BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

And whilst I feel like ranting. What is wrong with the culture around our team.

Your new goalkeeper, only just come to the club, makes a fantastic save. Not one player in the defence, patted him on the back or showed any kind of interest. You can see Kaminski look around expecting some sort of reaction from our defence. I think he even semi-reaches a glove out looking for an acknowledgement. What sort of character do we have on the pitch?

I noticed this as well.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Your new goalkeeper, only just come to the club, makes a fantastic save. Not one player in the defence, patted him on the back or showed any kind of interest. You can see Kaminski look around expecting some sort of reaction from our defence. What sort of character do we have on the pitch?

That's really really bad. Where's this so called team spirit we keep hearing about!?

To be fair though, they've probably forgotten what to do in that situation, it's 18 mths since we last had a goalkeeper pull off a decent save!

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

??? so funny how many are stepping forward now to tell us how distraught they were with Raya’s sale....i do wonder how many would be as quick to nail their colours to this mast if he’d had a shocker and was getting bombed off to League 1..but that’s life! 

No need to Paul, I posted as such so it's there whatever the outcome.

• Like 1

I don't even get the debate on here regards Aynsley Pears.

It's not debatable as to whether he is better than Fisher. He is. Miles ahead of him. He is better with his reflex saves, his handling is better and his diving especially at close range is better. £200,000-£300,000 isn't a lot of money for a talented 22 year old keeper who has experience at this level. What do people on here expect from a second keeper?

Do people want to go into the season knowing that if Kaminski gets injured we will have to play with Fisher as No.1 until January with Jordan Eastham as backup.

Disagree with a lot of what Mowbray has done this summer regards transfers. But this is not a  bad option.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Your new goalkeeper, only just come to the club, makes a fantastic save. Not one player in the defence, patted him on the back or showed any kind of interest. You can see Kaminski look around expecting some sort of reaction from our defence. I think he even semi-reaches a glove out looking for an acknowledgement. What sort of character do we have on the pitch?

Reacted when none of our players went to him when he was down after a collision/kick - wtf

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

It's not debatable as to whether he is better than Fisher. He is. Miles ahead of him. He is better with his reflex saves, his handling is better and his diving especially at close range is better. £200,000-£300,000 isn't a lot of money for a talented 22 year old keeper who has experience at this level. What do people on here expect from a second keeper?

Do people want to go into the season knowing that if Kaminski gets injured we will have to play with Fisher as No.1 until January with Jordan Eastham as backup.

Disagree with a lot of what Mowbray has done this summer regards transfers. But this is not a  bad option.

No one has suggested that we have Fisher as number 2 goalkeeper. I think I am the only one to question the rumour, and my main doubt is whether we should spend a fee of our limited resources on a sub, rather than just picking up a freebie, maybe someone like Rob Elliott. I would be surprised if they sold him for the price you mentioned.

In terms of quality, I am sure he would be fine, although I am not sure that Boro fans are overly arsed that he might be going.

I also would be surprised to see him leave his hometown club where he is sub to come here again to be sub. I doubt we would be giving him a big wage and Kaminski will be here for a couple of years so where is the opportunity for him to play and justify moving? 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No one has suggested that we have Fisher as number 2 goalkeeper. I think I am the only one to question the rumour, and my main doubt is whether we should spend a fee of our limited resources on a sub, rather than just picking up a freebie, maybe someone like Rob Elliott. I would be surprised if they sold him for the price you mentioned.

In terms of quality, I am sure he would be fine, although I am not sure that Boro fans are overly arsed that he might be going.

I also would be surprised to see him leave his hometown club where he is sub to come here again to be sub. I doubt we would be giving him a big wage and Kaminski will be here for a couple of years so where is the opportunity for him to play and justify moving? 

No resale value.

Vastly higher wages.

Would ultimately cost more than Pears over 2 seasons.

41 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Agreed with all your points made above about signing Pears. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

, maybe someone like Rob Elliott.

what would Elliott wages be and surely at his age he wants to play after being at Newcastle not playing for a couple of seasons? Also what was his wages at Newcastle?

Pears is 3rd choice there and Warnock has said he can leave so why stay? 

If he is coming here, he is coming to challenge for the number 1 shirt with Kaminski

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

If you want Cook anywhere near this club you were dropped on your head as a child, more than once. Absolute cretin.

I wouldn't want Cook anywhere near our great club. Can't stand him and should never be in the Rovers manager dugout ever

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

It's not debatable as to whether he is better than Fisher. He is. Miles ahead of him. He is better with his reflex saves, his handling is better and his diving especially at close range is better. £200,000-£300,000 isn't a lot of money for a talented 22 year old keeper who has experience at this level. What do people on here expect from a second keeper?.

A free transfer so that the money can be spent where it is needed most, on the defence. The likes of Luke Steele, Lee Camp, Jordan Archer all have plenty of Championship experience and are available on frees.

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Agreed with all your points made above about signing Pears. 

what would Elliott wages be and surely at his age he wants to play after being at Newcastle not playing for a couple of seasons? Also what was his wages at Newcastle?

Pears is 3rd choice there and Warnock has said he can leave so why stay? 

If he is coming here, he is coming to challenge for the number 1 shirt with Kaminski

I wouldn't want Cook anywhere near our great club. Can't stand him and should never be in the Rovers manager dugout ever

If it was our goalkeeper leaving to go and sit on the bench of another Championship club, I know that your opinion would be vastly different.

Surely Pears would be more desperate to get some game time having had a taste last year. He presumably wont be coming for a big contract here. I think if I was him, I would just run down my contract if the only alternative was to sit on our bench.

Mowbray has already said that Kaminski will be first choice. If Pears comes it will be to warm the bench.

I would be fine if he came but we have more obvious areas in which to spend any limited funds so as long as that isnt affected.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

They’re probably yet to warm to him - very easy to upset the holiday/pal mentality culture here at Rovers. 

Exactly, there's a clique down there that probably follows the established pecking order behind the scenes. Bennett will have to give the nod.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

If it was our goalkeeper leaving to go and sit on the bench of another Championship club, I know that your opinion would be vastly different.

Surely Pears would be more desperate to get some game time having had a taste last year. He presumably wont be coming for a big contract here. I think if I was him, I would just run down my contract if the only alternative was to sit on our bench.

Mowbray has already said that Kaminski will be first choice. If Pears comes it will be to warm the bench.

I would be fine if he came but we have more obvious areas in which to spend any limited funds so as long as that isnt affected.

But Pears is 3rd choice and was only on bench cos of their other keeper injury. 

So does he want to be back playing under 23's football? 

I'm sure he does want play and I would want to play. If he came here he would be challenge for number 1 spot and pushing Kaminski for his spot. Luetwiler never challenge Raya or Walton for the number 1 jersey when here. Pears would IMO. Kaminski might be number 1 at the minute but I want to see number 2 pushing the number 1 for jersey not just happy with sitting on the bench earning a big wages

Also IMO Pears fee and wages would be less than Elliott's wages IMO. Does anyone know what Elliott's wages was at Newcastle?

• Like 1