BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Didnt you say last week that you wanted Cullen from West Ham?

I suggest Cullen if Mowbray wanted one but I stated that I felt we didn't need one in my opinion and funds should be going towards a first choice left back and back up keeper

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No different from people claiming when BB looked like a disaster that he was "a project signing" foisted upon an unwilling TM by the owners against his wishes.

Now he is showing signs of promise he will no doubt become the manager's man and a stroke of genius all along!

Yeah i see that. To be fair to BB he has looked like a decent player recently and if he can add goals to his tally then he may be classed as a successful signing ...big if...

22 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Yeah i see that. To be fair to BB he has looked like a decent player recently and if he can add goals to his tally then he may be classed as a successful signing ...big if...

I hope so, I've always said I can glimpse a bit of a player in BB trying to get out but he does need to stop falling over the ball in front of an empty net etc when he gets an opening.

I get no such sense watching Gallagher. If he re-emerges from injury as a 20 goal a season striker it's time to get the men in the white coats and drag me away. ?

2 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

We going to ignore the global pandemic that might be affecting some things at the moment?

I'm not ignoring it.

I wouldn't have put prices up by 15 - 25 % in the middle of the same nor waited until it looked almost inevitable that further local restrictions were coming in to put them on sale!

• Like 5

As regards the transfer window, on the basis that any midfielder coming in at this stage would probably only be a squad member  as opposed to an automatic starter,  I'd rather see Buckley and even Davenport get a chance than be pushed still further down the pecking order.

We do need a quality LB though. Back up keeper you could probably get away without, but you are taking a gamble that Kaminski won't pick up a serious injury.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If Waggott had been sent in to deliberately wreck the Club, he really couldn't have done a better job than that.

Eh? Am I missing something here? What more can they do but to offer season tickets for £399 with 30 efl passes included worth £300 and £170 worth of refunds on next seasons ticket cost?

Effectively getting £470 worth of value for £399 AND supporting your club in the meantime...they even let you pay monthly...seems more than fair to me?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? Am I missing something here? What more can they do but to offer season tickets for £399 with 30 efl passes included worth £300 and £170 worth of refunds on next seasons ticket cost?

Effectively getting £470 worth of value for £399 AND supporting your club in the meantime...they even let you pay monthly...seems more than fair to me?

They always let you pay monthly, thats hardly them going the extra mile. And the proportion of the season ticket that is free as a result of buying at all at once is far less than normal.

But surely you can accept that putting prices UP at a point when people are struggling financially and the product is weaker and more uncertain is senseless. Factor in putting them on sale so late and you have the piss poor sales figures we have seen.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They always let you pay monthly, thats hardly them going the extra mile. And the proportion of the season ticket that is free as a result of buying at all at once is far less than normal.

But surely you can accept that putting prices UP at a point when people are struggling financially and the product is weaker and more uncertain is senseless. Factor in putting them on sale so late and you have the piss poor sales figures we have seen.

Nah that’s just a load of waffle for me. Mines gone up what £20 for the year? Could the deal have come out quicker? Yeah I guess it could....but people are making out like they’ve REALLY let us down.

When you put it together, it’s not a bad deal at all.

My view on those debating - stop whinging, Get your hands in your pockets and support your club. Worst case scenario you watch 30 games online and get £170 off next seasons ticket price. ??‍♂️

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

My view on those debating - stop whinging, Get your hands in your pockets and support your club. Worst case scenario you watch 30 games online and get £170 of next seasons ticket price. ??‍♂️

No doubt you are going to offset that at least some of that £170 by putting prices up again next season Steve. 

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

No doubt you are going to offset that at least some of that £170 by putting prices up again next season Steve. 

Maybe they will mate, who knows? Historically they’ve been pretty fair with ticket prices but someone has to pay the bill and tbf it’s not been the supporters so far has it? 

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Maybe they will mate, who knows? Historically they’ve been pretty fair with ticket prices but someone has to pay the bill and tbf it’s not been the supporters so far has it? 

The supporters have just had to sit through the misery of your mates accumulating the debt taking and bringing a lower standard of football to the club. Since they turned up everything at the club has gone down except the prices which only go up.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Nah that’s just a load of waffle for me. Mines gone up what £20 for the year? Could the deal have come out quicker? Yeah I guess it could....but people are making out like they’ve REALLY let us down.

When you put it together, it’s not a bad deal at all.

My view on those debating - stop whinging, Get your hands in your pockets and support your club. Worst case scenario you watch 30 games online and get £170 off next seasons ticket price. ??‍♂️

With such an insulting attitude towards people as if they have £400, a price rise for an inferior product, just waiting in their pocket regardless of affordability or value. I can only presume that your ignorance stems from doing very well for yourself and not appreciating that others might not be.

I have bought mine but am not crass enough to be so derogatory towards those who either are put out by the price rise in line with an unavoidably inferior product. Or in extreme cases like chaddy, cannot justify such a price on ifollow links having been made redundant. As loyal a fan as youll find.

With quotes like "stop whinging, get your hands in your pocket and support your club" its little wonder that you have been accused of being an employee of the coub in the past. Theres nothing we can do, the responsibility is all yours regardless of what we do. You also repeatedly tell us that Venkys will write any cheques, surely theres no need to put prices up?

Even if the club shares your view that value shouldnt come into it and we should pay regardless, that doesnt work practically. Putting prices up when the product quality goes down makes no sense.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

The supporters have just had to sit through the misery of your mates accumulating the debt taking and bringing a lower standard of football to the club.

Yes mate. They’ve been terrible. There’s no more negative adjectives that I can say to describe their tenure that haven’t already been said. 

But it’s your club. Our club. We’ll still be here long after Swag, Mowbray and Venkys...so collect your toys, stick your bottom lip back in and support your club in its hour of need. 

• Like 2

Not seeing value in something that has gone up to 400 quid during a tough economic climate in which people have been made redundant and furloughed is throwing toys out of the pram and sticking out your bottom lip!

The club is not a charity. In tough times the loyalty goes both ways. Price rises for an inferior product and then guilt tripping isnt wise as has been proven.

If the season tickets went to 1 grand, would the same flawed logic apply? 2 grand?

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

With such an insulting attitude towards people as if they have £400, a price rise for an inferior product, just waiting in their pocket regardless of affordability or value. I can only presume that your ignorance stems from doing very well for yourself and not appreciating that others might not be.

I have bought mine but am not crass enough to be so derogatory towards those who either are put out by the price rise in line with an unavoidably inferior product. Or in extreme cases like chaddy, cannot justify such a price on ifollow links having been made redundant. As loyal a fan as youll find.

With quotes like "stop whinging, get your hands in your pocket and support your club" its little wonder that you have been accused of being an employee of the coub in the past. Theres nothing we can do, the responsibility is all yours regardless of what we do. You also repeatedly tell us that Venkys will write any cheques, surely theres no need to put prices up?

Even if the club shares your view that value shouldnt come into it and we should pay regardless, that doesnt work practically. Putting prices up when the product quality goes down makes no sense.

No, don’t make this out to be something it isn’t.  If you can’t afford a ticket then you can’t afford it. I know how bad the employment situation is and my company has employed over 250 extra people since March. People who lost their jobs in the blink of an eye after years of service in various industries. I’ve also employed people off this board and offered to help others in private conversations. 

The “stop whinging...” is to those with the means to pay who are hiding behind their “disgust” at the extra £20 and a delay on releasing the details.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

No, don’t make this out to be something it isn’t.  If you can’t afford a ticket then you can’t afford it. I know how bad the employment situation is and my company has employed over 250 extra people since March. People who lost their jobs in the blink of an eye after years of service in various industries. I’ve also employed people off this board and offered to help others in private conversations. 

The “stop whinging...” is to those with the means to pay who are hiding behind their “disgust” at the extra £20 and a delay on releasing the details.

Which stand has only gone up by £20?

My seat has gone up by £80 in the Riverside this season.

Do you honestly think that is an acceptable rise during a global pandemic with the biggest recession in decades upon us, in a town like Blackburn?

They have also quietly dropped the free under 8's tickets in the family stand which I think is disgusting, a dad and a couple of kids that age have suddenly had £170 added to there bill In that stand. Is that acceptable in the current climate? 

• Like 9

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Which stand has only gone up by £20?

My seat has gone up by £80 in the Riverside this season.

Do you honestly think that is an acceptable rise during a global pandemic with the biggest recession in decades upon us, in a town like Blackburn?

They have also quietly dropped the free under 8's tickets in the family stand which I think is disgusting, a dad and a couple of kids that age have suddenly had £170 added to there bill In that stand. Is that acceptable in the current climate? 

Though I think the price increase was more about equality - as ticket holders would be spread the ground to make best use of space given bubbles and social distancing rules - I think the club could have been more imaginative in their pricing approach (ie compensate those in the posh seats if they end up in a cheaper seat, rather than effectively penalise those in cheaper seats). 

However - if you think of it logically - there will be very few matches (if any) with spectators this season. Therefore your refund towards next seasons ticket (ie the difference between avg mat h ticket price and ifollow cost) is actually greater than it would have been - so you could actually end up (comparatively) better off ? 

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Further clarity on the sell on not affecting the budget.

Screenshot_20200930-225231_Twitter.jpg

Not a massive surprise, I would imagine the same with Raya to if he moves in the window.

Clearly up shits creek without a paddle unless we get some financial assistance. I'm really not clued up on any of the financial regulations in football - mainly because of my own laziness, but i'm guessing Venky's can't just chuck any sum of money into the club (if they were willing) to keep things ticking over?