BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Does that apply to the Liverpool lad as well?

No - I don't think it does......

43.9.2  The following Players do not need to be included in the Squad List to be eligible to play in League Matches:

(a)  in respect of Championship Clubs, any Under 21 Player (save for any Under 21 Player who is registered with the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer); and

• Like 2

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Check. Tony's Tombola is now defunct. 

Tony will need an algorithm to help him pick a starting XI from that lot.

Honestly if you can't see the positives in this transfer window - especially the players we brought in today - you may as well not bother. 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Is a 17-year-old going to be picked over Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Travis (when fit), the Norwich lad, and all the other experienced midfield players on the books?

I don't think so....unless Liverpool have a clause in the deal guaranteeing him game time. 

Think he’s guna play the brereton role so most likely an upgrade

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Looking like a great day of business today if Elliott goes through, and a very good window, with all key areas supported that really needed it.

Just the one issue...

The goalkeeper hoarding is ridiculous, especially if Fisher doesn't go out on loan. He should have already been sent out as we are well covered there and he doesn't look good enough to be the backup anyway, rather have used any of the other young goalies. Now we are just going to have a pissed off bunch of youth goalies if Fisher doesn't go. It would be Fisher, the Greek, Hilton when returned, and even Eastham all fighting it out for one u23 spot! Eastham probably isnt getting near that tbh due to seniority from the others, so that makes it him, Goddard and Dowling is it, fighting for one u18 spot. Too many is better than too few if it's in budget, but goddamn that's excessive.

Overall I think we have been over cautious with the youngsters going out on loan in general, and it will stall their development. Apart from that, all looking good for the first team, just hope the signings prove as good as we hope.

I'd expect the young Greek lad and Fisher to go out on loan.

2 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Honestly if you can't see the positives in this transfer window - especially the players we brought in today - you may as well not bother. 

It is possible to have too many players - unless some of them are being lined up for the exit door quickly Mowbray can't possibly keep that many happy.  

Just now, jim mk2 said:

It is possible to have too many players - unless some of them are being lined up for the exit door quickly Mowbray can't possibly keep that many happy.  

Agreed, but my point was given the absolute shit show of the Venkys reign thus far I'm basking in this transfer windows glory, it literally couldn't have gone any better. And perhaps we are on our way out of the last 8 yrs of shite... excited to see if Tony can do what he really should with the squad he has assembled. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

We will need a big squad more than ever this year...with the change in style.7 games in the next 21 days 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I expect them all to play their part with this year's schedule. Would certainly rather have it this way than looking too thin!

This is where the team spirit and good attitudes come into play also.

• Like 1

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Agreed, but my point was given the absolute shit show of the Venkys reign thus far I'm basking in this transfer windows glory, it literally couldn't have gone any better. And perhaps we are on our way out of the last 8 yrs of shite... excited to see if Tony can do what he really should with the squad he has assembled. 

Yes, he's no excuse now. There can't be many clubs in this division with a squad that size. The wage bill must be astronomical. It sounds as if Tony has been given every single player he wanted. Anything other than a top 6 place now would be a failure on his part 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If you want to play football at the intensity that we have been then you are going to need a big squad. We also have a long season ahead of us and in a short space of time.

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Yes, he's no excuse now. There can't be many clubs in this division with a squad that size. The wage bill must be astronomical. It sounds as if Tony has been given every single player he wanted. Anything other than a top 6 place now would be a failure on his part 

I will take that as your version of giving Tony a little bit of credit ? 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Check. Tony's Tombola is now defunct. 

Tony will need an algorithm to help him pick a starting XI from that lot.

It’s a valid point. Mowbray has always faired best when he has had fewer options.

With so many options now at Tombola Tony’s disposal we need to break the mould and operate a squad rotation policy that generates momentum.

Can’t argue with his choices, Venkys have backed him once again. He now has to deliver.

All in all a very good window. The irony being that nobody is there to see it.

Harvey will play. No way Liverpool would have let him come here without some kind of verbal promise that Harvey will get game time, especially as they had no intention of letting him go until TM put up a strong case. Him and Dolan will compete for the right attacking spot. 

The signings today probably spell the end for Davenport and Chapman. 

Edited by rovers11
  • Like 2

Just now, rovers11 said:

Harvey will play. No way Liverpool would have let him come here without some kind of verbal promise that Harvey will get game time, especially as they had no intention of letting him go until TM put up a strong case. Him and Dolan will compete for the right attacking spot. 

Chelsea probably thought the same about Palmer. Just saying

Be extremely harsh on Dolan if he has to split time on the pitch with this lad after the way he's played

Just now, rovers11 said:

I have no idea what the first choice 11 will be when everyone is fit. That's a great sign.

The question is with so many players to choose from will Tony have an idea of his best XI? On his past form I don't see that as a good sign 

• Like 1