• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do we know there is no urgency? 3 years ago.. Back 4 v Southend 2017 Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams,    All 4 players still at the club and 3 nailed on to start ag

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historic

Don't take it personally. He might have had a drink. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

Fast Forward....Wembley, May 2021

Radio Lancs commentary: “We move into the 94th minute of this exciting play off final and with the scores locked at 2-2 extra time now looks inevitable....cross from the right hits Lenihan’s arm....oh no it’s a penalty....the ref has given a penalty....Lenihan’s arms were by his side but the referee has seen that as handball and a season’s efforts seem set to come to naught here thanks to that decision... Kevin...what about that decision...?”

KG (for it is he): “Well I don’t know how that can be given....but wait....here comes Steve Waggott....he seems to be handing Tony Mowbray a P45....well that seems harsh to me....especially as the penalty hasn’t yet been taken...”

It's all right, one of our 8 keepers would save the penalty.

?

I’m not one for conspiracies but the Pears thing feels very ‘jobs for the boys’ like we are doing an old mate a favour!

Downing wouldn’t come for me, rated him but if he wanted to be here he would have signed pre season 

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Who is?

Hilton.

Just now, Tom said:

I’m not one for conspiracies but the Pears thing feels very ‘jobs for the boys’ like we are doing an old mate a favour!

Downing wouldn’t come for me, rated him but if he wanted to be here he would have signed pre season 

To be fair, we dont know that for sure with Downing. Maybe it was a case as Mowbray implied earlier whereby Downing to us was a Plan B/C, not the other way around, he mentioned that he might "revisit" it once we had signed our priorities, so maybe it is just a case that we havent spent our budget hence why we can go back to it.

Even if the decision was partially Downings, I think its very fair for him to be a little bit cautious when accepting a lower wage considering his successful season last time out. But it is all hypothetical.

The problem for me would be fitness, signing him next week would be 5 or 6 games into the season, and then he would have missed pre season. 

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Will be his last contract you would imagine, cant blame him for holding out for better offers. That said, while I would like him here on much reduced terms as an experienced squad player, I wouldn't lose much sleep if he didn't come. 

STILL need a LB and talk of yet another keeper is insanity for me. You have to laugh at this forum at times, a couple of weeks ago everyone decided the Greek lad was the next coming of Gordon Banks and a massive feather in the cap of the European scouting network.

Now we've probably discovered he's crap and going to be 3rd choice!

Don't understand why we'd be in for a CM either, If we had room for cover I'd much rather we brought in a half decent striker in case of an injury to Armstrong.

Potentially disconcerting end to what previously had looked a promising window. We seem to be reverting back to signing anyone for the sake of it because we've missed out on our targets rather than bringing in players in the positions we actually need.

Talk about bringing someone in so we can leave our best player so far this season, Dolan, out is equally crackers.

Let's see what transpires but I'm actually getting more concerned than I was a day or too ago rather than the other way round.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

STILL need a LB and talk of yet another keeper is insanity for me. You have to laugh at this forum at times, a couple of weeks ago everyone decided the Greek lad was the next coming of Gordon Banks and a massive feather in the cap of the European scouting network.

Don't understand why we'd be in for a CM either, If we had room for cover I'd much rather we brought in a half decent striker in case of an injury to Armstrong.

Potentially disconcerting end to what previously had looked a promising window. We seem to be reverting back to signing anyone for the sake of it because we've missed out on our targets rather than bringing in players in the positions we actually need.

Talk about bringing someone in so we can leave our best player so far this season, Dolan, out is equally crackers.

Let's see what transpires but I'm actually getting more concerned than I was a day or too ago rather than the other way round.

Except we are signing a left back. Midfielder has been on the cards since trav got injured. Keeper no ones saying the keeper is rubbish pure speculation.

Had a brief chat with a good mate of mine who is a die hard Leeds fan. His assessment....

Douglas - Wand of a left foot, good passer, great on set pieces....not athletic enough to play in a Bielsa team, slow and is sometimes beaten for pace, but good at Championship level.

Sounds like a minor upgrade on Cunningham and almost a Mulgrew type of player at left back?

Two promotions on the CV with Wolves and Leeds can't be too bad though!

1 hour ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

To summarize your summer’s input: this washed-up manager, who has been clueless in the transfer market and has no idea how to develop young talent has, in a summer where  the scouting network was a flop, he had no pot to piss in and had to sell our Crown Jewels to cover Venkys pulling the plug, assembled a squad so brimming in talent the only thing that will stop us getting promotion is his tactical ineptitude?

There is literally no come back from this, superb. Of course, I look forward to the response..

14 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Douglas having a medical.The left back is all but done

Dont know much about Trybull or Douglas but three promotions between them is good experience that we've been lacking. Add in one promotion for Ayala plus Kaminski looks solid. We're looking alright

I think that's a very successful window if these two come off. Could have done with another CB for cover but think we can make a decent fist of it this season so long as Tony doesnt try to channel his inner pep. 

Edited by RoverDom