BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Very bizarre indeed.

Completely agree on your further points.

The silence and lack of rumours is deafening and frightening.

Huge chance for us to kick on a potentially push for play offs IF we make the correct signings and soon.

I fear Mowbray is far too comfortable to put pressure on himself with ambitious signings.

It isnt even the lack of rumours for me, as no journalists really seem on the ball. Can only judge the manager on what he does get over the line. At the moment, even compared to last seasons mid table squad, we are short.

Even though Rich Sharpe has said that it is very quiet, even then, he for example was nowhere near the Kaminski deal. Although his comments are a little alarming.

Ultimately for me it is the fact that it happens every year really. We first have the needless delays that come from having this constant handicap of negligent owners. 

Last year, defensive reinforcements took an age to get over the line, we lost our first 2 games with our defenders, both on loan, done very late on in the window.

I am also unconvinced that Mowbray has either the capability to navigate the window in terms of getting the players we need, we have signed some good players under him but our squad is so imbalanced considering the time and money he has had. And also the ability to get signings over the line.

Last summer, the window was half about the players we didnt get, we missed out on Bauer, he bemoaned the loss of 2 mystery foreign keepers and loaned in a clown to replace the cheaply sold Raya, and there was also Maher. It was a summer of missed opportunities and temporary stop gaps, and I am getting a sense of de ja vu. 

For example, Kipre was unfortunate, but we arent only in need of a centre back, in which case there may be a little more patience. Even if he had to move on to option B as his main CB, he needs 2 CB's, a left back, another keeper, etc, surely he hasnt just missed out on his main target in all of them areas, and if he has, then there is something wrong. It seems to be one at a time.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

And ultimately, the manager should be judged on players that he is able to get signed, not the ones he missed out on.

What is also a major issue apart from the glaring holes in the defence are the contracts that run out in 2021:

Dack

Rothwell

Johnson

Holtby

Nyambe

Evans

JRC

+ a few I couldn't give a toss about, these will leave further massive holes in a squad that desperately needs bolstering. These lads don't need quarantining, analysing they need to be sat down and sold a future that they buy into so we actually have a team next year that doesn't mainly consist of U18s

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've been told he hasn't been training with us. 

Also nothing on line about him moving to a club in Middle East so far. 

i hope we bring him in. 

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

didn't know you were football agent or transfer expert? My apologises :rolleyes:

In fairness. No players have been training with us on trial etc.

Just our current crop including Mulgrew and Williams who we are actively trying to move on.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

am also unconvinced that Mowbray has either the capability to navigate the window in terms of getting the players we need, we have signed some good players under him but our squad is so imbalanced considering the time and money he has had. And also the ability to get signings over the line.

This goes for matchdays too unfortunately lol.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

What is also a major issue apart from the glaring holes in the defence are the contracts that run out in 2021:

Dack

Rothwell

Johnson

Holtby

Nyambe

Evans

JRC

+ a few I couldn't give a toss about, these will leave further massive holes in a squad that desperately needs bolstering. These lads don't need quarantining, analysing they need to be sat down and sold a future that they buy into so we actually have a team next year that doesn't mainly consist of U18s

Dack here till 2022 at least we have a years option on his deal 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But we didn't have these quarantine rules at that time did we? But you have move the goal posts to suit your own argument?

But can't answer why there is such a drop off in transfers from overseas clubs? wonder why you can't? Did you know look at the figures provided?

how do you know that there is no urgency going on at the club about transfers? source from inside the club or someone who worked at the club? 

We know there is no urgency because there never is. Plod, plod, plod along.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Not heard anything but wouldn't be surprised to see Tosin back with us this season. 

Doesn't seem to be in city's 1st team squad from what I can see. 

Get him and another permanent cb would be great. 

Understand City only interested in a permanent deal and would be about £4million plus 25% sell on profit.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Understand City only interested in a permanent deal and would be about £4million plus 25% sell on profit.

Money for old rope that ...be worth £20m in 2 years time 

• Like 4

Local reporters have struggled for last couple of seasons, The most they get is he’s on the list, Money is very tight for most sides and the last thing they want is whispers getting out to scupper the deal, probably guarantee the next signing will be out of the blue and not reported till it’s nearly done 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TruRover said:

4 million for Tosin would be a bargain. End of. Only going to get better aswell. 

Still feel like there’s a chance of him ending up on loan here towards the end of the window if he hasn’t ended up somewhere else. 

I would say, time to throw in Greg Cunningham’s name (again), but he’s only played 30+ games in 3 years, due to injury. Anybody know his current fitness? 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

4 million for Tosin would be a bargain. End of. Only going to get better aswell. 

Still feel like there’s a chance of him ending up on loan here towards the end of the window if he hasn’t ended up somewhere else. 

I don't think he's the greatest defender, but if they're only asking for £4m for him, I'd scrounge up the money and buy him outright (although I doubt we can afford his wages).

The loan fee would be substantial anyway - might as well own him. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I don't think he's the greatest defender, but if they're only asking for £4m for him, I'd scrounge up the money and buy him outright (although I doubt we can afford his wages).

Yes, £4 million would be a great deal indeed considering Harrison Reed cost £8 million.

Tosin is the more talented player imo.

Edited by Vilesinner

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Got a feeling the lad has only 12 months to run on his contract and City wont want to lose him for next to nothing given he will still be under 24 (just) next summer.  City would be entitled to compensation for training and development which can be far removed from a player's perceived market value which in such cases is irrelevant.

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

All the raw ingredients are there and at least we'd be growing our own instead of grooming one for someone else.

Mulgrews contract extension, Tosin loan fee, another loan this time. How much has been spent then over 3 seasons in that one position with little return on the pitch and did all off it.

Surely that doesn't appeal to these so called great business people.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

1) We want a player who can play straight away and have trained with the team (hence why not going for a player who would quarentine.) Aside from the reasons it's daft as @roverclitheroe points out this directly contradicts your point about waiting to the end of the transfer window to buy players.

I haven't said wait to the end of the transfer window as far I know but what I think I said we have to bring in the right players at the prices we valued the player at and not over paying for players

2) You give evidence for why quarentine is a problem and stopping people buying players abroad (which am not convinced on saying the number of signings from a full window to a partial window is misleading as is the financial restrictions in general,

The number are there to see, a drop in foreign signings. You are most than welcome to go and do your research on the drop off in terms of foreign signings?

I will posted the total number of foreign signings after the 5th of October  

You even champion Linsey on loan which seems daft - loans should be left for quality otherwise unobtainable so that's an odd one to suggest.

Well I mention Liam Lindsay about 20 months as a potential signing for us. I suggested a loan to buy if he performs which is sensible deal for us and allow us to use money available for centre back permanent signing and left back. 

• Like 1