BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Brewster isn't worth 23 million yet but will be he is quality.Liverpool have insisted on a buy back clause, shows they rate him .Scored 11 goals in 22 matches In his debut season for Swansea in this division.Not sure if you have seen him play much to describe him as a journeyman in waiting?He will play for England

i`ve seen him play on a few occasions,he`s ok,nothing special and not good enough to be leading the line in the top flight,as for playing for england,he well might,but then again eric dier plays for the national side and if he can so can anyone with two legs?

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i`ve seen him play on a few occasions,he`s ok,nothing special and not good enough to be leading the line in the top flight,as for playing for england,he well might,but then again eric dier plays for the national side and if he can so can anyone with two legs?

Well the best manager in the world saw fit to insist on a buy back clause before agreeing to sell him that's good enough for me to suggest he will have far better career than being a journey man

27 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

I think Brewster will be well worth the money they are paying.

I agree. That’s a sound investment that will pay dividends in the bank and on the pitch . It’s still extortionate prices but in the current market and going rate it’s a good deal IMO

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you have to ask yourself if brewster is that good why did clopp go out and buy diego jota

Brewster a different type of player to Jota and Jota further along in his development.Jota can play all across the front 3 where as Brewster  a Centre forward.The debate isn't wether Jota is a better player than Brewster anyway,I just don't agree with your belief that Brewster gonna be nothing more than a journey man 

24m for a lad that has as many championship goals as Ben Brereton.

Suppose he is a year younger ?‍♂️

I bet in the past 3 months Arma has played more senior games and scored more goals than Brewster has in his entire career.

Yeah Brewster might be good but Wilder has been absolutely mugged with that price. Wonder how much he’d have cost if he played for West Brom or something.

Sheer lunacy.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Just now, islander200 said:

Brewster a different type of player to Jota and Jota further along in his development.Jota can play all across the front 3 where as Brewster  a Centre forward.The debate isn't wether Jota is a better player than Brewster anyway,I just don't agree with your belief that Brewster gonna be nothing more than a journey man 

ok,i guess we`ll have to agree to disagree?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Errrr ..sky sports had their man outside dortmunds stadium yesterday reporting that Dortmund had turned down 90m bid.

So if the media (including Sky) which reported the Raya bids but did it outside of Brentfords ground instead, it would be evidence?

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you have to ask yourself if brewster is that good why did clopp go out and buy diego jota

Because Liverpool have higher standards, and more of a need for top top players to go straight into their world class team, than Sheffield United do?

• Like 1

We hadn’t signed any players from outside the UK since SK and JA left the club.

So we set up a European scouting network and have signed Holtby and Kaminski in the last 12 months.

Holtby being well known and Kaminski having a fall out with Gent were obvious catalysts for them moving / leaving their clubs. But they are NOT the reason they turned up at Blackburn Rovers. The European Scouting Network ie feet on the ground in Europe, means we are scouting lots of players via analysis and have ears to the ground for potential moves.

You’d have to be an absolute crank to believe we’ve randomly tripped over two 27-30yr old high performers from Europe for next to no money after not being able to find any for years.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We hadn’t signed any players from outside the UK since SK and JA left the club.

So we set up a European scouting network and have signed Holtby and Kaminski in the last 12 months.

Holtby being well known and Kaminski having a fall out with Gent were obvious catalysts for them moving / leaving their clubs. But they are NOT the reason they turned up at Blackburn Rovers. The European Scouting Network ie feet on the ground in Europe, means we are scouting lots of players via analysis and have ears to the ground for potential moves.

You’d have to be an absolute crank to believe we’ve randomly tripped over two 27-30yr old high performers from Europe for next to no money after not being able to find any for years.

Didn't Bowyer sign three players from outside the UK? From memory Songo, Koite and another. All useless by the way and probably not scouted in the conventional sense.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Didn't Bowyer sign three players from outside the UK? From memory Songo, Koite and another. All useless by the way and probably not scouted in the conventional sense.

Yeah, there might have been a couple. But those weren’t scouted as you suggested. The truth is we haven’t signed anyone good from abroad since the last European scouting network was taken down....post PL for JA to weave his magic ??

So we set up a new one and hey presto, two good signings in the last 12 months for not a lot of money. It’s not rocket science. 

24 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Who do you reckon?!

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Didn't Song'o and Petshi come for trials at the club if Memory serves me right. Didn't  Bangaly-Fode Koita come from an Agent offering him to the club? 

23 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Phil Hays information is absolutely solid too.

Sharpe and Crooke have dismissed this rumour several times now. We can't afford his wages either. 

18 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Aleesami would be decent option. Did well in the Norway game I watched last time during the international round of games

Martin Frydek is someone that has been mention before. 

If we manage to get 2 quality loan players in, you expect them to be in the match day 18, plus Lenihan , Dack, Travis, JRC and Evans, who would also expect to be in the 18, that would be a very decent squad. Obviously injures will play a part but would be interesting if most were fit who would actually start.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Sharpe and Crooke have dismissed this rumour several times now. We can't afford his wages either. 

I'm not saying we will sign him but just because Sharpe and Crooke dismiss a link doesn't mean it won't happen.There is only so much the club tells them.

Pretty sure they were both rather dismissive when fans suggested Ayala as a potential target earlier in the window,I wouldn't have expected the club to be able to afford him either 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

24m for a lad that has as many championship goals as Ben Brereton.

Suppose he is a year younger ?‍♂️

I bet in the past 3 months Arma has played more senior games and scored more goals than Brewster has in his entire career.

Yeah Brewster might be good but Wilder has been absolutely mugged with that price. Wonder how much he’d have cost if he played for West Brom or something.

Sheer lunacy.

BB - 100 appearances - 10 goals

Brewster - 20 appearances -10 goals.

Brewster is quality. He'll score a lot more goals, and at a higher level, than BB ever will. Don't hate on everybody who signs for Sheffield clubs.?

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I'm not saying we will sign him but just because Sharpe and Crooke dismiss a link doesn't mean it won't happen.There is only so much the club tells them.

Pretty sure they were both rather dismissive when fans suggested Ayala as a potential target earlier in the window,I wouldn't have expected the club to be able to afford him either 

I just think with Douglas's wages likely to be above our top earner at the club. 

Also he just pick up alot of injuries so thats a another minus against his signing for me.