BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's now a Prem player with Fulham on about 4 times more than he would have been at Rovers. He must be gutted he moved back down south. 

Yeah, don’t think people realise how much Fulham can pay players, their owner is mega rich and unfortunately Rovers can’t compete with them, regardless of what some of our fans think.

The Price of Football podcast answers a question from Glenn Entwistle about Rovers, FFP & “spaffing money in pursuit of promotion” in the latest episode...40 minutes in.

It also covers the Derby County verdict in enlightening detail...

Today’s @POF_POD 
️Charlton
️Wigan
? Steve Dale’s speling
️Derby
Your questions on ? rights, agents, Wycombe, Kent, salary caps, ignoring FFP, Hull, points deductions & what brings joy to @kevinhunterday in football.
? Apple.co/32Hvdyi
?Spoti.fi/2Ggn3FP

https://www.radio-uk.co.uk/podcasts/price-of-football

6 minutes ago, unsall said:

Yeah, don’t think people realise how much Fulham can pay players, their owner is mega rich and unfortunately Rovers can’t compete with them, regardless of what some of our fans think.

What about FFP then? I thought our owners were mega-rich? They can pay but our's can't?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

If he (Whitney) thinks it’s still on then it prob is. He has no obv reason to lie (ie isn’t some wanked out transfer account or attention seeker based on his previous tweets etc) and broke the Kipre story before any journalists had even mentioned the name. Seems to have the inside track? Let’s see.

Ill tell you summat though...if Mowbray pulls this £900k transfer off under PL West Brom’s nose after signing a keeper via our European scouting network then things in here get interesting! Those who’ve mocked the European model, said we were skint and we’d be reliant on freebies and loans and reckoned Mowbray couldn’t tempt players with his Mrs Lemon drizzle cake might well be feeling a little red faced...??

fyi - bearing in mind we’re in the middle of a global pandemic, aren’t generating cash and are perilously close to ffp troubles, who’s paying for all of this? Hate them all we like, but they always pay up! ???

Don’t worry. When it doesn’t happen the goalposts will just move again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

ll tell you summat though...if Mowbray pulls this £900k transfer off under PL West Brom’s nose after signing a keeper via our European scouting network then things in here get interesting! Those who’ve mocked the European model, said we were skint and we’d be reliant on freebies and loans and reckoned Mowbray couldn’t tempt players with his Mrs Lemon drizzle cake might well be feeling a little red faced...??

You mean ---if we do pull this off we'll see pages of triumphalism from you?

Not sure its worth it!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

You mean ---if we do pull this off we'll see pages of triumphalism from you?

Not sure its worth it!

You won’t hear anything from me. I’ve nothing to be triumphant about. I haven’t nailed my colours to us utilising the European network or spending money or negotiating tough deals. I speak up when I see unfair criticism...

However, as I’ve said. Those who HAVE stated we “don’t have a pot to piss in”, those who’ve sneered at the European scouting network set up by Mowbray and those who claim he cannot attract the right type of players (lemon drizzle blah blah) may feel a little...silly? Perhaps? ??‍♂️??

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

You won’t hear anything from me. I’ve nothing to be triumphant about. I haven’t nailed my colours to us utilising the European network or spending money or negotiating tough deals. I speak up when I see unfair criticism...

However, as I’ve said. Those who HAVE stated we “don’t have a pot to piss in”, those who’ve sneered at the European scouting network set up by Mowbray and those who claim he cannot attract the right type of players (lemon drizzle blah blah) may feel a little...silly? Perhaps? ??‍♂️??

Let's wait and see what happens.

IF money gets invested, we address our weaknesses and we don't sell any prized assets then I will applaud that.

As it stands we've spent a couple of hundred grand on a keeper whilst saving the same on outgoing wages, and are 12 days away from the season without any outfield signings, so lots of work to do and not much time to do it.

No the deadline is not October when the window shuts and we can do our usual supermarket sweep of a couple of loans to fill the gaps. By then our season might already be over.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Exactly! So IF (that’s for you @Wing Wizard Windy Miller ?) Kipre DOES choose Rovers then those who usual slaughter Mrs Mowbrays Lemon drizzle cake (and Tony’s patter) might be forced to eat a mahoosive slice of humble pie...? ?

Give it a rest Paul, you're getting your knickers in a twist over a player i bet you hadn't heard of a month ago....?

• Like 2

What a crock Paul Mani. We've already heard from you, you're crowing already, as above, yet we haven't signed him!

And "if Mowbray pulls this off" it won't be because he pulled "this £900,000 transfer off under PL West Brom's nose" at all.

It'll be because West From decided to sign someone else. If they want him they'll get him.

How does that increase Mowbrey's prestige? :rolleyes:

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, 47er said:

What about FFP then? I thought our owners were mega-rich? They can pay but our's can't?

We have to keep to FFP rules, some on here don’t agree but they would be the first to moan if we had points deducted.

I know clubs are bending the rules, doesn’t mean we have to, be are luck to get penalised.

Yes our owners are supposed to be wealthy but said this many times, Rovers are one of 20 odd businesss they own and who knows what damage this COVID-19 has done to some of them, not sure they would be happy if owners give us millions and left them to rot.

Love it if we could could go gung-ho and spend whatever but I’m realistic that we can’t.

Keep looking at Wigan’s demise, Bolton earlier on, Bury etc and am just glad we aren’t, so far, in their position.

Didnt expect much re transfer money this window and pleasantly surprised we’ve spent money on a permanent goalie, and also looks like they are doing the same on a c/b even if it’s not Kipre.

End of the day we’re all Rovers fans but some more realistic than others, let’s get a c/b defo new l/ b and anyone else a bonus.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Are you Mowbray's PR man?

“don’t have a pot to piss in” - let's see if any of our 'big players' have left when the window closes or what our net trading spend is!.

"European network" - I think it's fair to to say Genk wanted rid and more than likely, the lad's agent has done his job in sounding out clubs known to be looking for a goalie or two!  You would question the remit of our "European network" if they are actively scouting first team players in the better leagues who are playing European club football - rather like me telling the missus to 'scout' the local Porsche dealer for her next car (nice to have but out of our reach and therefore wasting her time!).

Suggest you wait for the fat lady to sing before you extol your perceived virtues of club and manager.

• Like 7

We have billionaire owners who oversee a global conglomerate, how is that comparable to Bolton - cockney spiv who didn’t have a pot to piss in, Bury - local property speculators and other potless businessmen, and Wigan - sold to professional gamblers based in the Far East?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Let's wait and see what happens.

IF money gets invested, we address our weaknesses and we don't sell any prized assets then I will applaud that.

As it stands we've spent a couple of hundred grand on a keeper whilst saving the same on outgoing wages, and are 12 days away from the season without any outfield signings, so lots of work to do and not much time to do it.

No the deadline is not October when the window shuts and we can do our usual supermarket sweep of a couple of loans to fill the gaps. By then our season might already be over.

So the keeper was only a couple of hundred grand, when most said it was 450k, where did you get your info.

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

So the keeper was only a couple of hundred grand, when most said it was 450k, where did you get your info.

The only source of £450,000 is the Lancashire Telegraph. 

If correct it has been covered by wage savings made in the last 6 weeks. That was my point.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

?????

We'll have only played 4 games when the window shuts. 

Yes. And a bad start due to not having the squad in place could set the course for a season of struggle.

I'd like a good start but it never seems to happen here.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The only source of £450,000 is the Lancashire Telegraph. 

If correct it has been covered by wage savings made in the last 6 weeks. That was my point.

We have had hardly any income since march how is it covered by the wages saved from the players leaving?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 47er said:

What a crock Paul Mani. We've already heard from you, you're crowing already, as above, yet we haven't signed him!

And "if Mowbray pulls this off" it won't be because he pulled "this £900,000 transfer off under PL West Brom's nose" at all.

It'll be because West From decided to sign someone else. If they want him they'll get him.

How does that increase Mowbrey's prestige? :rolleyes:

Hahaha brilliant! So, it’s his fault for messing it up if we don’t sign Kipre...but if we DO sign him then it’s because wba don’t want him? Fancy that...

I notice all those with the potential ‘red faces’ have come out fighting though..??

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Cjh said:

You seem gutted. That says it all about you.

Oh crap. I'll be delighted when/if we sign Kipre.

You think I've supported Rovers for sixty+ years because I can't wait for something to go wrong? Bloody idiot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

t! So, it’s his fault for messing it up if we don’t sign Kipre.

Have another look! Nowhere did I say that.

If we don't sign him its because a PL club has more clout and more money as Matty Blue says.

You are making things up to provoke.

• Like 3