BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

15 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Sky have just reported that west Brom are closing in on him. Claims that the lure of prem football has beaten off other competitors.

:(

however Sharpe, despite confirming the West Brom interest, seems to believe there is still a chance. Can’t see it though 

The lure of watching premier league football.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, alex l said:

He blocked me when I wasn't even winding him up.

He tweeted the Sunderland takeover had fallen through and literally within a few hours it was announced as completed, so I commented that he needed new sources in the north east. 

Hmmmm. Strange really because even though his scoops are usually wrong, I enjoyed them. 

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Kipre would be a great signing. The type of player who we have needed for years and would certainly have me feeling much more optimistic about the new season. Be great if we could get Williams out the door as well and even better if we could get a decent fee. I always thought he was a decent full back certainly better than Bell, but regardless of what Williams says he is not and never will be centre half.

If we can get Kipre through the door, I'd say that leaves us needing probably 4 more. Another centre back, a left back, a central midfielder and another attacking option. I do still worry about the right back position as well because Nyambe picks up far too many knocks for my liking.

Regarding Nyambe's injuries lots of quick players  are prone to muscle injuries unfortunately.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Shall we just all agree: that Kipre is a bit shit  - Why would we want to take a relegated CB anyway...

Pie eating bstard etc etc 

And save our selves the grief...

That's the spirit! And there's been a big jump today in Covid cases so we're all going to die soon anyway?

• Like 1

I am not too disappointed if we loose out on Kipre in particular, it's more the thing that we seemed to have gone far the line with this deal. Since the market seems a bit difficult these days. also it is a promising player with a fair price tag. Shame to lose out when it seems that we are close. And it is domestic transfer, so need to worry about quarantine because of Covid-19. Buuut I guess there are other fish in the sea..

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The money in football is mental anyway. If someone offered me double but said I'd play cup games only and be cover I'd say thanks but no thanks.

I've always felt I'd be the same if I was already making pretty silly money. Especially young, when you can vanish or lose progress opportunities if you don't play. But I'll never know if I really would hold out, and history shows players frequently just follow the immediate money. Some exceptions of course.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I've always felt I'd be the same if I was already making pretty silly money. Especially young, when you can vanish or lose progress opportunities if you don't play. But I'll never know if I really would hold out, and history shows players frequently just follow the immediate money. Some exceptions of course.

I'm sure it's very difficult to say no to the lifestyle.