Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We seemed to specialise in signing players that other clubs didn't want. I'd never heard of Nelsen or Samba before they signed and they turned out to be exceptional bits of business. I also wondered why were signing Friedel when we had two very good keepers in Filan and Kelly at the club. Shows how wrong I was.

Hughes was looking for defence bedrocks. The non flash kind that can serve you well for years becoming the corner stone of your team.

Now the emphasis just seems to be find one under a million who'll have resale value. 

Priorities are all wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@chaddyrovers surely you will retract your point in regards to Quarantine now Mowbray agrees with me?

“The bottom line is that if you’re signing a footballer and he’s coming for two or three years you don’t worry about two weeks, if there’s two weeks quarantine then he has to quarantine," Mowbray told the Lancashire Telegraph. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@chaddyrovers surely you will retract your point in regards to Quarantine now Mowbray agrees with me?

“The bottom line is that if you’re signing a footballer and he’s coming for two or three years you don’t worry about two weeks, if there’s two weeks quarantine then he has to quarantine," Mowbray told the Lancashire Telegraph. 

?

Over to you caddy.........

?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He can't have been very interested in coming in the first place then.

Will still be very surprised indeed if that one happens.

You have a job offer agreed but someone comes in with a better pay packet what do you do?

Ayala isn't a Blackburn Rovers supporter like you and I, it is his profession and he got a better offer doesn't mean he wasn't that interested in signing in the first place, he had agreed terms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You have a job offer agreed but someone comes in with a better pay packet what do you do?

Ayala isn't a Blackburn Rovers supporter like you and I, it is his profession and he got a better offer doesn't mean he wasn't that interested in signing in the first place, he had agreed terms.

I know if he isn't a Rovers fan but if I was previously happy with the overall package of moving to Blackburn Rovers it would have to be a very lucrative counter offer indeed that blew my existing offer completely out of the water to make me change my mind at that late stage. We ihave no idea f that's actually the case or not

It's not like he's got a late offer from The Premier League or La Liga or anything so like I say it doesn't exactly scream commitment on his part. I still can't see it happening.

If I was the Club and we were contemplating off ering a player that age a deal which stretched or possibly broke our wage structure I'd now be looking at it with a degree of caution as well if he came back to us simply because his other deal had broken down.

You never know but I can't see it happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Hughes was looking for defence bedrocks. The non flash kind that can serve you well for years becoming the corner stone of your team.

Now the emphasis just seems to be find one under a million who'll have resale value. 

Priorities are all wrong.

You wouldn't describe either of Samba or Nelsen as wonderful footballers in terms of ball playing technique but if you were looking for a pair of centre backs who can get a head or boot to every ball that came their way, that would fling their bodies in the way of every shot, and could find the nearest blue and white shirt with the ball they were your men. What we wouldn't give to find two equally unlikely signings now, or an Aaron Mokoena. Either of those legends would be worth two of the lad we had on loan from City last season in terms of simple defending.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I know if he isn't a Rovers fan but if I was previously happy with the overall package of moving to Blackburn Rovers it would have to be a very lucrative counter offer indeed that blew my existing offer completely out of the water to make me change my mind at that late stage. We ihave no idea f that's actually the case or not

It's not like he's got a late offer from The Premier League or La Liga or anything so like I say it doesn't exactly scream commitment on his part. I still can't see it happening.

If I was the Club and we were contemplating off ering a player that age a deal which stretched or possibly broke our wage structure I'd now be looking at it with a degree of caution as well if he came back to us simply because his other deal had broken down.

You never know but I can't see it happening.

Yeah I'm not saying the deal is likely to happen I have no idea on that.

But to get him interested in a move to Saudi in the first place you would have to presume he was being offered a very lucrative deal.

Would be a very good singing if his move to Saudi has broken down for whatever reason.I wouldnt have any concerns going back to him if a deal can be done 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Re: Ayala, hope it's a case of:

Agreed terms with Blackburn, great!

Oh, Saudi club are offering double? Might as well see what it's like.

Ugh, no thanks. Blackburn it is!

Shame for him is that making that choice he has incurred a 2 week long quarantine if he comes back to the UK.

In other news, Mowbray, who see's no hurry in the transfer market and following through with players has only had 17 players in training for the Newcastle United match.

Remember, most of these players are going to have to play the next Championship game as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

Shame for him is that making that choice he has incurred a 2 week long quarantine if he comes back to the UK.

In other news, Mowbray, who see's no hurry in the transfer market and following through with players has only had 17 players in training for the Newcastle United match.

Remember, most of these players are going to have to play the next Championship game as well.

Why can’t we get a few more of the under 23s involved for tomorrow’s squad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This managers sees no urgency in anything at all that's why we constantly end up hamstrung in certain positions. A few knocks or lengthy injuries and we are up the creek this season yet he slumps back into his chair with his cup of tea.

 

Never forget the lemon drizzle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This managers sees no urgency in anything at all that's why we constantly end up hamstrung in certain positions. A few knocks or lengthy injuries and we are up the creek this season yet he slumps back into his chair with his cup of tea.

 

He’s certainly not been great since the tail end of last season, but it’s certain to say we’re a Lenihan injury away from being up it without a paddle! I’d even expect the same lack of urgency in the market if it did happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Why can’t we get a few more of the under 23s involved for tomorrow’s squad?

We are letting them play the u23s game instead. Including Davenport, which is baffling to me, especially since Johnson is out with injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If any truth to these Garner rumours surely be looking to loan out Davenport or sell him .

Be a shame as he hasn't had much of an opportunity, he did well at Burton the matches I seen and has shown a bit of promise the few chances he has had here, but must be well out of the picture if he isn't being given a chance against Newcastle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If any truth to these Garner rumours surely be looking to loan out Davenport or sell him .

Be a shame as he hasn't had much of an opportunity, he did well at Burton the matches I seen and has shown a bit of promise the few chances he has had here, but must be well out of the picture if he isn't being given a chance against Newcastle

With Mowbray's virtual 5 man midfield, I'm still of the belief we are 1 man short.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am surprised by Davenport too. I think he's decent. Johnson and Evans have qualities but are not going to last all season. I would imagine that Travis, Johnson, Evans, Davenport will get rotated in the flanking two CM "water carrier" roles, while Holtby and Buckley will share the central playmaker CM role.

If we are playing high pressing those flanking roles are going to be really really intense as they are asked to cover a lot of ground. If you run out of legs there to whole system falls apart.

I can see a fair bit of rotation as we play Saturday/Tuesday a lot.

Edited by joey_big_nose
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • J*B unpinned this topic
  • Herbie6590 unfeatured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.