BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

plenty of clubs and managers have comments on this. You seen Warnock on lack of signings, then there is PNE's owner rep Risdale's comments on the striker they want, Clubs like Norwich or Brentford who have money either from PL relegation or from selling players for over inflated prices. 

So those clubs are fucking it up too, and? There are also clubs getting their business done and not throwing excuses around.

If we got relegated (we won't) would you be saying 'well x and z got relegated too'?

Other clubs failing isn't an excuse for us to fail.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

So those clubs are fucking it up too, and? There are also clubs getting their business done and not throwing excuses around.

If we got relegated (we won't) would you be saying 'well x and z got relegated too'?

Other clubs failing isn't an excuse for us to fail.

I would not  be to sure on us not getting relegated ...

Porous defence , needs strengthening very quickly !

• Backroom

You would think with the amount of massively disappointing transfer windows we've had under TM the old "wait until the window has closed" phrase would have been quietly retired. It's practically guaranteed at this point that the window will end in disappointment with few if any of our glaring issues addressed in a future-proof way.

Only really decent window we've had under Mowbray, from memory, was summer '17 when we signed Dack, Arma, Smallwood etc.

• Like 4

Just now, DE. said:

You would think with the amount of massively disappointing transfer windows we've had under TM the old "wait until the window has closed" phrase would have been quietly retired. It's practically guaranteed at this point that the window will end in disappointment with few if any of our glaring issues addressed in a future-proof way.

Only really decent window we've had under Mowbray, from memory, was summer '17 when we signed Dack, Arma, Smallwood etc.

"Another window slams shut on depleted Rovers".....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

I can’t remember a single “Massively disappointing” summer window under Mowbray. January is usually horrific though...

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Didnt Sign Armstrong then. 

We signed Dack, Smallwood, Downing, Gladwin, Antonsson, Whittingham, Hart, Samuel plus some other that summer

You're right, I thought we loaned Armstrong in the summer but it was January. I was probably thinking of Downing.

Either way it was arguably the only good window we've had under TM. Good signings made quickly and decisively, ready for the first game of the season. We seem to have regressed massively since then in terms of recruitment, despite claims from the club to the contrary.

• Backroom
Just now, Paul Mani said:

I can’t remember a single “Massively disappointing” summer window under Mowbray. January is usually horrific though...

The January window may as well not exist for us. We signed Arma on loan in Jan '18... can't think of any other decent signings we've made in that window since TM took charge.

I find every summer hugely disappointing as far as transfers are concerned, but YMMV depending on your expectations and ambitions for the club I suppose.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

No it’s what we are working on 

anything else of note going on at the mo do you know? seems there are bits happening we never know about (positive) but they almost universally fall through (negative). sounds like this window's a bit of a concrete wall. most clubs need players, most clubs need money, most agents want money, but the agents won't budge with their demands. seems we're being left behind as a club with principles regarding agents and their fees and it's costing us dearly. 

I'm just dreading deadline day.

Obvious issues that need to be addressed, the eternal optimists expecting incomings up to the last minute, Mowbray and Rovers claiming to be busy and confident of deals and then the crushing blow from Rich Sharpe at about 6pm telling us that nothing is going to happen and that our business is done.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, JHRover said:

I'm just dreading deadline day.

Obvious issues that need to be addressed, the eternal optimists expecting incomings up to the last minute, Mowbray and Rovers claiming to be busy and confident of deals and then the crushing blow from Rich Sharpe at about 6pm telling us that nothing is going to happen and that our business is done.

I go into transfer windows nowadays with zero hope as I have no faith in the system we have in place to produce anything worthwhile. I don't think the manager or his team have a remotely solid grasp on recruitment, and they have no help from the owners - in fact, if anything they are a further hindrance to an already questionable setup. At best we may get a decent loan or two but that's all I expect now. If we splash money it always seems to be on overpriced players like Gallagher or Brereton who don't even fit our system. 

TL;DR: The recruitment structure is a mess and I have no hopes to be crushed in the first place, so I'm generally quite zen about the transfer window itself. 

• Like 4