Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do we know there is no urgency? 3 years ago.. Back 4 v Southend 2017 Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew (c), Williams,    All 4 players still at the club and 3 nailed on to start ag

West Bromwich Albion are Founder Members of the Football League, they’ve spent around 80 seasons as a top flight club (10 seasons more than us), they’ve also won numerous trophies. They are a historic

Don't take it personally. He might have had a drink. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Traviscon said:

Pears has signed for 4 years. 

eastham,hilton and fisher must be pretty p****d off,not a snowballs chance in hell of them ever playing first team football here,good transfer window but this goalkeeper situation is frankly silly,you don`t need six goalkeepers on the books

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Your attitude towards other people’s opinions sticks.

I honestly couldnt care less what you think. You’re probably pissed off you’ve nothing to moan about too ??

Edited by Paul Mani
Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as we've obviously signed some quality players, I have a niggling worry. On the assumption that players only come on loan if they're going to get game time, we've got Trybull to fit in the midfield 3 with Evans, Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello (maybe) and Holtby. Are we going to rotate constantly or drop some on-form players? I'm working on the idea that Dack and Armstrong are in our front 3 somewhere which leaves 1 spot for Elliott, Dolan, Brereton, Gallagher, Rankin-Costello (I haven't worked him out yet), Chapman and perhaps even Bell wide left. Dear God that's verging on too much depth if money for wages is supposed to be tight. Would rather have signed another centre back myself....

Link to post
Share on other sites

On paper it looks like a good transfer window, although I'd have rather seen another centre back come in than another keeper. It's now up to Mowbray to get this team into 6th place at the very minimum, he can have no excuses for failing to do so.

Edited by Ewood Ace
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a window! Cracking business and we now have a very exciting squad mixed with experience and exciting talent. There’s no reason why we can’t be competing for playoffs at the absolute minimum. 
Elliot out of nowhere is very exciting. He’s been around the first team for the best team in the Country and arguably Europe. There’s no doubt he will be getting a lot of match time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Do we ever learn with ridiculously long contracts for average players.

Good work by TM. A favour pushed through in final day mayhem.

The Vs won't even notice.

Its been a very good window though and I cant help but think those above have tired of the slow build and told TM and Waggott that this is the P*-Season

* Promotion or P45

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking window that. Kept our best players and added quality. Another CB as cover would have been perfect but all in all better than anyone could have hoped for. 

 

Inlaws are liverpool fans, rate elliot a lot and from what I've seen of him he looks a decent prospect. 

Feels like they're targeting promotion. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

eastham,hilton and fisher must be pretty p****d off,not a snowballs chance in hell of them ever playing first team football here,good transfer window but this goalkeeper situation is frankly silly,you don`t need six goalkeepers on the books

It's a crazy change from last year. Funny thing is that even without seeing two of them I bet all 3 we have signed are better than Walton

Link to post
Share on other sites

What an amazing transfer window. We’ve finally addressed our defence, got what looks like a great keeper in, and some exciting talent from the premier league.

Time to get excited about a promising season for me, and I feel that top 6 is a realistic aim now. How good to be able to say that ? 

Additionally, it has been illuminating to see some try to put any negative spin possible - Elliot is on a massive wage and has a bad attitude ? we’ve now got too big a squad ? I sometimes think that people have an entrenched opinion about Mowbray and his tenure, and that they are sticking to their opinion until something goes wrong and they can say “I told you so”. It makes for amusing reading.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Riverside under the drip said:

As much as we've obviously signed some quality players, I have a niggling worry. On the assumption that players only come on loan if they're going to get game time, we've got Trybull to fit in the midfield 3 with Evans, Travis, Johnson, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello (maybe) and Holtby. Are we going to rotate constantly or drop some on-form players? I'm working on the idea that Dack and Armstrong are in our front 3 somewhere which leaves 1 spot for Elliott, Dolan, Brereton, Gallagher, Rankin-Costello (I haven't worked him out yet), Chapman and perhaps even Bell wide left. Dear God that's verging on too much depth if money for wages is supposed to be tight. Would rather have signed another centre back myself....

I think Trybull will find it the hardest but he will be an able backup rather than somebody that slots straight in. That said, he is in last year of contract and there will not be stipulations that he has to play an x amount of games etc. Different kind of loan to Elliott. He will have to prove himself to get a contract from us at end of season - same goes for Douglas but he should surely be in over Bell (has to be).

Edited by JacknOry
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy with the signing of Elliott if he signs in that I felt that we are light in the wide areas and mentioned as such yesterday. It has come out of the blue and I hope we get it done and over the line.

Ideally we could get someone like Wilson, a proven performer at this level. Obviously that was financially beyond us and we have had to go for someone who is really raw, but he has looked a real talent whenever I have seen him for Liverpool in the cups.

Talk about him rotating with Dolan seems naive, he has not come to sit on our bench, we must have guaranteed to Klopp that he has come to play hence him not planning to even loan him out. I suspect that he will jump above Dolan, Brereton, Rankin Costello etc in the pecking order.

I am also glad that Fisher has been let go permanently. With Pears also signing, it made no sense to cling on to him, with a year left to go letting him go is correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 am in Newcastle, Australia. 
 

Wow. 
 

That is an impressive window. And we didn’t even look like selling one of our goodies.
 

What an impressive squad. 
 

Seriously, do we have the strongest (Championship) squad on paper? Or is that just me being overly optimistic?

Maaaannnn ....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Happy with the signing of Elliott if he signs in that I felt that we are light in the wide areas and mentioned as such yesterday. It has come out of the blue and I hope we get it done and over the line.

Ideally we could get someone like Wilson, a proven performer at this level. Obviously that was financially beyond us and we have had to go for someone who is really raw, but he has looked a real talent whenever I have seen him for Liverpool in the cups.

Talk about him rotating with Dolan seems naive, he has not come to sit on our bench, we must have guaranteed to Klopp that he has come to play hence him not planning to even loan him out. I suspect that he will jump above Dolan, Brereton, Rankin Costello etc in the pecking order.

I am also glad that Fisher has been let go permanently. With Pears also signing, it made no sense to cling on to him, with a year left to go letting him go is correct.

The Elliot deal is done.Liverpool have announced it on their official site

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.