BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

10 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Very strange for Sharpe to advertise to other interested parties that we were in advanced talks. Why not wait until it was signed and sealed. Maybe give impression that we were buying when we weren’t but why would they do that? No season tickets sales to worry about yet. All rather confusing.

Do you really believe an article in the Lancashire evening telegraph stating we were close to Kipre's signing pushed West Brom into a move?

It's been no secret anyone at Wigan is available for bargain prices.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Very strange for Sharpe to advertise to other interested parties that we were in advanced talks. Why not wait until it was signed and sealed. Maybe give impression that we were buying when we weren’t but why would they do that? No season tickets sales to worry about yet. All rather confusing.

I don't think it matters what a local journo writes. Any modern agent would be hawking his client out to every club to get as much money as possible. There is so much underhanded discussion going on, that I can't imagine any club wrapping up any signing without another interested party knowing.

• Like 1

We've seen how the snowball effect works with transfers both in and out. I've long criticised the Telegraph for spreading rumours about our prized assets which seem to be based on little other than national tabloid or twitter gossip but then spread to bigger stories.

But this time around I'm sure someone at the club will have had a word with Sharpe and confirmed the Kipre deal. I dont believe that the Telegraph story will have suddenly made Bilic put a bid in for him. But i do wonder who at Rovers will have fed Sharpe that info and why they allowed him to release it when they did.

We know from experience that Sharpe will only run with these sort of stories if Rovers give it to him or give him the go ahead. So why would they do that this time if the deal was still to be done?

"CSKA Moscow could soon part ways with Slovenian midfielder Jaka Bijol. The 21-year-old midfielder could move to English club “Blackburn”, indicating his interest in the player.

Information about Billiol's possible transfer to the club from the misty Albion was confirmed by the player's agent, Robert Chibezh: “There is indeed interest in Billiol from Blackburn. However, we also continue working in other areas. There is interest in the player from other clubs, we are with and communicate with them. "

Billol has been playing for CSKA since 2018. Last season, he spent 25 games for the “army team”, becoming the scorer of a goal. He also has six appearances for the Slovenian national team.

Blackburn plays in the second strongest league in England - the Championship"

I think the disappointment with Kipre for me is the genuine surprise a premier league club has come in for him. He could be capable. But it's a massive leap. And you'd expect a premier league club to be after someone with a little more experience. 

Prior to the West Brom interest I would have been more worried about a championship team with a bit more financial clout than us beating us to him. The disappointment is that he would have been a great signing for us, but a little underwhelming for the club he's going too. A bit of a low risk gamble rather than someone who would have been topping their wanted list.

Edited by ben_the_beast
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I didn't think our income was 'poor'. I thought it was competitive. Not big but certainly no reason why it should be lower than many others in this league.

I've been over many times that these owners are at least in part responsible for our income levels due to their mismanagement and neglect, which includes years of not taking commercial and sponsorship seriously and allowing thousands of fans to become alienated.

So I suppose in a way I accept things aren't great, but I don't believe that is natural but rather created by poor management and shouldn't be an excuse. It isn't that this club cannot compete at this level as history shows we can. It continues today with us being one of a small number not to sell tickets.

Either way for whatever reason Venkys appear comfortable pumping £15 million a year in. Whether you like that or not or want it to continue or not as long as it does this club can compete in the Championship. 

I find it ludicrous that anyone would argue 'we can't compete' whilst surrounded by Barnsley, Wycombe and Luton and owned by billionaires

Yeh I wasn't meaning to put words in your mouth that our income was poor, that's my assessment. Someone else posted figures to that end earlier. We had about half the mean average.

Absolutely we are in this position due to bad management, from the top down, over a long period. Only a fanatical few on this board will dispute that. The defence situation should have been all but sorted last summer for one thing.

Of course historically and with proper management there wouldn't be a club in this league we don't hold a candle to. Unfortunately we currently wee with the willy we've got.

We can piss on the likes of Barnsley, Wycombe and Luton with that willy, but they're firmly in the 'little boys' category in this league. What we can't compete with for sure is a newly promoted Prem team. In this league there are a clutch of sides who can probably, currently, afford to surpass our wage offerings. We need to box clever as the budget is limited and we need a LOT of improvements. Huge summer for us and TM and surely even Venkys will have to reconsider his position if we fail to go up or at least hit playoffs. Personally I'd have fired him ages ago.

• Like 2

Would seem strange. Slovenian international central midfielder who is contracted at CSKA and presumably not available on the cheap, nor in a priority position.

Big, tall central midfielder from the looks of it.

Suppose the last time we were linked with a random foreign player in a foreign publication, it was Kaminski and he signed not long after.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think the disappointment with Kipre for me is the genuine surprise a premier league club has come in for him. He could be capable. But it's a massive leap. And you'd expect a premier league club to be after someone with a little more experience. 

Prior to the West Brom interest I would have been more worried about a championship team with a bit more financial clout than us beating us to him. The disappointment is that he would have been a great signing for us, but a little underwhelming for the club he's going too. A bit of a low risk gamble rather than someone who would have been topping their wanted list.

Think of the irony when we pass each other at the end of next season

6 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Regarding the fee, Transfermrkt had Kaminski at 2.5m euros - same as Bijol. I believe we got Kaminski for around a fifth of that value.

?

I wouldn't pay any attention to the values on Transfermrkt. 

I'm sure they've got Lenihan as being worth 1.4m and Armstrong well under 4m.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

If he doesn't push a story, the LET get crucified for not reporting when is happening and get labelled as unknowledgeable or under the club's control. Publish and it's a case they're advertising so another club gets the player or its pushing a player out. They can't win. I'm sure Kipre's agent alerted other clubs before the LET put the article out. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, alex l said:

I'm sure Kipre's agent alerted other clubs before the LET put the article out. 

Exactly this. His agent isn't doing his job if he isn't getting as much interest as possible to drive his salary up. You'd expect the administrator would be keen to alert as many clubs as possible as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah, it bites a bit being so close but what is there to moan about here really? Another club came in for him that happens to be a league higher that can offer more money. I do think the Sharpe article didnt help matters - got everyone excited that we are spending money on a defender for the first time this generation. 

I recall us nearly signing Roy Keane only for Utd to scupper the desk at the last minute. These things happen in football.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But this time around I'm sure someone at the club will have had a word with Sharpe and confirmed the Kipre deal. I dont believe that the Telegraph story will have suddenly made Bilic put a bid in for him. But i do wonder who at Rovers will have fed Sharpe that info and why they allowed him to release it when they did.

Do you not think his Agent has leaked the info to WBA thats Rovers have agreed a fee for his player and we are discussing personal terms? So if they want him bid now

33 minutes ago, Swanson said:

"CSKA Moscow could soon part ways with Slovenian midfielder Jaka Bijol. The 21-year-old midfielder could move to English club “Blackburn”, indicating his interest in the player.

Information about Billiol's possible transfer to the club from the misty Albion was confirmed by the player's agent, Robert Chibezh: “There is indeed interest in Billiol from Blackburn. However, we also continue working in other areas. There is interest in the player from other clubs, we are with and communicate with them. "

Billol has been playing for CSKA since 2018. Last season, he spent 25 games for the “army team”, becoming the scorer of a goal. He also has six appearances for the Slovenian national team.

Blackburn plays in the second strongest league in England - the Championship"

anyone know what type of midfield Bijol is?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Do you not think his Agent has leaked the info to WBA thats Rovers have agreed a fee for his player and we are discussing personal terms? 

Probably yes. That would be normal of an agent to do.

I was questioning who at Rovers told Sharpe about it and why when the deal wasn't over the line.

1 hour ago, Bohinen 22 said:

I felt that initially too but i doubt it made a difference. His agent wouldn't have been doing his job if he had not made sure that other clubs were notified that Wigan were accepting lower bids.