5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agreed, and journalists dont seem to have directly followed it up. I think the meeting on Thursday went badly.

I don't understand why no journo didn't directly ask the question after the game today "What happened to the one that was due to give us a decision on Friday". 

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do we know there is no urgency? 3 years ago.. Back 4 v Southend 2017 Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams,    All 4 players still at the club and 3 nailed on to start ag

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historic

Don't take it personally. He might have had a drink. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We seem to fall at the final hurdle on many transfers which no doubt stems from our sh*t show of a set up behind the scenes. 

All the signs seemed to be positive with lots of well connected people saying a deal was done. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant see that being true, Fleetwood wont be able to pay much of his wages anyway with the new rules. 

Yep 2.5k p/w at the absolute maximum. Although as has been pointed out, loan fees can be used to get around that. They're hardly flush though surely.

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think the hold up is with getting wages off our wage bill. Mulgrew was set to join Fleetwood (Twitter rumour) but that still hasn’t gone through. 

Just put him in a large bin bag with some bricks and I'll throw him in the canal at Eanam with a few lads if he's holding things up 

Just now, bluebruce said:

Yep 2.5k p/w at the absolute maximum. Although as has been pointed out, loan fees can be used to get around that. They're hardly flush though surely.

Yeah, I cant see that being critical to a new signing. I just dont think that a deal has been done or is imminent.

I think Armstrong has added another 5m to his value already this season. And Dolan is a gift from the gods, he is valuable already. Potential Cashback on Raya, and the long awaited Josh King money hopefully. We have added to asset column, and should have some unexpected revenue shortly.

I really think this team is close to being top 6 material. Sign Manning, and loan a GK and quality CM from somewhere. If there is ever a time to go for it Venkys, this is it.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

source Lancs Live website. From Mowbray during his post match interview

Is there anything you can tell us on Ryan Manning?

"No. That's a name you've just thrown at me. It's not true. I think Ryan Manning is a very good footballer, I imagine QPR are not going to let him walk away.

"We haven't got any money to buy anybody. How much is Ryan Manning going to cross? If you're going to buy a player, you have to buy the player and then you have to give him a salary.

"So I would say there is enough money to buy one player who can help us to get to where we want to be or we could loan two or three players and use that money as salary, which just becomes dead money at your club at the end of the year.

"Our decision is ultimately whether to loan some players who are going to help us in a one-off season or are we going to buy one player who can be ours?

"But then we've got more than one position that we feel we need to strengthen or cover, it's a difficult conundrum for us, somewhere along the line we'll see what falls in place.

"If not, you saw the team today, there is a lot of young players who are doing the job. How young is that team today? It's a pretty young group of footballers who are trying their best and yet I know, and maybe you know as well, that it's very difficult to maintain consistency with seven or eight U23 players in your team all season.

"We would like to strengthen in certain areas or cover in certain areas because we know the games are going to come thick and fast.

"I know exactly to the penny how much we've got but it's probably a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I'm not sure I'd want to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we've got Amari'i Bell doing ok, so there's other areas I feel we need to strengthen first."

I would like to know which positions he needs to strengthen 1st before left back, unless Lewis Hardcastle is the plan/  EBenno is a decent  filler in at various positions but please not left back.  We appear to have cover everywhere apart from in goal and left back!

10 minutes ago, pjt said:

I would like to know which positions he needs to strengthen 1st before left back, unless Lewis Hardcastle is the plan/  EBenno is a decent  filler in at various positions but please not left back.  We appear to have cover everywhere apart from in goal and left back!

Hardcastle????

15 minutes ago, pjt said:

Any semi decent reporter would have asked him to elaborate on the priority position. Lancs live is a real crock of shite 

11 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

However a huge part of that has to be down to the shock that has been Dolan. Now he seems special!

If he scores the winner at Deepdale he'll be a legend at 18!

Seriously what were Preston thinking of?

Edited by 47er
3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Starts to a season like this are a double edged sword. Im sure those in Pune will be looking at us and say "why do you want X million, you just battered Wycombe 5-0".

Yeah Venkys. Always there in your mind aren't they?

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Starts to a season like this are a double edged sword. Im sure those in Pune will be looking at us and say "why do you want X million, you just battered Wycombe 5-0".

Under normal ownership, I'd say that was true. 

I'd be shocked to hear they even knew we were playing today. 

1 hour ago, pjt said:

Thompson you mean?

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he cant get a sniff of the first team with Bell repeatedly struggling and last season with Rankin Costello and Bennett shoehorned in due to lack of alternatives, I cant see why that would change anytime soon.

He played extremely well last night in our U23 victory and even scored. 

1 minute ago, Vilesinner said:

He played extremely well last night in our U23 victory and even scored. 

U23 is not the same as competitive league football, but my comment was not specifically about him as I have never seen him, I just think considering our problems in that position and his inability to ever make a squad, it is safe to say that he wont be in the managers thoughts in the near future.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

U23 is not the same as competitive league football, but my comment was not specifically about him as I have never seen him, I just think considering our problems in that position and his inability to ever make a squad, it is safe to say that he wont be in the managers thoughts in the near future.

The fact that Pike (the U23 RB) has played in pre-season and Thompson hasn't suggests they don't rate him unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I think quite the opposite. Tony seems to be now thinking LB is not a priority signing now unfortunately.