BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Do we ever learn with ridiculously long contracts for average players.

Good work by TM. A favour pushed through in final day mayhem.

The Vs won't even notice.

Its been a very good window though and I cant help but think those above have tired of the slow build and told TM and Waggott that this is the P*-Season

* Promotion or P45

• Like 1

Cracking window that. Kept our best players and added quality. Another CB as cover would have been perfect but all in all better than anyone could have hoped for. 

Inlaws are liverpool fans, rate elliot a lot and from what I've seen of him he looks a decent prospect. 

Feels like they're targeting promotion. 

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

eastham,hilton and fisher must be pretty p****d off,not a snowballs chance in hell of them ever playing first team football here,good transfer window but this goalkeeper situation is frankly silly,you don`t need six goalkeepers on the books

It's a crazy change from last year. Funny thing is that even without seeing two of them I bet all 3 we have signed are better than Walton

• Like 3

What an amazing transfer window. We’ve finally addressed our defence, got what looks like a great keeper in, and some exciting talent from the premier league.

Time to get excited about a promising season for me, and I feel that top 6 is a realistic aim now. How good to be able to say that ? 

Additionally, it has been illuminating to see some try to put any negative spin possible - Elliot is on a massive wage and has a bad attitude ? we’ve now got too big a squad ? I sometimes think that people have an entrenched opinion about Mowbray and his tenure, and that they are sticking to their opinion until something goes wrong and they can say “I told you so”. It makes for amusing reading.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

As much as we've obviously signed some quality players, I have a niggling worry. On the assumption that players only come on loan if they're going to get game time, we've got Trybull to fit in the midfield 3 with Evans, Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello (maybe) and Holtby. Are we going to rotate constantly or drop some on-form players? I'm working on the idea that Dack and Armstrong are in our front 3 somewhere which leaves 1 spot for Elliott, Dolan, Brereton, Gallagher, Rankin-Costello (I haven't worked him out yet), Chapman and perhaps even Bell wide left. Dear God that's verging on too much depth if money for wages is supposed to be tight. Would rather have signed another centre back myself....

I think Trybull will find it the hardest but he will be an able backup rather than somebody that slots straight in. That said, he is in last year of contract and there will not be stipulations that he has to play an x amount of games etc. Different kind of loan to Elliott. He will have to prove himself to get a contract from us at end of season - same goes for Douglas but he should surely be in over Bell (has to be).

Edited by JacknOry

Happy with the signing of Elliott if he signs in that I felt that we are light in the wide areas and mentioned as such yesterday. It has come out of the blue and I hope we get it done and over the line.

Ideally we could get someone like Wilson, a proven performer at this level. Obviously that was financially beyond us and we have had to go for someone who is really raw, but he has looked a real talent whenever I have seen him for Liverpool in the cups.

Talk about him rotating with Dolan seems naive, he has not come to sit on our bench, we must have guaranteed to Klopp that he has come to play hence him not planning to even loan him out. I suspect that he will jump above Dolan, Brereton, Rankin Costello etc in the pecking order.

I am also glad that Fisher has been let go permanently. With Pears also signing, it made no sense to cling on to him, with a year left to go letting him go is correct.

• Like 1

4 am in Newcastle, Australia. 

Wow. 

That is an impressive window. And we didn’t even look like selling one of our goodies.

What an impressive squad. 

Seriously, do we have the strongest (Championship) squad on paper? Or is that just me being overly optimistic?

Maaaannnn ....

• Like 4

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Happy with the signing of Elliott if he signs in that I felt that we are light in the wide areas and mentioned as such yesterday. It has come out of the blue and I hope we get it done and over the line.

Ideally we could get someone like Wilson, a proven performer at this level. Obviously that was financially beyond us and we have had to go for someone who is really raw, but he has looked a real talent whenever I have seen him for Liverpool in the cups.

Talk about him rotating with Dolan seems naive, he has not come to sit on our bench, we must have guaranteed to Klopp that he has come to play hence him not planning to even loan him out. I suspect that he will jump above Dolan, Brereton, Rankin Costello etc in the pecking order.

I am also glad that Fisher has been let go permanently. With Pears also signing, it made no sense to cling on to him, with a year left to go letting him go is correct.

The Elliot deal is done.Liverpool have announced it on their official site

Just now, JacknOry said:

I think Trybull will find it the hardest but he will be an able backup rather than somebody that slots straight in. That said, he is in last year of contract and their will not be stipulations that he has to play an x amount of games etc. Different kind of loan to Elliott. He will have to prove himself to get a contract from us at end of season - same goes for Douglas but he should surely be in over Bell (has to be).

He isnt in his final year:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2019/july/tom-trybull-signs-new-contract-with-norwich-city/

I am also unconvinced that he is coming as back up.

Best transfer window since Venkys rolled up.

We've filled gaps in the squad (Kaminski, Ayala), improved what we have/created competition (Douglas, Elliott), and have a capable placeholder covering for a key squad member (Trybull). Over to you Tone...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

As much as we've obviously signed some quality players, I have a niggling worry. On the assumption that players only come on loan if they're going to get game time, we've got Trybull to fit in the midfield 3 with Evans, Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello (maybe) and Holtby. Are we going to rotate constantly or drop some on-form players? I'm working on the idea that Dack and Armstrong are in our front 3 somewhere which leaves 1 spot for Elliott, Dolan, Brereton, Gallagher, Rankin-Costello (I haven't worked him out yet), Chapman and perhaps even Bell wide left. Dear God that's verging on too much depth if money for wages is supposed to be tight. Would rather have signed another centre back myself....

As someone said yesterday, fixtures are going to come thick and fast this season so it could we be the team with the biggest squad that goes up. 

Very different season to come.  Mowbray gets what he wants (more or less) Venkys put another 18 million into the club presumably to keep us afloat over Covid but also to cover salaries for our new players.

For the first time, Mowbray now needs to deliver.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 4000Holes said:

Very different season to come.  Mowbray gets what he wants (more or less) Venkys put another 18 million into the club presumably to keep us afloat over Covid but also to cover salaries for our new players.

For the first time, Mowbray now needs to deliver.

Yes, he had no excuses now. 

31 minutes ago, Dolly blue said:

Well Tony....I have been one of your most fierce critics. This window looks like it’s been the best in years.....you have cracking pegs already at the club....and this week some very exciting new pegs have arrived. All you need to do is put them in the right holes ...... if you can....we will all be with you !

Love a good pegging...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, s_simpson_9 said:

4 am in Newcastle, Australia. 

Wow. 

That is an impressive window. And we didn’t even look like selling one of our goodies.

What an impressive squad. 

Seriously, do we have the strongest (Championship) squad on paper? Or is that just me being overly optimistic?

Maaaannnn ....

I know hardly anything about most other championship teams so I would have to say we have the best squad BY FAR.

Edited by S8 & Blue