BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Couple of reasons I'm frustrated with it: 

1) I'm pretty disappointed its not produced much within two years. Still time to redeem itself but it should have been producing more than it has currently.  .

2) I think its that combined with TMs preference to go for the known and safe option. Cunningham link this year, Gally as the striker last year. We've been linked with Pears (sp?) from Boro as a keeper who other than the Boro links/convenience  doesn't have much going for it. My frustration is why invest in a European network - which I think in principle is a good idea - if there's a tendency to go with the known. I guess in League 1 that was fair enough, albeit not ideal, given how little time TM had had, but by now we shouldn't be as reliant on known as much as we have been over the past year or two. 

1. its been in place properly from less than 2 years and and since Bruno Reis our European Chief Scout was appointed we have scouting players in Europe and bringing in Kaminski from Belgium. I expect a few more yet to come in

2. Yes links. Thats it. Lets see who we sign and from first. Yes we were linked to Cunningham or Pears but are their agents links. WE signed Kaminski as number 1 after being link to Pears so what does that tell you. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No one has said that it is easy @chaddyrovers but it is always Rovers making excuses and struggling,

plenty of clubs and managers have comments on this. You seen Warnock on lack of signings, then there is PNE's owner rep Risdale's comments on the striker they want, Clubs like Norwich or Brentford who have money either from PL relegation or from selling players for over inflated prices. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

1. its been in place properly from less than 2 years and and since Bruno Reis our European Chief Scout was appointed we have scouting players in Europe and bringing in Kaminski from Belgium. I expect a few more yet to come in

2. Yes links. Thats it. Lets see who we sign and from first. Yes we were linked to Cunningham or Pears but are their agents links. WE signed Kaminski as number 1 after being link to Pears so what does that tell you. 

C'mon Chaddy let's not be obtuse. There's plenty of examples form our time at Rovers. Some have worked out ok but some haven't and there's a bigger market out there. To pretend it hasn't happened previously is daft.  

But here's what really annoys me - the double standards. When we are linked to players or miss out on them, and you are defending the corner of the club stating they are doing all they can to recruit players and are doing a jolly good professional job the links are good and evidence of the club doing a good job. But when I use the links to criticise the club they are meaningless speculation. You can't have it both ways!

Actually, and this is the real joke - you say you expect others to come, speculation, not even links just supposition, and use this to bolster your arguments. Yet an actual tangible link to a player is dismissed as non-evidence when it supports my criticism. You treat the same evidence/examples as a valid support of points whilst saying that same evidence is insufficient and poor when used to bolster my points. How is that fair or a reasonable debate? Can you not see how daft and contradictory it sounds?

Look I'm happy to discuss the pros and cons of our scouting network and expectations of it, but I'm not wild about having this double standard of evidence and these contradictions. Let's aim for a bit of consistency! 

plenty of clubs and managers have comments on this. You seen Warnock on lack of signings, then there is PNE's owner rep Risdale's comments on the striker they want, Clubs like Norwich or Brentford who have money either from PL relegation or from selling players for over inflated prices. 

Nice selective use of examples. Not that I necessarily disagree, but there's plenty of evidence of clubs buying players that weakens this defence too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

No interest in Cunningham from Bristol City :

"The Robins are finished regarding incomings for this season - with recent reports on Pedro Pereira and Greg Cunningham returning to Ashton Gate wide of the mark"

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-close-hakeeb-adelakun-4502299

25 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Bristol City negotiating a loan for Greg Cunningham.

So confused ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

But here's what really annoys me - the double standards. When we are linked to players or miss out on them, and you are defending the corner of the club stating they are doing all they can to recruit players and are doing a jolly good professional job the links are good and evidence of the club doing a good job. But when I use the links to criticise the club they are meaningless speculation. You can't have it both ways!

well you used a nice selective of examples of Pears or Cunningham but ignore that we missed out on Mawson for example by Bristol City paying full wages which we couldn't do. Have we even held conversations with Boro or Cardiff to sign those players? Yes we are doing all we can to bring players but this isn't like playing Football game or FIFA when it comes down to negotiating with clubs, agents and players. If you watched the Chris Wilder video on when they followed him on the last day of window. Or watched the football club documentaries when they follow the club for a season, you realised that signings players isn't easy at all. Have you seen of these documentaries which highlighted exactly what I am saying. 

here the Chris Wilder one. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=chris+wilder+deadline+day&&view=detail&mid=83370FECAA5C7140DE8583370FECAA5C7140DE85&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dchris%2Bwilder%2Bdeadline%2Bday%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Nice selective use of examples. Not that I necessarily disagree, but there's plenty of evidence of clubs buying players that weakens this defence too

Yes I did a posted earlier in the thread that shows that it was Clubs like Norwich with PL money or promoted clubs or clubs who has sold players for big money like Birmingham signings players. Do you not see that post?

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well you used a nice selective of examples of Pears or Cunningham but ignore that we missed out on Mawson for example by Bristol City paying full wages which we couldn't do. Have we even held conversations with Boro or Cardiff to sign those players? Yes we are doing all we can to bring players but this isn't like playing Football game or FIFA when it comes down to negotiating with clubs, agents and players. If you watched the Chris Wilder video on when they followed him on the last day of window. Or watched the football club documentaries when they follow the club for a season, you realised that signings players isn't easy at all. Have you seen of these documentaries which highlighted exactly what I am saying. 

here the Chris Wilder one. https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=chris+wilder+deadline+day&&view=detail&mid=83370FECAA5C7140DE8583370FECAA5C7140DE85&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dchris%2Bwilder%2Bdeadline%2Bday%26FORM%3DHDRSC3

More excuses time after time from you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

wait and see after the transfer window has close

It's been going two years, should I wait for 2021, 2022............

The season starts on Saturday, we have massive holes in the squad, recruitment has been tragic.

Edited by blue_n_white99
  • Like 5

well you used a nice selective of examples of Pears or Cunningham but ignore that we missed out on Mawson for example by Bristol City paying full wages which we couldn't do. Have we even held conversations with Boro or Cardiff to sign those players?

Yes we are doing all we can to bring players but this isn't like playing Football game or FIFA when it comes down to negotiating with clubs, agents and players. If you watched the Chris Wilder video on when they followed him on the last day of window. Or watched the football club documentaries when they follow the club for a season, you realised that signings players isn't easy at all. Have you seen of these documentaries which highlighted exactly what I am saying. 

You have totally, totally missed my point on double standards. You've also shifted the goalposts onto selectivism which I will address separately. 

Chaddy: "we were only linked with those players" inference therefore is unless brought it doesn't count as evidence against TM (debatable but let's run with that )

And in the same post

Chaddy "I expect more players to be signed by the European network" inference therefore the network is a good thing. In this case a hypothetical non signing is evidence to suggest something is good. 

You see the point? You state an expectation that hasn't happened as proof to help your points but limit me to concrete examples only. That's double standards. 

Onto selectivism and how well we are doing/trying: 

Yes I've seen a few of the documentaries thanks and am not saying it is easy. That said given half the clubs have made more signings than us statistics alone suggest it's not quite as difficult as you make out! In fact statistics aren't your friend on this one. 

History isn't your friend either in defending our transfer endeavours. The fact we signed no one last January, missed out on multiple targets last summer - you bleated on about the missing out on keepers a lot as I recall - the fact that so many of our defenders are the same from two or three years ago also indicates we aren't that great in the transfer market or doing all we can. 

Logic isn't helping you much either. Your suggestion is that I'm assuming it's like football manager. However it's a false dichotomy to say the only choices are it's like football manager (and by comparison we are doing badly) or Rovers are doing brilliantly in difficult conditions circumstances. Actually there are a number of alternatives between these two positions, one of which is that Rovers aren't too hot on transfers. 

Finally on selectivism I have mentioned targets and signings from the past couple of years. Whilst admittedly not solely those known an uncomfortable amount of them are. The links this summer being one example of this. 

• Like 4