BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18712814.agent-confirms-arsenal-interest-former-rovers-kepeer-raya/

LT article actually says there are reports Brentford have already turned down 10 million for Raya. Which suggests they're looking at 12 or more. Obviously the higher the better for us, although the more he goes for the more it shows up what we sold him for.

Article also points out he is home grown due to how early we brought him to the UK. Which is one of the reasons English players often have a premium.

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Oh for...I can barely be bothered to explain it to you at this point, as much as I appreciate your passion for football and the club. But no, I was referring to your relentless defence of 99.9% of whatever the club and management do, even when it's a blatant fail.

Oh well. Each to their own opinion then. The club does alot of good things and some poor things like policy on potential moving supporters from top tier Jack Walker stand who have sat there for years

22 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I was disgusted with the fees for Cairney, Marshall (though he had started going off the boil really) and Gestede btw if we want to go further back. 

Cairney fair enough

Marshall- 1.5 million pound for a player with 6 months left on his deal. How much do you think we should have got? 

Gestede 6 million. Did nothing after leaving here. So how much do you think we should have got?

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Oh well. Each to their own opinion then. The club does alot of good things and some poor things like policy on potential moving supporters from top tier Jack Walker stand who have sat there for years

Cairney fair enough

Marshall- 1.5 million pound for a player with 6 months left on his deal. How much do you think we should have got? 

Gestede 6 million. Did nothing after leaving here. So how much do you think we should have got?

Each to their own opinion, sure, but yours aren't really opinions unless it's on non-Rovers related football. Yours is a stance. It very, very rarely shifts and I'm sure you're aware of that. The odd token admission of something being wrong doesn't change that.

Marshall, shouldn't have been down to the last 6 months. No asset ever should be. Tbf he was a psychologically unsound player so he didn't go on to much either, at the time I think I was saying 2, 2.5 or so with the contract situation. Definitely a player who squandered his potential though.

Rudy had a lot of bad luck with injury after, but whether he went on to much in a better league isn't as important as the fact he had scored 36 in his last 66, was a good age, was moving to the Prem, and looked every bit as good as RSC in the air. 8 million should have been the bare minimum we accepted. Got relegated the season after he left didn't we? Albeit because of wholesale flogging of talent, not just him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Levy was talking transfers and now twisting his words to suit your opinion. No surprise there

Well.its was yourself who mention Coventry so clearly you think they signed some good players so which of their signings would you want here? 

Some good evasion here. Yes I mentioned Coventry. You said it wasn't a valid comparison despite comparing us to Spurs. As I said before you are allowed to use a comparison but I am not. That seems somewhat biased. It's a question of permissibility of comparisons I have an issue with not the quality. 

I will post what I want. You just want to keep knocking the club daily. 

I really don't want to knock the club, would love for them to be doing a great job. The difference is I'm honest when they don't. 

Also it's super childish to switch to motivations and say I want to knock the club. If my points are invalid show it. My motivations are irrelevant (and you have them wrong too!) However this seems a last desperate attempt to deflect from me highlighting some inconsistencies in your stance. But moving it back from motivation to content none of the inconsistencies I have raised tonight have been answered:

Are hypothetical/potential transfers or attempts allowed - you used them as evidence for your stance but criticised me for doing so. 

Are comparisons with other clubs allowed? The Spurs link is but Coventry isn't. It's these things that are detracting massively from your content. 

• Like 4

Just now, Blue blood said:

Are comparisons with other clubs allowed? The Spurs link is but Coventry isn't. It's these things that are detracting massively from your content. 

But I didnt compare us to Spurs tho so you are wrong but showing what Levy said about transfers and hard they are do..

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hope he enjoyed that Arsenal bench ?

He will.

A couple of years of appearances in early Europa/FA/League cup campaigns and he’ll be pretty much an established PL-level player.

Every chance to thrive working in that environment too.

Good luck to him.

• Like 7

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well Raya knows all about dropping a massive bollock after his one in the Playoff final 

Hahaha yeh, fucking loser, getting a team to a playoff final....oh wait.

Still, it really put off any suitors from bigger clubs...oh wait.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But I didnt compare us to Spurs tho so you are wrong but showing what Levy said about transfers and hard they are do..

Sigh. You compared us to someone - kinda spurs given it was their chairman talking about their experience. (Please, please, please look the words inference and implication up in a dictionary.) But even if it wasn't spurs you have been comparing us to other teams. However when I do it with Coventry it isn't a valid comparison. 

So in short - you compare us to teams and that's ok. I compare us to teams and it's not valid. This is the crux of my issues. 

Same on other threads - coronavirus. You compared us to Brazil and USA, but someone else compares to New Zealand or France isn't allowed or valid. So can we or can't we compare to other countries?

Can you not see the hypocrisy? 

All I am asking for is that the same standards are allowed for both sides of the debate. As it is you dismiss factors when they are against you and yet use them to champion your argument. That isn't fair. It isnt logical. And it really isn't doing you any favours. 

I can't make it much clearer than this. Am sure you will pick on some obscure tangent but i have made my issues very clear. You can't not see the issues I have with your posts. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Probably from this Tweet that...Ratherbone..

20200911_002911.jpg

If it's true, I don't really see the point. It's a position we need real quality in if we recruit, not yet another young talent. Maybe he is that good, and maybe it lets some other young talent go out on loan, but I feel like he would have made more waves by now if that's the case. Still, if he arrives I hope he turns out brilliant, quickly. Hope it doesn't affect our budget for the defence either, but surely it must as it's all one budget.

Preferred the idea of loaning that United youngster. Didn't like it at first, but a few said he was real quality, and I was thinking it might let us loan Buckley to League One or something, giving him or whoever some regular match time experience whilst we improved for a season. This would give us how many CM capable players under 23? They definitely can't all work out.

With all the resources we have put into that area of the pitch and the depth of numbers who do or can play there, a loan of real quality seems the wisest way to recruit there. Unless Rathbone really is the real deal.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Raya knows all about dropping a massive bollock after his one in the Playoff final 

Selling him for £3m will turn out to be one of the worst pieces of business this club has ever done I’m sure of it. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

With Mowbray telling players that they wont get in the team over Williams and Mulgrew still here and Waggott telling them it rains so much in Blackburn, its little wonder that deals arent getting done!

Screenshot_20200911-000117_Chrome.jpg

When they learn they need to jack off Bell to get in the team too, it really isn't a surprise we can't close the deals.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It must be really gutting for you that Raya may be off to Arsenal. Despite the fact it would net us a bit of much needed cash that might be spent on desperately needed transfers, you seem to be really unhappy.

Obviously this is because it would prove to be a massive dropped bollock by Mowbray and the club, and rather than acknowledge that you would rather dig out Raya. It’s as transparent as it is weird

Indeed it is. A lot of history rewriting too, conveniently forgetting that he was dropped for Leutwiler for no apparent reason at the end of his time here. I'd have wanted to leave if I was him based on that alone.

I wasn't shy in saying he'd end up in one of Europe's top leagues within a couple of years after we sold him last season as he had all the attributes to be a top keeper IF well coached. Good luck to him.

• Like 6