2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

West Bromwich Albion. How have we got to a position where we are less appealing than West Bromwich Albion? I've been to West Brom, there is nothing there. There is nothing in their town there is nothing in their trophy cabinet. They are a poxy yo yo team who will never go anywhere. We are Blackburn fucking Rovers for fuck sake, pride of Lancashire, rich history, ex Premier League Champions. 

Stop being ridiculous Cedric and come and play for the biggest and best club in Lancashire. 

But also, be prepared to play on the wing or potentially in goal. 

I had this realisation earlier when I saw Rich's article. It really hit home how far we have fallen that we can't even beat West Brom to a signing. Even more so, how disappointed I am that we won't be signing a defender from Wigan!

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do we know there is no urgency? 3 years ago.. Back 4 v Southend 2017 Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams,    All 4 players still at the club and 3 nailed on to start ag

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historic

Don't take it personally. He might have had a drink. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

I had this realisation earlier when I saw Rich's article. It really hit home how far we have fallen that we can't even beat West Brom to a signing. Even more so, how disappointed I am that we won't be signing a defender from Wigan!

Ever since we became a Championship side, it should never be a surprise that we lose out on signings to a Premier League team. If Solihull Motors were suddenly plonked into the Prem, they'd likely be able to beat us to Kipre too. It's got nothing to do with who is the more prestigious institution, and everything to do with who has more money and plays in the top flight right now.

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

The thing is Kipre the footballer holds the key ... if he wants to come to Rovers then there’s nothing the agent can do ... 

I find it amazing that a player of his calibre and with that price tag is still unsigned by any championship club never mind the PL 

The likes of Swansea going for Williams when this guys on the market shelf .. Astonishing....

Why did you have to post that, Swansea will be after him now.

7 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

West Bromwich Albion. How have we got to a position where we are less appealing than West Bromwich Albion? I've been to West Brom, there is nothing there. There is nothing in their town there is nothing in their trophy cabinet. They are a poxy yo yo team who will never go anywhere. We are Blackburn fucking Rovers for fuck sake, pride of Lancashire, rich history, ex Premier League Champions. 

Stop being ridiculous Cedric and come and play for the biggest and best club in Lancashire. 

But also, be prepared to play on the wing or potentially in goal. 

I’m pretty sure most West Brom players don’t live in West Bromwich in the same way that most of our players don’t live in Blackburn.

1 minute ago, Ruaney said:

Shows how far we’ve fallen. Fans (including myself) excited about a 900k signing of a centre back. Then beaten to it by West Brom. Ultimate yo yo club with no trophys. Oh well. Nice to have some optimism, even if only for a few hours. And poor old Rich Sharpe. Finally with some transfer info ahead of the game. And then all for nothing.

30 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

WBA essentially offering double the wages Rovers are able to offer so Kipré can sit on the bench calling himself a Premier League footballer and looks like the lad is going to to for it.

Shows all that is wrong with a modern day footballer.

If he is willing to sit on the bench rather than play, has he got the mentality that we want at the Rovers.

2 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Shows how far we’ve fallen. Fans (including myself) excited about a 900k signing of a centre back. Then beaten to it by West Brom. Ultimate yo yo club with no trophys. Oh well. Nice to have some optimism, even if only for a few hours. And poor old Rich Sharpe. Finally with some transfer info ahead of the game. And then all for nothing.

...apart from five FA Cups won in five different decades, league championship, league cup and charity shield. 

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historical football club of similar ilk to Blackburn Rovers... oh and they are in the Premier League.

Some serious football illiteracy if you think  West Brom are a ‘nothing club’.

Should I use a special colour or something when being sarcastic? 

31 minutes ago, bringdunnback said:

Bit unfair to knock the lad for doubling his wages and playing in the Prem.

I'd look at Ajayi and Bartley and think, I can take one of their spots.... 

But does Bilic think that?

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Should I use a special colour or something when being sarcastic? 

Were you? Didn’t sound like it or the other posters saying similar things straight after.

Glad to hear you didn’t mean it anyway.

25 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Shows all that is wrong with a modern day footballer.

Bit harsh. He's got the choice of a mid-table Championship team or a side that's now in the Premier League. Even if he starts the season on the bench there, all it takes is an injury, suspension or one of the starting CBs in poor form, and he'd be in. Do alright and all of a sudden you're a regular in the Premier League.

I know where I'd go if I were him (and had no affiliation to Rovers obviously).

8 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Hearing Rovers have enquired for 6-5 Naby Sarr !! No idea what he’s like ... 

looks like they moved on or maybe he was the second defender ... 

540678_med__20190112190348_naby_sarr.jpg

Decent player. Left footed aswell so would offer some balance to the backline. If we managed to get him and Kipre I would be very happy.

The word from West Brom is that they still haven’t made a formal bid as they still have eyes on other targets. 

Edited by TruRover
5 minutes ago, rigger said:

If he is willing to sit on the bench rather than play, has he got the mentality that we want at the Rovers.

And yet TM gets slaughtered by many for losing out on Bauer for apparently not promising him first team football.