BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

The only team Nuttall has shown anything is our under 23s.

But again, he helped our 23's get promotion to the PL2D1, scored a few important goals and was then sold at a higher fee than he was signed for. Decent run all round for everyone involved in my opinion. We helped his career, he helped the club in the short term.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

But again, he helped our 23's get promotion to the PL2D1, scored a few important goals and was then sold at a higher fee than he was signed for. Decent run all round for everyone involved in my opinion. We helped his career, he helped the club in the short term.

In my opinion Nuttall is not as good as what Brereton as shown at the Rovers, which isn’t much. I doubt he will regularly feature at Northampton.

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

In my opinion Nuttall is not as good as what Brereton as shown at the Rovers, which isn’t much. I doubt he will regularly feature at Northampton.

Yeah but that's no effect on us.  We got the money for him and shipped him out because he wasn't champ standard.  Good business and no skin off our nose whether his career goes straight down the pan or not.

Seems pretty obvious West Brom are stringing Kipre along. If I was him I'd tell them to do one. 

West Brom mulling move for Cedric Kipre

By Matt Maher | West Bromwich Albion | Published: Less than an hour ago

Albion will weigh up their options before deciding whether to pursue a move for Wigan defender Cedric Kipre.

HLU7YM6LO5EZNGAXBJTRYPNK4E.jpg Cedric Kipre of Wigan Athletic blocks a shot from Matheus Pereira of West Bromwich Albion (AMA)

The Baggies have held talks over the 23-year-old and are increasingly confident it is a deal they can get done.

But they are expected to check on other targets before pushing ahead. Blackburn are believed to have agreed a fee of £900,000 for Kipre but the player would prefer a Premier League move and Albion may offer one.

Sporting director Luke Dowling is determined to get the maximum from what is a relatively tight budget as Albion prepare for a top flight return.

In addition to Kipre, talks have also taken place with Brighton over defender Shane Duffy and goalkeeper David Button.

ADVERTISING

The Seagulls want around £1million for the latter, though the Baggies are hoping to agree a lower fee. Albion will also decide this week whether to push ahead with a move for Watford striker Troy Deeney, while they

remain in discussions with Benfica over another loan deal for midfielder Filip Krovinovic.

Matheus Pereira remains Albion’s only permanent signing since winning promotion in July. It is believed the Baggies have around £20million in total to spend.

Preparations on the pitch for a top flight campaign now less than a fortnight away will continue today when the Baggies play their latest warm-up match.

Slaven Bilic’s men are set to face an EFL opponent, who have requested all details of the behind closed doors fixture are kept private.

Conor Townsend and Kenneth Zohore are expected to get their first taste of pre-season action after both missed Saturday’s 1-0 defeat to Nottingham Forest through injury.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Wasn't sure if it was really necessary, but the plan is to send Fisher out on loan and find another backup for Kaminski. I thought Fisher would've been ample backup, but what do I know?

Ah i think it's the right decision, if the worst happened and Kaminski suffered a bad injury we couldn't be confident with Fisher as our number 1 with another 2 rookies fighting it out for number 2

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

Nuttall scored 2 goals in 13 appearances in 13 league one games. he scored 4 goals in 9 cup games. He scored 2 goals in 15 championship league games. Brereton's 2 goals in the Championship have come in 40 games. Nuttall had a better strike rate in our U23s than Brereton had in Forest's. Statistically , Nuttall is the better player. Wheerre Nuttall doesn't score over Brereton is his confidence. Nuttall's confidence was not robust enough to withstand Mowbray's man-management method, Brereton's is.

Nuttall's not likely to succeed at any level, unless he finds an atmosphere that is conducive. I don't see Brereton as currently being Championship standard, though with any player that cost as much as he did, one hopes for the best.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Nuttall scored 2 goals in 13 appearances in 13 league one games. he scored 4 goals in 9 cup games. He scored 2 goals in 15 championship league games. Brereton's 2 goals in the Championship have come in 40 games. Nuttall had a better strike rate in our U23s than Brereton had in Forest's. Statistically , Nuttall is the better player. Wheerre Nuttall doesn't score over Brereton is his confidence. Nuttall's confidence was not robust enough to withstand Mowbray's man-management method, Brereton's is.

Nuttall's not likely to succeed at any level, unless he finds an atmosphere that is conducive. I don't see Brereton as currently being Championship standard, though with any player that cost as much as he did, one hopes for the best.

The only thing Nuttall had over Brereton is Joe knew that to score goals you've got to get in and around the 6 yard area. Keep doing that and the goals will come. Of course the rest of the team need to be getting the ball in there in the first place.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

but also ruins debate.

I think this microcosmic over-debated topic of positivity and negativity is a load of crap anyway. I don't think your message is helpful at all though and I'll explain why.

Your message here purports to be about ending a non-helpful conversation and stopping people ruining debate on the message-board, but when you actually look at the beef of your post, you're actually just furthering the argument, making digs at the "positive lot" and claiming to know more etc.

That's fine if that's your prerogative, but to take the moral high ground and say those who criticise your views are ruining debate, whilst continuing to criticise other people's views is baffling to me, as it shows that clearly keeping conversation on track and debate un-ruined isn't your prerogative at all.

"If your creed in life" - already gets us off to a derogatory start.
"good luck to you." - is highly passive aggressive.
"others like to use past experiences and evidence to form their views" - my views are better than your views basically.
"due to cod philosophical views like" - describing others views as not real/not what they claim to be. 

11 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Still find it absolutely amazing some were re writing history on how poor Joe Nuttall was.

I called it as I saw it from day 1, never good enough. However, he cost us nothing, scored a couple and we sold him for a profit so no harm done.

56 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Seems pretty obvious West Brom are stringing Kipre along. If I was him I'd tell them to do one. 

West Brom mulling move for Cedric Kipre

By Matt Maher | West Bromwich Albion | Published: Less than an hour ago

Albion will weigh up their options before deciding whether to pursue a move for Wigan defender Cedric Kipre.

HLU7YM6LO5EZNGAXBJTRYPNK4E.jpg Cedric Kipre of Wigan Athletic blocks a shot from Matheus Pereira of West Bromwich Albion (AMA)

The Baggies have held talks over the 23-year-old and are increasingly confident it is a deal they can get done.

But they are expected to check on other targets before pushing ahead. Blackburn are believed to have agreed a fee of £900,000 for Kipre but the player would prefer a Premier League move and Albion may offer one.

Sporting director Luke Dowling is determined to get the maximum from what is a relatively tight budget as Albion prepare for a top flight return.

In addition to Kipre, talks have also taken place with Brighton over defender Shane Duffy and goalkeeper David Button. The Seagulls want around £1million for the latter, though the Baggies are hoping to agree a lower fee. Albion will also decide this week whether to push ahead with a move for Watford striker Troy Deeney, while they remain in discussions with Benfica over another loan deal for midfielder Filip Krovinovic.

Genuinely staggering. Medical yesterday. Completed. Player been told to wait whilst WBA work on deals for potentially better players.

He must know sooner or later that he won't be near the 1st team if he signs for them.

Rovers have agreed a fee and also made an offer of contract to player pending a medical. He would be a Rovers player within hours of the medical.

He is a fool if he puts himself through this. Maybe it is better for himself if he calls himself a Premier League footballer but never actually plays rather than a Championship player who actually plays week in week out. Money and profile is key these days.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Genuinely staggering. Medical yesterday. Completed. Player been told to wait whilst WBA work on deals for potentially better players.

He must know sooner or later that he won't be near the 1st team if he signs for them.

Rovers have agreed a fee and also made an offer of contract to player pending a medical. He would be a Rovers player within hours of the medical.

He is a fool if he puts himself through this. Maybe it is better for himself if he calls himself a Premier League footballer but never actually plays rather than a Championship player who actually plays week in week out. Money and profile is key these days.

He'd be a Championship player by season after this anyways. No chance West Brom are staying up

Edited by Theaxe15
  • Like 3

The longer the Kipre situation rumbles on, the less interested I am in signing him.  Not sure exactly who or what is causing such a delay but it just needs sorting one way or another then we can (presumably) just move on - until something is final we're just in limbo and sneaking closer to the start of the season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Is this something you have heard? Personally just want this saga to be done with now, would be nice if we could nab him while West Brom hesitate. 

• Like 1

Cedric Kipre is obviously after the move to a Prem club. Why he is letting them mess him about like that is beyond me. Money talks I guess. I'm going to bet that Baggies have doubled the wages he'd be on here.

It is a shame because he'd be a guaranteed starter here, probably the main man in defence, and the move to a Prem club would probably happen if he continued the form he shown at Wigan.

This is modern football though, and he is prepared to be messed about whilst they look for a 'better' alternative on the chance he can double his wage and if he has to sit on the bench to do that then fine.

• Like 1

West Brom are stringing him along a little but in turn he's doing the same to us.

If he does sign for us in the end and his first interview is full of him praising the club/players/manager/history etc. it will all be fairly hollow words really as he is only interested in coming here if he can't get a better move (which is fair enough)

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 3

If Kipre is holding on for a Premier League move, and of course the much higher wage that goes with it, I totally understand that and would do the same if I was Kipre and dont feel like there is any scope for resentment, I also think that there would be a good chance that Kipre could have got plentt of first team football there.

Ultimately we will need to move on to other targets with the clock ticking. Mowbrays said that we are close to making a signing and I would be very dissapointed if it was just the Kipre deal and nothing else is close. We need more than one player and whilst it is a blow if the Kipre deal was lined up and has since broken down, we are also just as desperate for a left back and the plan was to sign 2 centre backs. Thats before we mention a sub keeper and an attacking player. If Mowbray and Waggott are putting in the late nights, we surely are down the road than more than just the Kipre deal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Cedric Kipre is obviously after the move to a Prem club. Why he is letting them mess him about like that is beyond me. Money talks I guess. I'm going to bet that Baggies have doubled the wages he'd be on here.

It is a shame because he'd be a guaranteed starter here, probably the main man in defence, and the move to a Prem club would probably happen if he continued the form he shown at Wigan.

This is modern football though, and he is prepared to be messed about whilst they look for a 'better' alternative on the chance he can double his wage and if he has to sit on the bench to do that then fine.

Don’t think money is the biggest factor. It’s a prem club. Simple.

No player would turn down the opportunity of playing in the PL to play in the championship. He’d get a decent shot at regular game time as well. It’s not like he’s signing up to be a 3rd choice keeper.

3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

You'd think West Brom could just draw £900K, plus modest wages, out of their back pocket, now that they're back in the Prem. One or two journalists also seem a bit bemused by it, as if they really wanted Kipre, they would have sorted it out by now.

But then I noticed a few rumblings online from West Brom fans about how they're having a poor window so far compared to their promoted counterparts, and how they expect nothing less from their owner. I don't know too much about West Brom on that front, but it definitely appears to have stalled. The only thing I can possibly think of is it having been a Bank Holiday. Although that might be a poor excuse in this industry!

Leeds have been spending some serious cash so far:

Costa - £16m

Koch - £12m

Rodrigo - £27m

Fulham have singed a few players but nothing to that level by the looks. 

West Brom have signed Pereira for about £8m, who was on loan to them last season anyway.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

If Kipre is holding on for a Premier League move, and of course the much higher wage that goes with it, I totally understand that and would do the same if I was Kipre and dont feel like there is any scope for resentment, I also think that there would be a good chance that Kipre could have got plentt of first team football there.

Ultimately we will need to move on to other targets with the clock ticking. Mowbrays said that we are close to making a signing and I would be very dissapointed if it was just the Kipre deal and nothing else is close. We need more than one player and whilst it is a blow if the Kipre deal was lined up and has since broken down, we are also just as desperate for a left back and the plan was to sign 2 centre backs. Thats before we mention a sub keeper and an attacking player. If Mowbray and Waggott are putting in the late nights, we surely are down the road than more than just the Kipre deal.

I think Liam Lindsay is still very much on the table

Just now, JoeH said:

I think Liam Lindsay is still very much on the table

Where is this from?

Lindsay would be a far cry from Kipre and is not a player that I would be particularly excited about but at least I suppose that would involve not putting all of our eggs into one basket when we have numerous positions to sign.

• Like 1