BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Whoever pays that is a mug. 3 mil plus a percentage of wages just to borrow a player that will be getting limited game time at Liverpool....let him stay there then. Surely loans work both ways? We get a player of PL potential and they get their player plenty of games that he otherwise would not get.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Well if Mowbray brings in 2 or 3, I don't think he can have any excuse whatsoever if he fails to get us promoted this season when many on here think we've had a great window.

Get us up this season or on yer bike Mowbray - you've had both enough time and backing in the transfer market. 

Fast Forward....Wembley, May 2021

Radio Lancs commentary: “We move into the 94th minute of this exciting play off final and with the scores locked at 2-2 extra time now looks inevitable....cross from the right hits Lenihan’s arm....oh no it’s a penalty....the ref has given a penalty....Lenihan’s arms were by his side but the referee has seen that as handball and a season’s efforts seem set to come to naught here thanks to that decision... Kevin...what about that decision...?”

KG (for it is he): “Well I don’t know how that can be given....but wait....here comes Steve Waggott....he seems to be handing Tony Mowbray a P45....well that seems harsh to me....especially as the penalty hasn’t yet been taken...”

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Whoever pays that is a mug. 3 mil plus a percentage of wages just to borrow a player that will be getting limited game time at Liverpool....let him stay there then. Surely loans work both ways? We get a player of PL potential and they get their player plenty of games that he otherwise would not get.

It's not a 3 million loan fee according to Nixon.

1 million loan fee plus his full wages paid still an expensive deal

• Like 2

I am not against any of these moves. I just think it strange Mowbray would be so hot for a 3rd gk, when we’ve always got to play two CB’s, we are already short at LB, and truthfully, we’re thin at all four back positions. Even though I don’t see Bennett in a key role going forward, it’s obvious now he’s a long-term absentee.  

I guess TM has already figured out we won’t have Kaminski very long. That is sad news. but the thought of having kaminski, Stergiakis & Pears all at one time, when all we had last year was Walton, that seems really deficient thinking to me.

4 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

It would be crazy to waste money signing another goalie. I'd be prioritising a left back, right back, centre back, central midfielder, winger and a striker all above brining in another keeper.

We don't know how good this Greek guy is tho,he cost us nothing.Maybe they have looked at him in training and don't think he is ready.

We do need a number 2 who is ready to step in if anything happens with Kaminski injury wise.

Pears will be costing peanuts anyway,Close with Douglas so that will be left back sorted

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We don't know how good this Greek guy is tho,he cost us nothing.Maybe they have looked at him in training and don't think he is ready.

We do need a number 2 who is ready to step in if anything happens with Kaminski injury wise.

Pears will be costing peanuts anyway,Close with Douglas so that will be left back sorted

We've already had a 200K bid turned down for Pears and given the manager has said we aren't going to spend £1 Million on one player if we are paying 300-400K Boro want for Pears then that is a sizable chunk of the budget. Surely the much vaunted European scouting network will have enabled Mowbray to know all about the Greek lad prior to signing. Also he did cost a fee and has a 3 year contract. To go wasting clubs funds on a third goalkeeper in one window would be crazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Well if Mowbray brings in 2 or 3, I don't think he can have any excuse whatsoever if he fails to get us promoted this season when many on here think we've had a great window.

Get us up this season or on yer bike Mowbray - you've had both enough time and backing in the transfer market. 

To summarize your summer’s input: this washed-up manager, who has been clueless in the transfer market and has no idea how to develop young talent has, in a summer where  the scouting network was a flop, he had no pot to piss in and had to sell our Crown Jewels to cover Venkys pulling the plug, assembled a squad so brimming in talent the only thing that will stop us getting promotion is his tactical ineptitude?

Edited by Exiled in Toronto
  • Like 7