BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

17 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I’d say Travis plays that role, or has at times. Winds up opposition fans no end.

He did a bit last year to be fair.  Put Morsy alongside him. Not many midfields would fancy taking on that pairing.  Even weighed in with 3 goals and a few assists last year. Leader on the pitch as well. 

Don't think the dressing room would have any issues with him to be honest. 

*But all irrelevant because we won't sign him.  

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well if you'd rather watch Evans pass the ball two yards sideways and backwards  and Johnson barely break into a sweat that's up to you I suppose.

I like Evans, does all the dirty work and formed a good partnership with Travis lad. Johnson is hit and miss too 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Selling points?

Supposedly a stable and properly run club with billionaire owners

Famous proud successful history. 

The most successful club in the Championship by number of trophies won.

Excellent training ground and facilities to work in.

A side one push away from a promotion campaign after 2 solid yet unspectacular mid table finishes.

I dont accept we are inferior to rival clubs or less attractive to potential players.

Just a structure not up to the job of getting deals done.

Not in a glamorous location? You said it yourself we are a short commute from Manchester and Cheshire home to all the City, United, Liverpool lot. Ideal. 

All the excuses in the world but really we have to look.at ourselves. Responsibility starts at home.

I agree our training facilities are, from what i hear, of premier league standard and therefore should impress. But would that outweigh an extra few grand, or a team who can point to genuine promotion aspirations through recent play off finishes? As for famous history and being the most successful club in the league - they mean very little at this stage. Thats not to say we shouldnt be proud, but 5 fa cup wins a hundred years ago doesnt help you get promoted now. 

As for apparently stable and rich owners...those would be the owners protested against when we had premier league exposure? that's more likely the impression people have of the club.

This isnt, by the way, me trying to give the club a kicking. But I am saying we are perhaps not such an attractive proposition, financially or otherwise, that prospective signings will be biting our arms off to sign up, particularly if we face competition from clubs in top divisions or Championship rivals. 

3 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He did a bit last year to be fair.  Put Morsy alongside him. Not many midfields would fancy taking on that pairing.  Even weighed in with 3 goals and a few assists last year. Leader on the pitch as well. 

Don't think the dressing room would have any issues with him to be honest. 

*But all irrelevant because we won't sign him.  

Exactly. If he came in and we started winning games he'd be one of the lads in no time. Be on TOWIE with Dack and his missus before we know it.

We won't even express an interest and Warnock will probably sign him because he knows what it takes to get a Club promoted from the Championship.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Was born in Blackburn while his dad was playing for Rovers. Surely bleeds blue and white.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Rathbone

That aside why the f*** are we trying to sign another center mid? 

His dad certainly wasn't playing for us in 1996 ?

Anyway, I'm sure i read he was a Utd fan.

Edited by MarkBRFC

13 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

My own view, pretty much...apart from occasional good games.

Evans to Stoke, Johnson to ...a Burger Bar and Morsy to Ewood  Job done for me.

Dunno, think Johnson has made that move a few hundred times in the last year already and we don't seem to be any better off for it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Loyal lad, isn't he.

That was my first thought. Although tbh one of the reasons he went there was the GK coach who is now at Arsenal, and they'll be getting offered a lot more money than they paid for him, up to a cool 7 million profit (then minus our share) for a year of having him. Good business, they should sell really, and a huge chance for the lad. Not like us, developing him since he was 17 to sell him for 3 million to a league rival...god that was stupid. We could be pocketing in the region of 10 million probably for him now just for holding onto him a season longer, and not had Walton wasting around in the meantime.

Bet Brentford go in for Dillon Phillips to replace him.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Say he goes for 10 million, that is 7 million taken out of our pocket, let alone the points he would've saved us last season.

Such a ridiculous decision to let him go.

Like many others, I felt he cost us too many goals. I thought the decision to sell him was reasonable, based on what I had seen with my own eyes. That was after Steele and before I saw Walton! I did feel the fee was a bit small.

Raya has certainly performed a lot better this last year. Maybe, he has improved with a better defence and better coaching. He has certainly improved. 

A bit galling to see Brentford making all that money on our product, I will concede that.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Say he goes for 10 million, that is 7 million taken out of our pocket, let alone the points he would've saved us last season.

Such a ridiculous decision to let him go.

The player himself requested to leave.

It's hard to keep a player when they ask to leave to be fair bit we sold him for peanuts 

Just now, bluebruce said:

That was my first thought. Although tbh one of the reasons he went there was the GK coach who is now at Arsenal, and they'll be getting offered a lot more money than they paid for him, up to a cool 7 million profit (then minus our share) for a year of having him. Good business, they should sell really, and a huge chance for the lad. Not like us, developing him since he was 17 to sell him for 3 million to a league rival...god that was stupid. We could be pocketing in the region of 10 million probably for him now just for holding onto him a season longer, and not had Walton wasting around in the meantime.

He will be joining Arsenal to sit on the bench though.Martinez been outstanding for Arsenal since Leno got injured but now back fit Martinez being sold and Leno will revert to being number 1 again.

Agree with the rest of your post  we sold for peanuts.