BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

You’ve got to think that now we’ve signed Ayala, he sees Williams as cover for both left and centre half maybe?! But if Ayala/Lenihan miss a game the same time as Bell, we’d be looking at a defence of JRC/Nyambe Lenihan Wharton Williams which makes me feel ever so slightly ill.

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18733710.mowbray-manning-interest-rovers-transfer-latest/

“I know exactly to the penny how much money we’ve got, it’s either a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I am not sure we’re going to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we’ve got Amari’i Bell doing okay."

For fucks sake! Sounds like we are skint and that he is deluded over the lack of quality of Amarii Bell. 

Mowbray mentioned a meeting on Thursday. Sounds like it didnt go too well!

We see in the coming days and weeks. I think Mowbray is not giving everything away and keeping his cards close to chest. 

We deffo need a left back. and centre back if Williams moves on. Plus a back up keeper

Just now, Stuart said:

There will always be one worst player. I’m just glad it’s no longer Jason Lowe.

Bell has struggled to adapt to the Championship. He just seems to lack confidence. His final ball is always awful or doesn’t even take place.

The trick is not to upgrade on your worst players though, it’s to upgrade on your best ones so by default the worst ones ease themselves out of contention.

Understand all that you’re saying...but Bell NEEDS replacing. Simple as that.

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We see in the coming days and weeks. I think Mowbray is not giving everything away and keeping his cards close to chest. 

We deffo need a left back. and centre back if Williams moves on. Plus a back up keeper

The lack of money always seemed to be the thing to expect so to be honest I am not shocked that it seems like Thursdays meeting on transfers has only compounded the fact that we are searching for bargains. 

But Mowbrays talk about left back not being the main priority is the big concern. Bell is and always will be not up to it. We do also need a sub keeper, a central midfielder and another attacking player.

It doesnt seem like anything is imminent which considering that Mowbray said 2 days ago that he expected an answer on a left back within 24 hours is a concern.

• Like 1

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Why would he do that when he was pictured with Waggott at the ground having completed a new business partnership with the club?

Perfect time to claim a ‘source’... no?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

The lack of money always seemed to be the thing to expect so to be honest I am not shocked that it seems like Thursdays meeting on transfers has only compounded the fact that we are searching for bargains. 

But Mowbrays talk about left back not being the main priority is the big concern. Bell is and always will be not up to it. We do also need a sub keeper, a central midfielder and another attacking player.

It doesnt seem like anything is imminent which considering that Mowbray said 2 days ago that he expected an answer on a left back within 24 hours is a concern.

who knows what was discussed in Thursday meeting. Is Mowbray using the media to ask like the club is skint to get clubs to lower their demands. who knows. 

We need a left back and back up keeper. But after that I am happy with the squad unless someone leaves. Yes I have mention Josh Cullen from West Ham recently but thats was a discussion about potential midfielder signing if we could after signing Left back and back up keeper plus me not in favour of signing Ben Whiteman for the fee Doncaster they want. I am happy with the forward options

who knows what is imminent or not with Rovers. Maybe Rovers don't want leaks to happen. We could make a signing Monday or Tuesday. Who knows

A couple of weeks ago it was claimed that we were after another GK, two CBs, another LB and hopefully also another CM and RB. That's 4 additions hopefully up to 6.

Since then we've signed Ayala. An admittedly impressive signing i didn't expect us to manage to pull off. But nobody else.

Now Mowbray is talking about choosing between 1 permanent signing or a couple of loans. Quite a way off the 4-6 incomings mentioned. Also making one more permanent signing with the budget doesn't quite stack up with the 'dominoes' talk after the Tuesday Ayala announcement.

So either Mowbray is being very canny with his comments and there's more up his sleeve, or he's been having us on with his earlier comments, or he's blown nearly all the budget on one good CB at the expense of other positions.

We will find out but there's something that doesn't add up.

• Like 4

Just now, JHRover said:

A couple of weeks ago it was claimed that we were after another GK, two CBs, another LB and hopefully also another CM and RB. That's 4 additions hopefully up to 6.

Since then we've signed Ayala. An admittedly impressive signing i didn't expect us to manage to pull off. But nobody else.

Now Mowbray is talking about choosing between 1 permanent signing or a couple of loans. Quite a way off the 4-6 incomings mentioned. Also making one more permanent signing with the budget doesn't quite stack up with the 'dominoes' talk after the Tuesday Ayala announcement.

So either Mowbray is being very canny with his comments and there's more up his sleeve, or he's been having us on with his earlier comments, or he's blown nearly all the budget on one good CB at the expense of other positions.

It's not the first time that recruitment expectations have steadily dwindled through the course of the window, but I think you're right. Something isn't quite adding up. Whether it's a reliance on King, Raya or Williams being sold, the financial people changing their minds as covid cases rise again, Ayala costing a bomb, the self-confessed 'poor negotiator' strategically downplaying our actual financial muscle, some combination of these, or something else entirely, the picture has changed quite quickly even by our usual standards.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Stuart said:

There will always be one worst player. I’m just glad it’s no longer Jason Lowe.

Bell has struggled to adapt to the Championship. He just seems to lack confidence. His final ball is always awful or doesn’t even take place.

The trick is not to upgrade on your worst players though, it’s to upgrade on your best ones so by default the worst ones ease themselves out of contention.

Agree and disagree i think he now has the opportunity to make a big step forwards with replacing Bell. He has money and is pitching left backs but is it just because we are short rather than to upgrade ?

These are the kind of things that can make a difference so if your better players have a good season they aren't being let down by the usual weak points. He's the weakest one if Mowbray bottles it in favour of back up players he'll get pelters again when it goes wrong. I pray he doesn't over think this one and convince himself we'll get by with Bell and a loaned back up.

These are the differences Tony don't fluff it.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Perhaps this is his version of negotiating to bring the price of our targets down. Can't see it myself, he's more of a 'say what you see' kinda guy. 

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You can be assured what any of them say in public is vastly different to the conversations and actions going on behind the scenes

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

There are no sources anymore in this circus. I used to get regular info and its long gone. Anything now is half arsed guess work.

It wasn't a good time when the club was leaking info like a colander to be honest.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I stopped last season for same reason, it’s a thankless task and the hassle isn’t worth it. I appreciate info and know very well that things are more likely to go tits up than fall into place. Some folk just like being negative 

Never understood the pitch forks mentality when people's info doesn't pan out.  It's a message board not a court room under oath.

Without a bit of input there'd be nowt to get wound  up about.

I know some of the replies are tongue in cheek and that's fair enough but basically accusing people of making stuff up for a bit of attention is just weird.

Keep posting any info for those of us that can cope with a bit of bar room gossip?

Anyway, I'll leave it there.  I'm off to stalk that **** Madon seeing as Assambalonga still hasn't rocked up.?

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
  • Like 7

56 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Look, people can criticise, mock and disbelieve. I think going forward I’ll be saying nothing, people love to shut down anyone who shares anything they’ve heard.

I get why people can feel conned, but I only posted what I’d been told. I don’t take any enjoyment from transfers being delayed, transfers going wrong or being given false info, I don’t know why people think that would be done from posters purposefully.

I was extremely careful only to share what I knew/was told and nothing more, I never gave a name because I didn’t know one. I’ll be saying nothing more on it, and anyone else who feels like having a jibe or a dig can cope with being ignored.

Something I actually agree with you on. You only shared what you were told from somebody else. Not your fault and there is no smoke without fire anyway, something must have happened as it was not only you that that mentioned something. Wigglebum did too. 

Besides, transfer threads would be a bit boring without a bit of gossip.

• Like 2