well as incredibly better stats than Christian Walton. His save percentage would put him in the top five keepers in our division, his passing is much better amongst other stats.

He's 6ft 3" tall, 27-years old.

121815468_ThomasKaminski.thumb.png.a5993001433827c58c30f5f3dba9ad45.png

I bet it is easier being in goal for Gent than it is Rovers though.

How many shots did they face per game? I'd imagine Walton got more at him, ergo more room for error