BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Torgeir said:

He's a bit too injury prone to warrant a 3 year contract at this stage but beggars can't be choosers. 2+1 would have been ideal.

Need a left back and a centre mid, and we're set.

Hopefully the medical was clean, Different training methods and better facilities might change the injury status 

52 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

With our recent experiences of "closing deals" i find it mental that people are openly saying we're close/going to sign Ayala. Balls of steel if you ask me ha. Don't believe anything until the club announce he's signed.

IF we get it over the line I have a funny feeling we have Mrs’ Ayala to thank. And perhaps Mrs’ Mowbray’s lemon drizzle too.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Glass ankles apparently and 'no legs'....according to twitterati anyway in reply to the Nixon link above...

Quite a high risk move for us financially I'd say given his likely wage, potential fragility and age, the Nixon tweet above would suggest Ayala wasn't happy with the deal we offered him originally, perhaps he's getting another year. I was told Grant Hanley wanted a 3 year deal twelve months ago but apparently the owners would only sanction 2 years.

Sounds like we've gone back to the owners for permission to push the boat out on this one to me. Let's see if it comes off.

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Quite a high risk move for us financially I'd say given his likely wage, potential fragility and age, the Nixon tweet above would suggest Ayala wasn't happy with the deal we offered him originally, perhaps he's getting another year. I was told Grant Hanley wanted a 3 year deal twelve months ago but apparently the owners would only sanction 2 years.

Sounds like we've gone back to the owners for permission to push the boat out on this one to me. Let's see if it comes off.

Yup, sounds as though we've probably given him an extra year.

For what it's worth, I thought I'd ask Rich Sharpe on twitter if there was any indication we'd improved terms. He suspects there's no wiggle room on the wages, so likely an extra year to entice him in. Not too adverse to that as he'll be 32 in 3 years. So still has some left in the tank you'd hope. 

To be fair, we've needed an experienced head back there for a while now. And some experience for the likes of Wharton and Magloire to learn from can't be bad. 

Edited by Traviscon