BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 hours ago, Traviscon said:

I don't know what they're paying at QPR, but I wonder if there's any chance we could nab Ryan Manning off them. 

I know he's been linked with some PL and Championship clubs, but there's been no movement yet. 

He's been frozen out at QPR, due to the contract stand off. Best as a left back and also decent playing left midfield. 

Very good shout. We made a bid for Manning last summer which was laughed out of the building by QPR. I don't know his current situation, but if he has been frozen out there's a possibility of us going in for him again no. One to keep an eye on maybe.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Very good shout. We made a bid for Manning last summer which was laughed out of the building by QPR. I don't know his current situation, but if he has been frozen out there's a possibility of us going in for him again no. One to keep an eye on maybe.

If this is true then I can definitely see manning being TM’s number one target which we are hoping to get. Would be a great signing if so.

• Like 2

Yup, would take Manning in a heartbeat. That said, i would take a cardboard cutout from the terraces in a heartbeat over Bell right now. Seriously our weak link at the back now.

So he believes we 3 or 4 short of challenging. a LB, backup keeper, CM and Forward? Then possibly another CB if Williams leaves? 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

No idea of his value but the lad Pickering at Crewe looks a decent shout.

Harry Pickering has just signed a new long term contract there at Crewe

12 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

less than 12 months left on his contract. 

Really hoping this is our number 1 target

1 minute ago, TheWeasel said:

This is doing the rounds, does anyone actually know our sell on fee for Raya?

9BA731E7-5DB0-4A89-A2C2-F83276E14AAB.jpeg

Reports range from 10% of profit, to 20%.

Brentford have played a blinder if it's true and they get 15 million plus get to loan him back. I'm not sure what that achieves for Arsenal though since they're in for him cos they're looking for a backup keeper. Then again there was a report they were getting some other guy for 2 mill, so maybe the idea is that guy fills the gap for a year. If they pull it off they're definitely showing us again how you do business on an asset.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Reports range from 10% of profit, to 20%.

Brentford have played a blinder if it's true and they get 15 million plus get to loan him back. I'm not sure what that achieves for Arsenal though since they're in for him cos they're looking for a backup keeper. Then again there was a report they were getting some other guy for 2 mill, so maybe the idea is that guy fills the gap for a year. If they pull it off they're definitely showing us again how you do business on an asset.

500% increase in value in a year. We've done well there.

28 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

He played a League Cup game for them on the 5th, and scored. Left out of the league opener though and their manager apparently saying he won't play him til the contract is sorted (I don't see a direct quote on that though, looks like inference) and that there's no breakdown in relationship with the player.

Seems to have only ever done about half a season of games with QPR until last season, when he notched 5 and got 5 assists in 35 assists from LB, with another 2 assists from 5 games at LW. Would be great to have a goal threat from the flank like that, and if he can defend even a bit better than Bell, which shouldn't be hard, it would be a huge upgrade. Wondering a little why he doesn't seem to have any ROI caps if he's that good though, something our own Del has managed 

God knows what QPR or the player want, sounds like a budget stretcher if he is someone we want. Be worth it at this stage. Of course its entirely speculation at this point before anybody gets carried away or asks why we are talking about him.

2 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Hasn't happened yet, could all be BS. I'd far rather Josh King got on his bike ffs.

Not sure why that deal is dragging out so much. 15 mill or so isn't that much these days for a Prem side, let alone the likes of Manure and AC Milan, to pay for an experienced Prem striker at 28 years old. You have to think if any of the big clubs really wanted him he would be there now. They're probably either not interested or looking at other targets first. We could definitely use a few million from that one.

4 hours ago, Traviscon said:

I don't know what they're paying at QPR, but I wonder if there's any chance we could nab Ryan Manning off them. 

I know he's been linked with some PL and Championship clubs, but there's been no movement yet. 

He's been frozen out at QPR, due to the contract stand off. Best as a left back and also decent playing left midfield. 

Great shout mate

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not sure why that deal is dragging out so much. 15 mill or so isn't that much these days for a Prem side, let alone the likes of Manure and AC Milan, to pay for an experienced Prem striker at 28 years old. You have to think if any of the big clubs really wanted him he would be there now. They're probably either not interested or looking at other targets first. We could definitely use a few million from that one.

Bournemouth are probably holding off till toward the end of the window when a team might panic and pay a bit more for him, reportedly a few teams interested.No doubt he will leave before the window closes

Reading a bit more on Manning's situation, it very much sounds like if Manning and Osayi-Samuel don't agree contracts, they'll be sold this window. Manning has been in the process of changing agents and his new representatives haven't held formal talks with QPR yet - as of 6 days ago.

Manning sounds plausible. Esp. since we bid for him in January according to this:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-blackburn-made-deadline-day-bid-to-sign-qpr-23-yr-old/

Not sure if we can afford him though. Have been linked with West Ham and is highly rated. Some suggest he is aiming for a Premier move, which also makes it hard to think we can meet his wage demands.

Edited by briansol
  • Like 1

A lot of talk going on here tonight makes good reading to bring in quality players especially "if" existing budgets are increased with potential sell-on fees from Raya and King. Just hope whoever has authorisation at the club is local and we don't miss out due to time a lag with India. 

• Like 1