BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

We cant offer the highest wages or other aspects of finance. We're not favourites for promotion, unlike others who have built up over recent seasons. Our stadium is half full, when fans can attend, and we've hardly got the fanbase reputation of a team likes Leeds or Sheff Wed, still pulling in decent attendances even when struggling. We're not in a glamorous location, although some players may prefer the quieter life and be happy to commute from Manchester/Cheshire. We dont have a manager with a big reputation, like Bielsa. 

So for those who think we should be signing player x and not losing out on player y, what are the selling points of Rovers? Some make it sound like this transfer business should be easy. 

• Like 1

Morsy can bollox. He’s a limited ability shin kicking shithouse and I think there’d be bad blood in the squad after his thuggery finished Dack’s season.

Not fit to lace Trav’s hairband.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Such a bizarre attitude.

The way he talks about players makes them seem like expendable and unimportant elements.

I dare say the players who were stopped from joining due to third parties are watching that video and sighing relief that they didn't sign.

Fine, pass up on a target due to high demands of an agent. But don't boast about it during an interview.

This really does make me wonder regards negotiations with Dack and Nyambe.

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Some players suit loans. I don’t believe Buckley is the type of player who would benefit from a loan personally. He’s not going to suddenly become strong and physical because he’s got bashed about in League One or Two, he is what he is and his football is much better suited to fringe Championship games than lower league hoof ball.

Send him out on loan to the National North or Northern Premier League for a few months that would soon toughen him up.

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

Morsy can bollox. He’s a limited ability shin kicking shithouse and I think there’d be bad blood in the squad after his thuggery finished Dack’s season.

Dack's injury was hardly Morsy's fault.

36 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I would treat that latest excuse with a pinch of salt tbh, it's difficult to believe that we only became aware of any potential third party ownership issues more or less on the day of the alleged deal and if the player came from a Country where third party ownership is legal you'd have thought it would have been one of the first things we'd have checked  from the off like how much would the player cost and what would be his wage demands.

If we checked and were lied to, fair enough.  If it didn't occur to us to check, yet more incompetence on our part.

Two innovative new excuses to add to the list of reasons for deals falling through though

"Third party ownership issues we only found out about as he was about to board the plane".

"I need one in to convince the others of our intentions"

Keep 'em coming Tony!

At least someone in the creative department is earning their corn even if no-one in the recruitment department is.

To be fair it happens quite a lot were agents try to get extra out of the buying club at the last minute.

Even happens with the big clubs, article on Liverpool's failure to sign Fekir due to last minute agent demands 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfer-news-live-sancho-18899252

14 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Morsy can bollox. He’s a limited ability shin kicking shithouse and I think there’d be bad blood in the squad after his thuggery finished Dack’s season.

Morsy reminds me a bit of Andy Todd.  Happy to put it about a bit and take one for the team.  We need someone like that.  Pantomime villain.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It was an agent. 

Are you saying that because Sharpe described it as an agent in the article tonight? All of the direct quotes I've seen just say 3rd party, I think that was just Sharpe making an assumption. Could be he has actually fact-checked it was an agent but just didn't read that way to me.

13 minutes ago, alex l said:

We cant offer the highest wages or other aspects of finance. We're not favourites for promotion, unlike others who have built up over recent seasons. Our stadium is half full, when fans can attend, and we've hardly got the fanbase reputation of a team likes Leeds or Sheff Wed, still pulling in decent attendances even when struggling. We're not in a glamorous location, although some players may prefer the quieter life and be happy to commute from Manchester/Cheshire. We dont have a manager with a big reputation, like Bielsa. 

So for those who think we should be signing player x and not losing out on player y, what are the selling points of Rovers? Some make it sound like this transfer business should be easy. 

Selling points?

Supposedly a stable and properly run club with billionaire owners

Famous proud successful history. 

The most successful club in the Championship by number of trophies won.

Excellent training ground and facilities to work in.

A side one push away from a promotion campaign after 2 solid yet unspectacular mid table finishes.

I dont accept we are inferior to rival clubs or less attractive to potential players.

Just a structure not up to the job of getting deals done.

Not in a glamorous location? You said it yourself we are a short commute from Manchester and Cheshire home to all the City, United, Liverpool lot. Ideal. 

All the excuses in the world but really we have to look.at ourselves. Responsibility starts at home.

• Like 4

Just now, bluebruce said:

Are you saying that because Sharpe described it as an agent in the article tonight? All of the direct quotes I've seen just say 3rd party, I think that was just Sharpe making an assumption. Could be he has actually fact-checked it was an agent but just didn't read that way to me.

An agent is a 3rd party. 

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Morsy reminds me a bit of Andy Todd.  Happy to put it about a bit and take one for the team.  We need someone like that.  Pantomime villain.

I’d say Travis plays that role, or has at times. Winds up opposition fans no end.

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

An agent is a 3rd party. 

Uh yeh thanks for that, I'm aware. Know what else is a third party? Third party ownership. You haven't solved this mystery yet, sorry.

Seems odd a manager would describe it as a third party instead of just saying an agent. He talks about agents plenty after all. Maybe he just wanted to mix his language up a bit. Or maybe a third party owns the player abroad and wanted their cut. Either is perfectly possible until confirmed, which probably won't happen as the club have moved on. We should probably move on too.

40 minutes ago, OssyLad said:

That’s right he will be LAD, but a season out on loan,out of his comfort zone will do him the world of good 

Well if you'd rather watch Evans pass the ball two yards sideways and backwards  and Johnson barely break into a sweat that's up to you I suppose.

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

Uh yeh thanks for that, I'm aware. Know what else is a third party? Third party ownership. You haven't solved this mystery yet, sorry.

Seems odd a manager would describe it as a third party instead of just saying an agent. He talks about agents plenty after all. Maybe he just wanted to mix his language up a bit. Or maybe a third party owns the player abroad and wanted their cut. Either is perfectly possible until confirmed, which probably won't happen as the club have moved on. We should probably move on too.

He would have said 3rd party ownership. 

48 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I thought it was a good interview. I think people are getting a little frustrated and lashing out! Over-tired perhaps?

I must admit when I actually watched it, I didn't find it unreasonable.

Personally, I could listen to TM all night. He has always been good value, when I've heard him and I am sure I would want to play for him.

For me, this groundhog day, transfer window shitshow isn't about TM, but lack of funding and the diminished, dumbed-down infrastructure....... and we know who to blame for that.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 7