19 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

I notice Ayala hasn't played since  1st Jan. Has he been injured ? 

Initially looked up Ruben Ayala who hasn't played since 1984!

He refused to sign a disclaimer without a new contract that would have left him screwed signing for a new club after his contract with Boro expired.

They basically wanted him to play with no protection should he be injured playing for them.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do we know there is no urgency? 3 years ago.. Back 4 v Southend 2017 Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams,    All 4 players still at the club and 3 nailed on to start ag

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historic

Don't take it personally. He might have had a drink. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

ROVERS:
Better League Position
Better First XI
Higher Market Value
Better Young Players
Higher Youth Ranking / Facilities

BORO:
Better Manager

Better first 11 in your opinion. I'd say it's pretty even

Higher market value in your opinion but no one can say for certain unless the players are sold, as a player is only worth what a club are willing to pay.

Better league position is academic now as the season has ended, but I don't think that finishing above them by 6 positions for the first time in years classes as being in a significantly better position. 

It depends what you define as a young player? I'd define a young player as 21 and under in which case again I would say it is even. But if you class 22-23 year olds like Nyambe, Travis and Armstrong as youngsters then I would say we do have the slight edge.

Middlesbrough's academy like ours is category one so they are both on a par. Although Middlesbrough have certainly made more in player sales from their academy than we have in recent years. They got £15 Million for Gibson 2 years ago it been nearly a decade since we got that sort of money for a player from our academy.  In fact since we sold Jones we haven't made £15 Million altogether on academy players never mind just one. 

One thing is for certain in no area are we in a significantly better position than Middlesbrough and one plus you forgot to add for them was that they have a sensible and reliable owner.

2 minutes ago, RovingRover said:

We have Lenihan, Travis, Buckley, Costello and Nyambe.

No i know, I was just backing up Ewood Ace regarding his comments on the comparison. Boro have a good academy too although I would probably favour our graduates at this moment. Buckley and Rankin Costello have not really established themself in the starting 11 at any point but hopefully will at some stage and the other 3 are very important to us.

47 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'm deaf myself :) Deaf services have been stripped to the bone by Conservative austerity policy, with Deaf and SEN Schools closing, and even the century+ old East Lancs Deaf Society closing its doors last year.

Deaf children need help now more than ever, lest they get left behind by lack of access to education.

/preach

Great cause. Shame it won't make any money out of this board membership though, as I'm with JoeH!

I'll chip in a fiver though too at the end of the season if Boro finish above us. In return, can you agree likewise for Alzheimer's Society? No worries if not as I realise it's likely to get expensive for you!!

?

54 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'm deaf myself :) Deaf services have been stripped to the bone by Conservative austerity policy, with Deaf and SEN Schools closing, and even the century+ old East Lancs Deaf Society closing its doors last year.

Deaf children need help now more than ever, lest they get left behind by lack of access to education.

/preach

Brilliant, I think I'll make a donation now. Bet still on though matey! :) 

1 minute ago, alex l said:

Whilst brought in for the U23s, doesnt Dolan count as a summer transfer, given the impact he has already made on the first team squad?

given TM admitted he’d never seen the player play or heard his name, it would be very generous to let it count

Just now, JoeH said:

given TM admitted he’d never seen the player play or heard his name, it would be very generous to let it count

True, but he ultimately ok'd it and has the trust in the U23 set up to go with their recommendation. it's also his decision to give the lad his chance and debut with the first team. From some comments I seem to recall, some appear unwilling to give him any credit for his handling of the young players. 

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The difference though is:

Warnock acknowledges the need for reinforcements. 

Mowbray seemingly doesn't see the urgency.

Edit: "Warlock" Lol. Bloody predictive text. Maybe that's how he gets them in.

Warnock has been there 5 minutes.

Mowbray has had 5 windows.

6 minutes ago, alex l said:

Whilst brought in for the U23s, doesnt Dolan count as a summer transfer, given the impact he has already made on the first team squad?

No he doesn't the summer window didn't open until 27th July, Dolan signed on a free on July 1st.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

Agreed, if both Ayala and Cunningham come here, with Kaminski thrown in too, it's one of our better windows in recent history. Big IFS though.

Told today that this is the plan, both being worked on. Optimistic.

Ayala deal didn't happen originally because Waggott and Mowbray think that if a player/agent tries to negotiate during contract "negotiations", then they have a bad attitude and get blue balled. (*Agent was also originally asking daft money/bonuses*)

Rovers are being very "take it or leave it" with contracts apparently this past couple of years... hence the amount of "near misses" we have experienced (Bauer, Reed, McGinn, Kipre etc).

?

9 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Told today that this is the plan, both being worked on. Optimistic.

Ayala deal didn't happen originally because Waggott and Mowbray think that if a player/agent tries to negotiate during contract "negotiations", then they have a bad attitude and get blue balled. (*Agent was also originally asking daft money/bonuses*)

Rovers are being very "take it or leave it" with contracts apparently this past couple of years... hence the amount of "near misses" we have experienced (Bauer, Reed, McGinn, Kipre etc).

?

Based on the 4 names there that we've missed, it sounds like a terrible way to operate.